Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:23:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The poor workers (miners)  (Read 253 times)
RentGPU (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:03:43 PM

For a long time i was trying to figure out that big crypto game and the best position i can place myself in i found that there is three positions in this game:
1-miners (the poor workers making little bucks a day paying electricity and selling after a short time)
2-traders (the middle class money makers buying low from miners and selling high to hodlers to make a good profit)
3-hodlers (lambo dreamers and their dream always come true)
As time passes number of mined coins decrease and number of hodlers increase , they will not sell until they get thier lambo
Traders always release FUD news for miners to sell fast and low , they also release FAKE news for hodlers to buy fast and high make a little profit then disappear.
When number of hodlers increases and number of upset miners increases and mining become not profitable miners start to hodl at this point the prices surges and everything is flying to the moon , miners sell at the early flying stages leaving the hodlers with skyrocketing prices and brand new lambos then everything starts again with most hodlers cashing out and prices crash

The best way to take two positions at same time:
Miner+hodler
Trader+hodler
Miner +trader
If you stick with one position you will always lose

Maybe i am just wrong or i forgot to take my medication tonight.
Thanks for hodling until the end.

2016 GPU Miner
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:08:00 PM

In the words of a famous country song,

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Now Ev'ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin'
Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
'Cause ev'ry hand's a winner and ev'ry hand's a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."
chrismaher

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:41:53 PM

For a long time i was trying to figure out that big crypto game and the best position i can place myself in i found that there is three positions in this game:
1-miners (the poor workers making little bucks a day paying electricity and selling after a short time)
2-traders (the middle class money makers buying low from miners and selling high to hodlers to make a good profit)
As time passes number of mined coins decrease and number of hodlers increase , they will not sell until they get thier lambo
Traders always release FUD news for miners to sell fast and low , they also release FAKE news for hodlers to buy fast and high make a little profit then disappear.
When number of hodlers increases and number of upset miners increases and mining become not profitable miners start to hodl at this point the prices surges and everything is flying to the moon , miners sell at the early flying stages leaving the hodlers with skyrocketing prices and brand new lambos then everything starts again with most hodlers cashing out and prices crash

Miner+hodler
Trader+hodler
Miner +trader

This as to be one of the best things iv read since learning this stuff
I would put my self with your number 3 thats exactly what I was thinking looks like you
Bin at this a bit so your words are wisdom
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:46:12 PM

WTF is a hodler

Do you mean Holder?
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

Miner+hodler
Trader+hodler
Miner +trader

Well yes, that is true with any commodity. It is technically worthless until you convert it into something liquid enough to be exchanged for basic goods and services (food, water, shelter, etc). What you're missing here is the long term goal of crypto becoming ubiquitous enough to spend directly instead of having to convert back to fiat.

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:54:27 PM

WTF is a hodler

Do you mean Holder?

Stupid bitcoin thing.  Some noob said HODL instead of HOLD and everyone uses it like repetitive bots.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
vygge

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:02:47 PM

WTF is a hodler

Do you mean Holder?

Stupid bitcoin thing.  Some noob said HODL instead of HOLD and everyone uses it like repetitive bots.

It's kind of funny though. I know I have felt the frustrations of the original guy that did the mistype gave birth to whole HODL thing.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:11:43 PM

wow. i literally smacked my fucking head on that one.

a retarded phrase i'll never be using.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:42:04 PM

come on man be l33t and Pown that saying!   Tongue

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:45:52 PM

WTF is a hodler

Do you mean Holder?

Actually, the phrase originated from the "HODL" coin community and they've been trying to infect the rest of us since then.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:20:45 AM

wow. i literally smacked my fucking head on that one.

a retarded phrase i'll never be using.
HODL= Hold On for Dear Life , and sorry for your head

2016 GPU Miner
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:21:57 AM

Miner+hodler
Trader+hodler
Miner +trader

Agreed, although I wouldn't say this is uncommon knowledge. Every successful miner has done some trading/holding at some point.

Understanding the speculative aspect of being a miner is key to bringing your actual ROI time below your initial projection.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
slanislaw

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:41:23 AM

We need to unionize!!
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:55:20 AM

We need to unionize!!
We can do a decentralized system to share profits between the three parties so no one miss any train Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:40:33 PM

Miner+hodler
Trader+hodler
Miner +trader

Very well phrased, I'm a small miner + Hodler +part time trader + I used to do support for community OS (not having much time due to family hard times).

I mine coins when the difficulty drops, hold the for HODL and do trade them when I have time.

But its not that easy to categorise our valuable time and split across between all the three parts. But if you manage to find good time it always a win-win-win situation Cheesy

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: