Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best strategy to maximize the gain  (Read 155 times)
mirkokgb (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:10:43 PM

Hi folks, I am here looking forward to hearing your point of view.

I would like to understand what would be the best strategy to maximize the gain of my portfolio. Here is the scenario:

In terms of smaller altcoins I bought:
- XVG at .02541, now 709€ profit (+306%)
- TRX at .01989, now 194€ profit (+84%)
- DGB at .01298, now 256€ profit (+184%)
- SC at .008304, now 110€ profit (+78%)

The strategic question I have is: shall I keep holding these coins hoping that they will keep raising, or shall I sell everything and convert to ETH, BTC since those two are the two most "reliable" cryptocurrency at the moment?

I know there is no 100% correct-wrong answer to this, I just want to understand how expert people here approach their portfolio and the gains.

Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:29:37 PM

Hi folks, I am here looking forward to hearing your point of view.

I would like to understand what would be the best strategy to maximize the gain of my portfolio. Here is the scenario:

In terms of smaller altcoins I bought:
- XVG at .02541, now 709€ profit (+306%)
- TRX at .01989, now 194€ profit (+84%)
- DGB at .01298, now 256€ profit (+184%)
- SC at .008304, now 110€ profit (+78%)

The strategic question I have is: shall I keep holding these coins hoping that they will keep raising, or shall I sell everything and convert to ETH, BTC since those two are the two most "reliable" cryptocurrency at the moment?

I know there is no 100% correct-wrong answer to this, I just want to understand how expert people here approach their portfolio and the gains.

Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks

If I were you I will take half of you holdings on coins that doubled or nearly doubled already and invest on other solid coins like DGB, NEO and I think you should always have a reserved bitcoin in your portfolio for averaging down purposes.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:35:08 PM

you can take your half profit or you still can holdong it its all up to you, but if that were me ill take the profit and start to expand my portofolio with more alt, or maybe investing to some ICO

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

I think you are already doing alright.
Real question is when will be satisfied.
The numbers on your posts are okay for me. I would have been converting it now to ETH if eer I would have the chance.
I trust ETH and there is a still a lot of room for growth or may be Bitcoin since it is lower now.
Leeke

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:03:47 PM

My (non-expert) strat is hodling, so I would just keep on keeping on with ur current portfolio.

But I take it your asking the question because you're not satisfied with your current holdings. So, in that case I look at the returns and/or usability of the projects. If I wanted to try my luck with another project and I had to divest holdings to get it, the lowest returns would go first, and perhaps also clearing some profit from the higher returning projects (reduces the investment - but still keeps you in it).

shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:14:56 PM

Choosing the desired investment instrument is a strategy, why do not you invest in the best 10 Altcoins..In order to Determine the weight of the investment instrument on the overall value of the portfolio.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:24:48 PM

I am not the best person to ask as I usually tend to baghold coins forever, but if you say to yourself, what is the exit point for each point you want to reach, then you can have a good idea of what you like. I like to go for x 5 gains at least but then have also sold at x 10 or x 2, depending on if I want to hold a coin for the longer term or short term. Try to see first what road map each coin has and where are the important milestones, then decide your entry and exit points and next line of attack.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mirkokgb (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:57:40 PM

thanks for the feedback guys
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:13:10 PM

Choosing the desired investment instrument is a strategy, why do not you invest in the best 10 Altcoins..In order to Determine the weight of the investment instrument on the overall value of the portfolio.

Investing in altcoins can be extremely profitable and can give you unimaginable returns but nowadays there are hundred of altcoins and everyday dozens of ICO's are launched and I have planned to divide my investment between the existing potential altcoins which Worth's less than $1 and then remaining on the challenging and potential ICO which will be the next big thing as I can buy a chunk of it when the value is less.

Am I spamming? Report me!
JulkaEsya

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:01:14 PM

I think as in most cases, to maximize the income needed even with a simple calculation or a business plan.
If you have a way to reject the faulty not bringing the proper percentage of profit,the company coins.
Although the wait and patience until coins fly is also an option!
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

Sell part to reinvest (or just for a living) and hold another part for long-term.

Altcoins and crypto market, in general, shows us that long-time holders usually wins. If you're smart & patient enough — you can gain x1000 profit and more.
Required option — you should invest in strong coins that will survive for at least few years.

Your portfolio looks good so don't sell all amount.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: