Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on our new Superstore - CoinsForTech.com  (Read 1083 times)
CoinsForTech (OP)

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 03:52:13 AM

Hi guys,

We recently launched our store and are looking for some feedback. I have posted a great deal of information in our service announcement thread, though of course I am more than happy to answer any queries here as well.

We have been running for just over 3 weeks now and have done about $2,500 worth of sales. While we are happy with this figure as an unknown store, it is well below what we are capable of. I am posting here to figure out ways in which we can move forward and increase revenue.

Something we are very excited to offer over our competitors is fast international shipping. Our shipping options are exceptional and are a cornerstone to our business model. Bitcoin was built to be used by people of all countries & cities. CoinsForTech.com was built to serve these people. You can see our shipping rates in USD here.

We are hopeful that our service will allow consumers from across the globe to access technology at prices not found in their own countries. Our shipping partners are FedEx and DHL. Please note that if your customs are tough EMS may be used (Spain and parts of Eastern Europe among others we have needed to use EMS). If FedEx or DHL is used, once your package is shipped it will generally take 2-3 days to reach most countries.

If you have any comments, feedback, criticisms or recommendations we would love to hear it! What do you think of our products and prices? Are you interested in making a purchase? If not, what is stopping you? What can we do to make you feel more comfortable?

Below are some of our pages which may interest you.

SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD  |   ABOUT US   |   SHIPPING & TAXES   |   FACEBOOK   |   TWITTER   |   GOOGLE+   |

Thanks,
Lee

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patricktim

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:53:12 PM

CoinsForTech.com loading slow .

CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 11:08:31 PM

CoinsForTech.com loading slow .

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately it's our theme that causes the page to run slow. Once we have increased our revenue we will be discussing ways to revamp and speed up the website.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:18:27 AM

Where to begin.....

I know, fire your web developer immediately!

This is how your header renders on my dev laptop in firefox, it also has the same issues in chrome as well.

Notice how the customer support section is pushed down?
Also please use standard fonts, hint, "Oswald" is not one of them.

Your page size is unbelievably huge:
For comparison, the home page of Amazon.com is 62KB yours is 1664KB!

For some reason you dev is using pinterest as an image host, don't do this. either buy an image hosting package such as aws or another cdn or run them off of your own servers.

Last but not least is:
Probably for shady seo purposes, your dev has decided that it is a good idea to list every product with full description and images in your catalog on your home page and then set them to not be visible via css or jquery (I didn't bother to look how). The real reason why your site is slow is because of this very reason, looks like hundreds of items with images, jquery, sharethis widgets and everything else... on the home page /palmface!

Here is your home page as it is rendering, I stopped it mid stream so that you can see what is going on and the reason why your page is 1) slow, 2) unnecessarily large.

Let me know if you have any questions.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
CoinsForTech (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:12:52 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 01:41:17 PM by CoinsForTech

Where to begin.....

I know, fire your web developer immediately!

This is how your header renders on my dev laptop in firefox, it also has the same issues in chrome as well.

Notice how the customer support section is pushed down?
Also please use standard fonts, hint, "Oswald" is not one of them.

[IMG width=640]https://i.imgur.com/sfHbxOQ.jpg[/img

Your page size is unbelievably huge:
For comparison, the home page of Amazon.com is 62KB yours is 1664KB!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ofKhn4z.jpg[/img
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/SuJEFWY.jpg[/img

For some reason you dev is using pinterest as an image host, don't do this. either buy an image hosting package such as aws or another cdn or run them off of your own servers.

Last but not least is:
Probably for shady seo purposes, your dev has decided that it is a good idea to list every product with full description and images in your catalog on your home page and then set them to not be visible via css or jquery (I didn't bother to look how). The real reason why your site is slow is because of this very reason, looks like hundreds of items with images, jquery, sharethis widgets and everything else... on the home page /palmface!

Here is your home page as it is rendering, I stopped it mid stream so that you can see what is going on and the reason why your page is 1) slow, 2) unnecessarily large.

[IMG width=640]https://i.imgur.com/Zq3xACX.jpg[/img

Let me know if you have any questions.

You are the man! Thank you for the time you have put in.

I was aware the page loaded slowly, but not that it is not displaying right. Is your browser at 100% zoom? Either way it looks like we've got some work to do for a faster website.. Only 1/2 of our stock is listed adding more will only make it worse. I will forward your recommendations on. Thanks again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: