Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX Launch - Free Trades for All Bxlievers!  (Read 13129 times)
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:50:47 PM

Was it by design that you the depth of market only shows integer levels?  I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.

I was about to complain about that too, hehe. Smiley I suppose it's okay for at-a-glance, but it seems like there's no real way to get an accurate representation of the market depth.

I get the feeling none of this stuff was caught during the testnet phase because I'd imagine most people were dealing in rather large amounts and thus never tried dealing in really small amounts. It's a shame, hopefully Keyur figures it out soon.

They also picked a shit of a weekend to launch, but oh well. Cheesy

^_^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:58:56 PM

In other words, CampBX does not want to be a place for illegal activity!
Sure.
But according to this document:

APPENDIX F: MONEY LAUNDERING AND TERRORIST FINANCING "RED FLAGS"
http://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/pages_manual/OLM_106.htm

purchasing bitcoins is illegal, because you don't know where purchased funds are going. In what country do they go?...

So, you have to report every transaction to respective auhtorities!?

HideousBeastManGuy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:02:08 PM

I just noticed that their ticker data (top-center of main page) does accurately reflect prices posted.

I guess Keyur probably wants real feedback, so at the expense of sounding like a hater... I really didn't like that there was no API for trading but that was expected, however, not having any type of API for trade data (Ticker, Depth of Market, previous orders) just seemed crazy to me because they aren't really as mission critical as an auto-trading API.  Personally, I couldn't imagine releasing a site without those features given I already have a choice of 4 others will all of these features.

Next, one of the sexiest things about bitcoin exchanges is the level of data we have access to.  On every other exchange I can see exactly what's going on with the Depth of Market, the choice to round all trades in the DOM to integers is just not a good one frankly.

Trying to throw in some positive comments, I like the look of the site, my Dwolla transfer for was less than 5 minutes (although this isn't a shock really).  I did like the idea of margin trading, but it's at a prohibitive commission of 2%.  

If I am to be brutally honest here, there's really nothing separating CampBX at the moment.  I understand it's like the first hour of release, but frankly speaking, you chose this feature set to release to the public.

Really not trying to be a hater here, if the roles were reversed I would want unabashed opinions as well.
qikaifu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

God creats math and math creats bitcoin.

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:10:38 PM

Was it by design that you the depth of market only shows integer levels?  I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.

I was about to complain about that too, hehe. Smiley I suppose it's okay for at-a-glance, but it seems like there's no real way to get an accurate representation of the market depth.

I get the feeling none of this stuff was caught during the testnet phase because I'd imagine most people were dealing in rather large amounts and thus never tried dealing in really small amounts. It's a shame, hopefully Keyur figures it out soon.

They also picked a shit of a weekend to launch, but oh well. Cheesy

Maybe a habit take from the traditional exchanges like stock exchanges?  I think it's not good in the bitcoin world. As other exchanges started the new tradition that we should see the market depth further.

If you see any of my suggestions useful, please donate me. http://btc.to/ec
Kasmal

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:12:19 PM

Looks good, will try it a little Smiley
Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 04:19:58 PM

So the gist of all messages is that frequent traders want more precision!  We are on it, and we will update the configs shortly to allow more precision in Depth tables and order entry.

Stay tuned,
     Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:45:47 PM

I'm having problems logging in to CampBx with the user/pass I created a few days ago.  It keeps telling me my user/pass doesn't work.  When I try to reset my password using a direct copy/paste of my account name found in my account confirmation email from CampBx, it says "Username Error."   Really?  Already?

Edit:  I attempted to re-create my original account using the same user/pass.  I succeeded.  I'm glad it worked, but it is a little weird looking at the identical confirmation emails from CampBx in my inbox.
datguywhowanders

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:55:38 PM

I had to create a new account using the same info I had for the testnet version. It did not carry over.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:04:26 PM

Just created my account, not happy to see the complete lack of support for EU customers.
Real let down.

I know its early days but I really hope you guys sort out EU support soon.

joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:20:39 PM

How do you deal with stolen funds? If the account of a user gets broken into due to something that is not obviously user error, is there any insurance for these funds?

Also, do you offer two-factor authorization?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:30:24 PM

I only see a limit on the quick buy section, i.e. the noob buy.  I doub't it is there in trading as many fractions get filled if you place an order extending away from market price.  

I just tried to place a sell order for ~0.07 BTC and it told me the minimum is 0.5. Sad

They also do the nasty rounding every other exchange does. At least in the "home" screen, can see see the full balance down to the last decimal place? Potentially 8 decimal places won't screw up the design that much.

Elggawf,
    It just requires a quick config tweak on our side to show more Decimal points.  We have set it at 4 to not scare new Bitcoin users who are used to 2 decimal points.  However, we will certainly look into a profile options that lets more experienced users see more precision.

Thank you for trying us out!
     Keyur

And that's why I am moving ALL my BTC's to you guys.
Hope you guys live up to the hype !
HideousBeastManGuy

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:40:55 PM

In the interest of fairness I would like to report my cash out to Dwolla took like 2 minutes.
Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 07:10:59 PM

Thank you HBMG and Qikaifu,
      Took your suggestion and increased the precision on Depth Table.  Now it goes down to cents, instead of dollars.

- Keyur

Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 07:13:57 PM

Just created my account, not happy to see the complete lack of support for EU customers.
Real let down.

I know its early days but I really hope you guys sort out EU support soon.

MB, Dsky, and rdonohoe,
     Accepting funds from Europe takes a lot more Lawyer-time and paperwork, but it is one of our top priorities.  Will keep you posted with the progress, and feel free to PM me your favorite methods so we can look to integrate those as well.

Thank you,
     Keyur

Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 07:17:06 PM

And that's why I am moving ALL my BTC's to you guys.
Hope you guys live up to the hype !

Thank you Vegetta, and welcome!

- Keyur

vectorvictor

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:18:40 PM

More rounding issues - it rounds to 1 decimal place when you place an order.

Place an order for 0.78 and it rounds to 0.8 and throws an error because I don't have 0.8BTC in there. Sad

Edit: then the confirmation page says this, which is clearly wrong:

You are selling: 0.7000 Bitcoins (Rounded to nearest 0.05)

That's pretty stupid and embarrassing...  Was any QA done?  Launching too soon?

I looked at one of the subpages yesterday, and my high-end laptop slowed to a crawl -- seems like there's some impressive bloatware on the back end.  Strike two.

CampBX:  Looking forward to your comments on two-factor authentication and other security measures.  You do understand that you're asking people to trust you with their monies, right?  You only get one shot at earning trust -- if you blow it, it's gone for good.

I do hope you guys come through though, and become a model for other exchanges.  Best of luck.

Slimquick

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:20:56 PM

How do you deal with stolen funds? If the account of a user gets broken into due to something that is not obviously user error, is there any insurance for these funds?

I second this question.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:23:34 PM

I think most people on the testnet site were trading with the $10k allowances they got given, and the 50BTC that you can pretty trivially solo-mine on testnet. So no, I don't think anyone ever actually tried trading tiny fractions of a Bitcoin on it.

I was mistaken also, it's not rounded to one decimal place - it's rounded to the nearest 0.05.  So that means that with 0.78 BTC in my account, I'm only actually able to do anything with 0.75 BTC.

MtGox was frustrating like this too - I have some tiny fractions of a US penny and some fractions of a Bitcoin in there that I can likely never do anything with.

^_^
Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 07:26:52 PM

More rounding issues - it rounds to 1 decimal place when you place an order.

Place an order for 0.78 and it rounds to 0.8 and throws an error because I don't have 0.8BTC in there. Sad

Edit: then the confirmation page says this, which is clearly wrong:

You are selling: 0.7000 Bitcoins (Rounded to nearest 0.05)

I looked at one of the subpages yesterday, and my high-end laptop slowed to a crawl -- seems like there's some impressive bloatware on the back end.  Strike two.

CampBX:  Looking forward to your comments on two-factor authentication and other security measures.  You do understand that you're asking people to trust you with their monies, right?  You only get one shot at earning trust -- if you blow it, it's gone for good.

I do hope you guys come through though, and become a model for other exchanges.  Best of luck.

Vectorvictor,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue despite multiple attempts.  0.78 rounds up to 0.80, and 0.77 rounds down to 0.75 which is the expected behavior.

We will look into offering two-factor authentication depending on feedback from the userbase.

Hope this helps,
     Keyur

Keyur @ Camp BX (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 07:30:53 PM

I second this question.

SQ and JoePie,
    If funds get stolen due to any issues on server side, we will stand behind our product and cover the losses.  Any user side compromises of the account will of course not be covered.  You can request stricter limits on BTC and USD transfers on your account to prevent hacker from making away with too much cash.

Hope this helps,
    Keyur

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: