Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea to fight scam icos  (Read 193 times)
nrm4bits (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:47:23 PM

As everyone knows icos are increasing everyday and it's hard to say when one of them will become a scam. So would it be a good idea or would it be somehow helpful if when you are confident about an ico being a scam to promote a post deletion of every person who was part of that ico?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:50:41 PM

Do you mean everyone who worked in it or everyone who took part in it (like bounty)?
If you talk about members of a project, then it seems fair, but how is it possible to find everyone?
legoplayer245

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:51:19 PM

As everyone knows icos are increasing everyday and it's hard to say when one of them will become a scam. So would it be a good idea or would it be somehow helpful if when you are confident about an ico being a scam to promote a post deletion of every person who was part of that ico?

We should have better reviews before letting them post in the tokens forum, if there is no filter I think we can't do much about.
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:03:34 PM

Do you mean everyone who worked in it or everyone who took part in it (like bounty)?

Yes i ment those who are taking part of the bounty campaign and all those who ever posted in the ANN thread. Promoting a post deletion or just edit the posts made to SCAM!!! would it be any helpful?
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:43:42 PM

Requesting for deletion can cause a workload to our moderators and admins. Yes, many ICO's are SCAM but I'm not generalizing, for me in order to decrease the SCAM potential of an ICO this forum must implement a fee before the developer can INTRODUCE their ICO thread in the forum, that can reduce the percentage of a SCAM coin and we can easily know that they are serious of their TOKEN.
nrm4bits (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:19:00 PM

Requesting for deletion can cause a workload to our moderators and admins. Yes, many ICO's are SCAM but I'm not generalizing, for me in order to decrease the SCAM potential of an ICO this forum must implement a fee before the developer can INTRODUCE their ICO thread in the forum, that can reduce the percentage of a SCAM coin and we can easily know that they are serious of their TOKEN.

Implementing a fee will yield more elaborated SCAM ICOs, so now because the fee more users will trust in the scammer and will come more profits to him. I think it won't reduce the problem.

nastaverba

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:04:08 AM

Yes i ment those who are taking part of the bounty campaign and all those who ever posted in the ANN thread. Promoting a post deletion or just edit the posts made to SCAM!!! would it be any helpful?

I think just deleting the ANN and the Bounty treads of scam ICOs will be enough. Otherwise, too much work for moderators
shacc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:49:20 AM

it is an obligation for existing a Platform that fight with ICO scam by adding new security tools
Rubberduck59

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

NEM <3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:18:18 PM

So deleting the Bitcointalk account of the person who launched the fake ICO thread?
I see why it could be a good idea, but there are severall downsides to it.

1. The account might be hacked and the original owner might be trying to recover it. Sucks to get your hacked account back only to find it banned.
2. The person creating the Ann thread might just be a person trying to earn some of that ICO coins by doing tasks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: