Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:13:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero mining  (Read 146 times)
numeracci (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:56:18 AM

Hi everyone, I'd like to mine some of this coin, just for fun, no real profitability.(1 GPU, home user)
I tried to set up the Claymore miner on Nanopool, but a little confused ATM with the "payment id" issue, I understood the concept but first time I've seen this, never used to mine other coins(always for fun  Grin).
Do you have any suggestion on starting? Best pools and miners? Is there a workaround for "payment id"?
Njeroe

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:56:40 PM

Hi everyone, I'd like to mine some of this coin, just for fun, no real profitability.(1 GPU, home user)
I tried to set up the Claymore miner on Nanopool, but a little confused ATM with the "payment id" issue, I understood the concept but first time I've seen this, never used to mine other coins(always for fun  Grin).
Do you have any suggestion on starting? Best pools and miners? Is there a workaround for "payment id"?

pool list http://moneropools.com/
as miner I prefer XMR STAK, give it a try, here is a nice set up guide https://howtomine.co/2017/12/10/how-to-mine-monero-xmr-stak/

Payment IDs are only needed when sending or mining directly to an exchange, otherwise your local wallet address is enough...
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

Yes, actually you can easily use nanopool with payment id and mine directly to exchange - to cryptopia for example, just make in your bat file the string looks like this  - wallet_number_from_crypotopia.paymentid_from_cryptopia
So basically you have to use . ( dot) between your addres and payment id. Then nanopul will send your coins to your account on cryptoia
numeracci (OP)

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

Thanks all, I managed to set up the miner( I thought I had to set the amount of mined monero, instead it's only payment id after wallet id)
Now the real problem is my pc running very slow after I started the miner. Mining other coins I was able to use my pc for navigation and little works maybe I have to set up config for the miner as well? Or is it normal for Monero mining?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: