Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JawsofLife  (Read 122 times)
Nibblyp (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:55:51 PM

What happened::

Loaned JawsOfLife $20 in bitcoin for a "birthday loan", after sending it, he locked the thread, told others he had paid when he hadnt, and said again he'd paid it in a second loan thread.

Scammers Profile Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1082014

Reference Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2576030.0  (original loan thread)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2600904.0 (second thread, seperate loan where its shown he said he'd paid when he hadnt.)

Amount Scammed:

0.0018 ( $20 + $10 interest)

Payment Method:

BTC

Proof of Payment:

https://blockchain.info/address/1DJMuKMp4sTjpWiSSMpb92XzqUTfG835ac (do i need more here?)

PM/Chat Logs:

Thanks so much for the help. It does mean a lot. And of course I'll honor the repayment.

This is my address : 1DJMuKMp4sTjpWiSSMpb92XzqUTfG835ac

Leave your return address

Hey, I'm having some issues. I am trying to withdraw my coins off my gaming site to return the payment but there is a minimum withdraw limit and I'm short 11$ lol Withdraw takes only 2-3hrs. Would you send me the 11 so we can get squared away. I'll send you back 40$ for the inconvenience.

Okay, I'm requesting another loan I guess to pay off this one lol

Additional Notes:

His account has since been transferred to another person, the person holding the account now is not responsible for repayment.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:11:55 PM

I can confirm that this user is a scammer, he also scammed me for $11.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:46:04 AM

Come on guys... Not that hard to spot this one. He literally was acting all defensive about it and he flat out lied about him sending repayment to OP, yet apparently this wasn't enough evidence for Parodium to stay away from that scammer?

I understand that y'all think that $11 isn't that much to lose, but please, please, please. Take this as a lesson.

If they think that it's so easy to scam then they'll be back next time to scam some more people, just with a different account. It's not always whether you can take the risk or not. If it is an obvious scammer would you donate money to him?
Nibblyp (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:08:28 AM

I've stated my reasons as to why i "dontated", and again, I agree it was a bad idea.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:56:13 AM

Come on guys... Not that hard to spot this one. He literally was acting all defensive about it and he flat out lied about him sending repayment to OP, yet apparently this wasn't enough evidence for Parodium to stay away from that scammer?

I understand that y'all think that $11 isn't that much to lose, but please, please, please. Take this as a lesson.

If they think that it's so easy to scam then they'll be back next time to scam some more people, just with a different account. It's not always whether you can take the risk or not. If it is an obvious scammer would you donate money to him?

Honestly, I know I was told to read the thread, and I skimmed over it. I must have missed the fact that he had an outstanding loan.

Oh well, it's only $11, he must have been in a desperate situation to scam for so little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: