Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck transaction & issues getting BTC out of Multibit Classic  (Read 94 times)
larsson7 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:51:22 AM

Hi,

I bought some BTC a while ago and had stored it in an old Multibit Classic wallet until Monday when I tried to transfer my BTC to a new wallet. Unfortunately Multibit Classic defaulted the transaction fee to a very low value and my transaction is stuck and will likely never be completed. This presents me with 2 issues:

1) My transaction is stuck and I would really appreciate any help to get it confirmed soon. I'm aware that the transaction should be 'forgotten' eventually but this could take quite some time so I am keen to rectify this asap. Is there anyone out there who could help me to get this confirmed? Transaction ID is 0038fc1657036c4a4dd3c9c04b06f3f4d5cee9cfae64f6f48efc42ffed6e5a86

2) The most recent version of Multibit Classic has a sliding scale which allows the user to select their transaction fee. Unfortunately the maximum value on the slider is 0.0005 BTC/KB which is very far below the level of transaction fee required these days to get a confirmation. I am therefore unsure how I can transfer any BTC out of this wallet without any future transactions also becoming stuck. Can I just open up the wallet file in the newest version of Multibit HD? From what I’ve read, I don’t think this is possible.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
racquemis

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:03:23 AM

I think the best you can do is download Electrum and import your wallet using private key (you can export it in Multibit).
Do NOT just sweep the private key though.

EDIT after that you will have far more control
larsson7 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:11:49 PM

I think the best you can do is download Electrum and import your wallet using private key (you can export it in Multibit).

Thanks, am considering doing this but should I wait until my stuck transaction becomes unstuck before importing the wallet? Or will this not make any difference?
racquemis

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

Thanks, am considering doing this but should I wait until my stuck transaction becomes unstuck before importing the wallet? Or will this not make any difference?

It will not make any difference... infact, you can get it unstuck if you use Electrum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: