Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:43:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-20] The $86 Million "Pineapple Fund"  (Read 89 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:28:09 AM

On Wednesday morning, bitcoin enthusiasts on Reddit woke up to an intriguing thread in r/bitcoin: a user by the name of @PineappleFund had posted, “I’m donating 5057 BTC to charitable causes! Introducing the Pineapple Fund.” For anyone following the meteoric rise in bitcoin prices, that figure - 5057 BTC - might have the same effect as an extra shot of espresso: it converts to an estimated $86 million.

@PineappleFund continued: Hello! I remember starting at bitcoin a few years ago. When bitcoin broke single digits for the first time, I thought that was a triumphant moment for bitcoin. I watched and admired the price jump to $15.. $20.. $30.. wow!*

Today, I see $17,539 per BTC. I still don’t believe reality sometimes. bitcoin has changed my life, and I have far more money than I can ever spend. My aims, goals, and motivations in life have nothing to do with having XX million or being the mega rich. So I’m doing something else: donating the majority of my bitcoins to charitable causes. I’m calling it 🍍 The Pineapple Fund. Yes, donating ~$86 million worth of bitcoins to charities Smiley

Please read more of this here...

This is an interesting post and if this is really true (sorry for doubting such a rare act but we know the things online...) indeed this can put soul back again to Bitcoin. It is really about time that there can be a Bill Gates in the world of Bitcoin and we are hoping that soon this can snowball to encourage more Bitcoin wealthy investors to chip in from their purse in pursuing projects for the good of humanity. However, the best thing to do is to have a fund where small Bitcoin holders and enthusiasts can donate whatever amount of Bitcoin they can to fund worthwhile projects everywhere in the globe. Are you charitable enough to help other people via your Bitcoin? 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: