Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to read and understand ICO smart contracts being a non-techie investor?  (Read 78 times)
bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:09:28 PM

ICOs are supposed to use smart contracts which basically locks the token terms and conditions in it as its immutable.

Given that I don't know how to read codes, how do I know that the smart contract shown on github has what the ICO states in the whitepaper?

bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

Bump ! Anyone?

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:31:22 PM

ICOs are supposed to use smart contracts which basically locks the token terms and conditions in it as its immutable.

Given that I don't know how to read codes, how do I know that the smart contract shown on github has what the ICO states in the whitepaper?

You can either find some trusted third party reviewer that checks the smart contracts' source codes as a part of his reviewing routine or you have to learn to read Solidity yourself. By the way, that second option is not that hard as it might seem at first glance. I don't have much programming experience either, but after learning some basics I find Solidity source codes very easy to follow. And learning something new is almost never a bad thing. Just look at it as another form of investment, which might reap some benefits in the future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: