Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase - next coins to be added  (Read 256 times)
Crypto Bloke (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:08:56 PM

Any info/advice/ideas about which coins will be added to Coinbase next?  I ask as Bitcoin Cash has jumped by about 100% in price since it's listing today - I'd be tempted to invest in Ripple or whatever coin is next to be added.   Smiley

What is the best way to find out which coin will be listed next...?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:12:13 PM

I'm pretty sure Coinbase is going to add coins by marketcap. So Coinbase is most likely going to go with Ripple, Cardano, or Dash. Why not IOTA, you say? I think development-wise IOTA is the hardest to impement, as it doesn't use blockchain. Hope it gets added though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:14:56 PM

There is no way to know which coin will be added next on Coinbase, we don't have inside info and we only can preddict.
In my opinion, next coin added on Coinbase will be Ripple. This coin perfectly fits to so called Bitcoin-bank services like Coinbase.
Then - IOTA. I believe that Coinbase really can consider listing of this coin. Only question - when.
Another coin worth to mention - NEM. Maybe it's not such mainstream coin like others mentioned above. But's great coin for business, they have solid team behind project.
Cardano - I highly doubt about it, at least for near future. No, it's not bad project, but it's too soon to list it on Coinbase, Cardano have to establish on markets. Maybe in period of year or two we mat see them on Coinbase if everything will goes as planned.

Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

There is no way to know which coin will be added next on Coinbase, we don't have inside info and we only can preddict.
In my opinion, next coin added on Coinbase will be Ripple. This coin perfectly fits to so called Bitcoin-bank services like Coinbase.
Then - IOTA. I believe that Coinbase really can consider listing of this coin. Only question - when.
Another coin worth to mention - NEM. Maybe it's not such mainstream coin like others mentioned above. But's great coin for business, they have solid team behind project.
Cardano - I highly doubt about it, at least for near future. No, it's not bad project, but it's too soon to list it on Coinbase, Cardano have to establish on markets. Maybe in period of year or two we mat see them on Coinbase if everything will goes as planned.

Well I just read on BBC ..

Bitcoin Cash deals frozen as insider trading is probed
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42425857

I don't know ... but instead try to keep a "secretive" about it... wouldn't be better to have a clear inclusion policy such as ...

when a new coin reaches 50% market capitalization of the 'leader' coin it will be added automatically to the exchange ?

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin

Patent1number: ****-****
JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:33:36 PM

I would love to know what was coming next on Coinbase.. Pretty much a guarenteed giant pump for that coin. Unforunately, I don't think any of us normals will know until it happens. Best bet would be to stay vigilant for news on this and hope you can take advantage of it ASAP! I like the idea of Coinbase expanding in general though. It's the most user friendly site I've seen, and would help more people expand their portfolios in a varied way which is always a good idea. I'm sure they'll choose something with a huge market cap, as someone above me mentioned. That would give you an idea of what to potentially keep an eye on in the coming weeks/months.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:01:38 PM

They are probably going to add Cardano by the next time.

Forget about Ripple, they do not accept centralized coins, they wrote that on their ToS.

I'm pretty sure Coinbase is going to add coins by marketcap. So Coinbase is most likely going to go with Ripple, Cardano, or Dash.

Because IOTA is a real shit, it does not deserves to have iota on their platform.

Why not IOTA, you say? I think development-wise IOTA is the hardest to impement, as it doesn't use blockchain. Hope it gets added though.

And you are missing that, just like you said, IOTA is not using a blockchain, they are using another blockchain system but i do not remember the name of that chain at the moment, so no, they will never be added.
Dan D. Lion

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:11:14 PM

It will be interesting to see what Coinbase will do next and how circumspect they will be after this crazy BCH rollout.  They did make it very clear that they were going to add support for BCH back in August, but they did also say that the support would happen after the first of the year, so this early rollout took everyone by surprise.  I wonder if it is inevitable that, whichever coin or coins they support next, we'll have the same craziness and price swings.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:35:39 AM

And you are missing that, just like you said, IOTA is not using a blockchain, they are using another blockchain system but i do not remember the name of that chain at the moment, so no, they will never be added.

And not because IOTA is using tangle(and not blockchain tech), it doesn't mean that they won't be added. Coinbase never said they were only adding blockchain coins. Bitfinex and Binance has IOTA, and it definitely showed that there is also a huge demand for it, so there's no reason for Coinbase not to add IOTA; it's just a matter of when.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████