Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC price decreases and BCH increases sharply, why?  (Read 419 times)
leitsme (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:57:05 PM

I wonder when the whole market dyed red but BCH increased sharply and the price of BTC fell sharply. Shark want everyone sell the BTC to buy BCH, then the shark will harvest the BCH and increase the BTC again.
Should I sell BTC now??
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:05:39 PM

I wonder when the whole market dyed red but BCH increased sharply and the price of BTC fell sharply. Shark want everyone sell the BTC to buy BCH, then the shark will harvest the BCH and increase the BTC again.
Should I sell BTC now??

I wouldn't. I don't want to try to figure out what Ver/Coinbase and his cronies are up to and have to worry about knowing when to bail back out of BCH and try to buy back into BTC at a decent price.
I guess it depends on your tolerance for potential loss either way.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:07:14 PM

just another pump and dump game, peeps try to make more money, thats all.
SauteedEntrails

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:07:42 PM

it was probly just the ppl freaking out about btc futures being halted due to SEC. now they are moving funds to bch
also agree with bustedclub
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:09:48 PM

Should I sell BTC now??

I really don't advised that you sell your Bitcoin now, Whales selling their BTC and Buying BCH is part of their tactics to get income, and they are the only person who can do that since they can control the market with their large bankroll of crypto. But do not worry because they will be selling their BCH again and going to buy BTC again to gain more profit and Bitcoin price will still rise in the future.
SauteedEntrails

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:18:31 PM

exactly
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:20:56 PM

Should I sell BTC now??
For me this looks normal only because the movement of digital currency is very difficult to predict. It could be some time before all things turn around. We do not know what happened, but it is certainly the demand factor that makes the greatest impact on the price movement of Bitcoin and BCH. If you believe in a coin then I think you should try to wait some time to do the best analysis.
EMINeMxShOw

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:22:20 PM

I don't suggest, just wait for lighting network release Smiley
It's good to invest on other good coins BUT BTC is The Whole Story;)

Regards,
scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:31:13 PM

it was probly just the ppl freaking out about btc futures being halted due to SEC. now they are moving funds to bch
also agree with bustedclub

I don't see any news about the BTC futures being halted.
AngelJoshua

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:32:42 PM

its just an strategy of many price manipulators i guess Smiley dont sell on your bitcoin because its dipping , its just normal here a pump and dump to earn more profit from it Smiley also i dont think its the right time to buy bitcoin cash its pumping if you buy some of it and suddenly go to dip again you will lost your money on it Smiley

At your service
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:39:34 PM

Should I sell BTC now??
Do not sell your BTC, hold your coins.

What we're seeing right now is the part 2 of the Pump and Dump tactic that we saw back in November (P&D, tx spam, social media FUD), only difference is that the attack today is on larger scale. This time a bigger Bcash supporter, Coinbase, has actually made its move and is causing some major movements in the market. Since b2x on Coinbase didn't go though, Brian Armstrong and his friends have decided to go all-in on bcash.

Expect a bcash pump in the next few hours, followed by a massive dump later today when GDAX begins bcash trading.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:44:04 PM

Hi,

What you are writing actually makes no sense. If you the current price is lower than the price at which you bought, then it would be stupid to sell. Such panic moves make incredible trends but they should not exist.

Yes, some people are selling. And indeed, after bitcoin prices have skyrocketed, they wish to keep on making profit, thourgh other crypto currencies. If you sell now, you do exactly as they want. And you are not the one becoming rich in the end!

Don't panic. And do as you feel! Wink

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:46:57 PM

Should I sell BTC now??
Well for me, it is not that surprising. Most of the coins from forks are getting in mainstream right after the release in the market. It happened to Bitcoin gold and cash which before be more indemand that caused the value of bitcoin to fall. I would suggest you on not to sell Bitcoin but rather wait since for the long run, Bitcoin is way better.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:33:39 PM

No, don't sell your BTC. Do try to sell your BCH if you can.

This is more about Coinbase announcing they'd start accepting BCH immediately. I believe the news before was that it would take them up to January to be ready for it. Which they then halted (was selling for as high as $9000).
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:48:27 PM

Should I sell BTC now??
I think that roger ver has got once again active after his one month sleep when bitcoin price quickly rose to $20,000.It seems part 2 of BCH attempt to replace bitcoin.BCH is now being backed by famous peronalities like roger ver,craig wright and jihan wu.All those personalities just point out the network congestion in bitcoin and high transaction fee it has now which makes it hard to use for sending money and they say that bitcoin is now not in the form which satoshi wished.they suggest that BCH would fulfill whatever satoshi expected.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 04:00:58 PM

Apart from the view that the whales are just maneuvering, one reason for bitcoin cash rising could be the people actually are starting to use it more often, due to its benefits over bitcoin.
People are to use alts for transactions, so why not a bitcoin fork, seems more appropriate to use it actually.
Fast transactions, low fees, and huge support and development back up too. 
runner-yc-0621

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:06:50 PM

It's good time to invest on other good coins.
ahmadhidayat27

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:27:12 PM

Do not sell your BTC now, save it! It's just a very reasonable year-end phenomenon. For now hold up until early next year. Bitcoin prices will return to normal after the new year. But if you want to sell it and buy BCH it's all up to you, I just give advice from experience I've ever experienced.
HagueCrypto

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:31:20 PM

Well it’s a good moment to invest in BTC I guess.
geo43

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:31:49 PM

Coinbase is looking into BCH insider trading. I would hold steady for now until this is hashed out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: