Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:18:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XPM] paused and shut down  (Read 14053 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
apbyte

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:49:13 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 01:03:28 PM by apbyte

apbyte,

Awesome review, and yes, it is only an opinion.

The one thing is, as mentioned in OP, primecoin isn't a get rich currency. In fact, we are only missing few more world records until this begins to really go places. None of us can predict ROI or what you will earn with XPM mining overall. Currently, you have to be very lucky with SOLO mining to even mine a block a week. Also, it is hard for you to judge for the future of YPool, as our services is in conjunction with them. The pool is growing daily, and we are reaching huge blocks left and right. The stats page explains it. I started when the pool had only 10 workers, and now we are alive and kicking with what looks to be over a million PPS working for it. If you aren't part of it now, you will be in the future, but this will only help you earn more shares, as the network grows, and more PPS is working in its favor.

We don't know what ROI will bring, however, you can't really mine Bitcoin in 2011, and expect to see $266 in just under 2 years... no one saw that coming, even the experts.

Thanks for your words of wisdom, and I would like to agree in some level, however, all this is theory, and mining is another open door to what possibly can lead to a future..

You and I can't say what this will be, how much money you will make off each coin, or what shares you will start receiving and how fast...

End game: Go where the money is at... For a coin that is a little over 2 weeks old, and reaching a 0.018 [BTC/XPM] rate, I would like to take my chances, we got more to see from primecoin, far beyond what litecoin has been only trying to do for months, except primecoin broke that in about 2 weeks... Don't forget, litecoin wasn't too far from 0.01 BTC/LTC not too long ago, and at least primecoin has been consistent overall. Don't mind the ups and downs, every coin gets it, but the end game is... if you are holding AT THE RIGHT TIME, get ready to make some money.

Okay, so who is ready to start Moving Mountains? NEW RELEASE @ http://www.HostForBit.com

Thank you! I like when people reply in this constructive, discussion type manner, and I completely see your point and agree on your opinion too. My review concentrates only on what is going on right now, and main probability of getting something right now. Whole digital coins world is a gamble on the fact that these things will change the world. Although I think we all can agree that they already have done first wawe of change Smiley

To clarify for everyone - gambling is not bad thing. Everybody gambles on their ideas and hopes for future. I don't mean that gamble when you take out your kids college fund and go to Vegas to loose money (probability error there is very small - house always wins)

At this moment I am not mining XPM, but I am trading. By trading I mean - I am buying on exchanges and sending to my primecoin wallet Cheesy Yes I too think that Primecoin has huge potential and I am willing to take that risk. But to be responsible - think for yourself if you are ready to do gambling or not. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs gambled and they succeeded and changed the world, many other didn't. Be responsible, I mean don't take out your college fund Smiley

So to end my series of latest reviews - Chill and enjoy the ride! We are changing future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:14:46 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 12:15:58 PM by maco

Hey apbyte,

Thanks for the feedback. I love the creator who came up with the idea of a public forum,
and I don't think your post would have been possible without me, and Host For Bit as a team.

I can confidentiality say, I wouldn't have posted a constructive discussion if it wasn't for you.  Glad we got a chance to discuss this topic more in-depth.  I do believe we covered some good points, and +1's go to XPM for the future.  I can tell you what, we are actively engaging our business to continue serving the community with more value.

I think we got a lot more to bring very soon, and it all starts with YOU, the customer, the person who gives us feedback, and we are listening and reading.  

I have met a lot of people in a short period of time, and I think more than what makes this all worth it, is the PEOPLE around PRIMECOIN, BITCOINS, and ALT COINS. If it wasn't for the community, then this would not be possible. So, this is why you see us actively engaging with increase in value in our services. We will continue to give back more, and more... And those who take on our services, with or without gambling mentality, will be connected a bit closer to us, for now, and for the future.

As always, you can message me or email me anytime. I am here for you, and everyone in the community.

Keep those XPM's rolling in!

apbyte,

Awesome review, and yes, it is only an opinion.

The one thing is, as mentioned in OP, primecoin isn't a get rich currency. In fact, we are only missing few more world records until this begins to really go places. None of us can predict ROI or what you will earn with XPM mining overall. Currently, you have to be very lucky with SOLO mining to even mine a block a week. Also, it is hard for you to judge for the future of YPool, as our services is in conjunction with them. The pool is growing daily, and we are reaching huge blocks left and right. The stats page explains it. I started when the pool had only 10 workers, and now we are alive and kicking with what looks to be over a million PPS working for it. If you aren't part of it now, you will be in the future, but this will only help you earn more shares, as the network grows, and more PPS is working in its favor.

We don't know what ROI will bring, however, you can't really mine Bitcoin in 2011, and expect to see $266 in just under 2 years... no one saw that coming, even the experts.

Thanks for your words of wisdom, and I would like to agree in some level, however, all this is theory, and mining is another open door to what possibly can lead to a future..

You and I can't say what this will be, how much money you will make off each coin, or what shares you will start receiving and how fast...

End game: Go where the money is at... For a coin that is a little over 2 weeks old, and reaching a 0.018 [BTC/XPM] rate, I would like to take my chances, we got more to see from primecoin, far beyond what litecoin has been only trying to do for months, except primecoin broke that in about 2 weeks... Don't forget, litecoin wasn't too far from 0.01 BTC/LTC not too long ago, and at least primecoin has been consistent overall. Don't mind the ups and downs, every coin gets it, but the end game is... if you are holding AT THE RIGHT TIME, get ready to make some money.

Okay, so who is ready to start Moving Mountains? NEW RELEASE @ http://www.HostForBit.com

Thank you! I like when people reply in this constructive, discussion type manner, and I completely see your point and agree on your opinion too. My review concentrates only on what is going on right now, and main probability of getting something right now. Whole digital coins world is a gamble on the fact that these things will change the world. Although I think we all can agree that they already have done first wawe of change Smiley

To clarify for everyone - gambling is not bad thing. Everybody gambles on their ideas and hopes for future. I don't mean that gamble when you take out your kids college fund and go to Vegas to loose money (probability error there is very small - house always wins)

At this moment I am not mining XPM, but I am trading. By trading I mean - I am buying on exchanges and sending to my primecoin wallet Cheesy Yes I too think that Primecoin has huge potential and I am willing to take that risk. But to be responsible - think for yourself if you are ready to do gambling or not. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs gambled and they succeeded and changed the world, many other didn't. Be responsible, I mean don't take out your college fund Smiley

So to end my series of latest reviews - Chill and enjoy the ride! We are changing future
tomhammers

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:21:52 PM

I think we got a lot more to bring very soon, and it all starts with YOU, the customer, the person who gives us feedback, and we are listening and reading.  

and deleting any posts that speak the truth about your scam Cheesy (including this probably Cheesy)
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:27:52 PM

and deleting any posts that speak the truth about your scam Cheesy (including this probably Cheesy)

Nope, I had this same discussion with n4ru in private messages.

Bitcointalk has been lagging for the past few days, and I had seen double and triple posts of virtually everything in the thread.
So I backtracked to the six duplicates, and I am not sure what it was, but all 3 posts got deleted instead of the dupes.

And, you can't say its a scam when you have nothing to say to back it up. Go ahead, elaborate on the scam.
I won't delete it. Let's make a deal, present me with 1 fact that it leads to a scam, and I would be happy to leave it here.
I am sure you wouldn't mind getting your name out there with only 11 posts on a popular thread.

I'll let karma take over from here. Let's see your integrity.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:55:45 PM

How about we discuss profitably and scalability first?

I'm about to set a bounty for a decent metric of PPS to XPM,  can't argue about that now.

Scalability,,,  why is the 6000pps for 0.04btc cheaper than the larger ones?
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

How about we discuss profitably and scalability first?

I'm about to set a bounty for a decent metric of PPS to XPM,  can't argue about that now.

Scalability,,,  why is the 6000pps for 0.04btc cheaper than the larger ones?

One person cannot own more than 1 account with us. Instead of offering 1K or 2K pps for 0.01/btc or 0.02/btc, we decided to double the value, for the lower price to start.  

Why it is cheaper than the larger ones? In what sense? People cannot duplicate or order a package more than once, and the larger ones achieve more at a faster rate.
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:41:19 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 12:17:06 PM by maco

I'm not the one that has to answer questions, in fact you completely ignored a genuine question I asked and deleted the post instead (and cut the BS about the deleting posts excuse).

Why are you not using the PPS to mine XPM yourself? (I'm sure you have a good answer lined up that doesn't quite answer the question so I give the correct answer below)

It's blatantly obvious (and you know it as well) that you are making more BTC doing it this way yet you're presenting a service that gives the impression that it is of value to the community. Scam? Maybe the right word, maybe not. In fact I think its up to you to provide the stats on how this is a good service to the community not for the 11 post noob to prove it otherwise.

Another thing I don't give a flying [censored curse word and deleted this post because of this] about my integrity (which is quite ironic by the way), getting my name out there etc - I'm a piece of (honest) scummy shit with only 11 posts who doesn't give a [censored curse word and deleted this post because of this].

I actually liked your post, until that last line. I will not tolerate cursing and unprofessionalism in this thread.  You have a simple choice, take it or leave it.  I am not forcing you to buy our service, nor am I claiming you going to be a millionaire ... I think we have been the happy medium of a lot of things in the right direction, and trust me, I've seen a lot of failures come and go around here.  History speaks for itself, and I have plans that don't repeat itself. How do I have screenshots of our PPS rates, if I am not mining myself? Our network has reached a threshold of 500,000 PPS going to the network... but I don't need to brag or mention that to make a few sales.

The thing that bothers me the most is, you don't care about your integrity... if you don't, then you can't hold yourself to the truthful standard, then who is to say they should even listen to you.

I have a good feeling you are someone with multiple accounts on bitcointalk, and only time will tell, but hey, It sounds like you got a lot of time on your hands, maybe you should grab a book and educate yourself on how to communicate with a manner where people will give you the time of day.

I am done with you. Your next post will be deleted for spamming, and I don't care what it says.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:43:23 PM

paid for one day, we'll see how this goes, awaiting activation Smiley
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

Hey there, welcome aboard

You caught me at the right time, and I had a chance to get your account up already. Notice any changes and new stats coming in?
It will continue to populate a little more further. PM me or reply here for any questions or posting of progress/results.

Thanks
Maco
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:52:26 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 03:05:20 PM by jdebunt

Hey there, welcome aboard

You caught me at the right time, and I had a chance to get your account up already. Notice any changes and new stats coming in?
It will continue to populate a little more further. PM me or reply here for any questions or posting of progress/results.

Thanks
Maco

Now that is what i call service! i'll keep an eye on it, got another worker running on another comp too, so i'll keep an eye on stats for the next few hours Smiley

Edit : so far, no shares in the past 2 blocks, but i'll recheck in a while Smiley
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:00:53 PM

To answer your question :
If you can spare a minute or two on those two sites, and what you think of our new increase of pps vs pricing vs other alternative services?

Amazon EC2 is the low end metric of profitability because it can scale to 2000+ instances with a few clicks (once your request for more than 100 is approved).

A C1 instance that produce ~3500 PPS* cost 0.07c an hours or 1.68$ a day.

2.38 C1 for 0.04 BTC = 8700 PPS for one day.

*(far from accurate, I might bother to run one with latest optimizations and report back)
tomhammers

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:29:26 PM

I'm not the one that has to answer questions, in fact you completely ignored a genuine question I asked and deleted the post instead (and cut the BS about the deleting posts excuse).

Why are you not using the PPS to mine XPM yourself? (I'm sure you have a good answer lined up that doesn't quite answer the question so I give the correct answer below)

It's blatantly obvious (and you know it as well) that you are making more BTC doing it this way yet you're presenting a service that gives the impression that it is of value to the community. Scam? Maybe the right word, maybe not. In fact I think its up to you to provide the stats on how this is a good service to the community not for the 11 post noob to prove it otherwise.

Another thing I don't give a flying fuck about my integrity (which is quite ironic by the way), getting my name out there etc - I'm a piece of (honest) scummy shit with only 11 posts who doesn't give a fuck.

I actually liked your post, until that last line. I will not tolerate cursing and unprofessionalism in this thread.  You have a simple choice, take it or leave it.  I am not forcing you to buy our service, nor am I claiming you going to be a millionaire ... I think we have been the happy medium of a lot of things in the right direction, and trust me, I've seen a lot of failures come and go around here.  History speaks for itself, and I have plans that don't repeat itself. How do I have screenshots of our PPS rates, if I am not mining myself? Our network has reached a threshold of 500,000 PPS going to the network... but I don't need to brag or mention that to make a few sales.

The thing that bothers me the most is, you don't care about your integrity... if you don't, then you can't hold yourself to the truthful standard, then who is to say they should even listen to you.

I have a good feeling you are someone with multiple accounts on bitcointalk, and only time will tell, but hey, It sounds like you got a lot of time on your hands, maybe you should grab a book and educate yourself on how to communicate with a manner where people will give you the time of day.

I am done with you. Your next post will be deleted for spamming, and I don't care what it says.

Sorry for the cursing to myself, good luck.
kierancassel

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:58:02 PM

Using ypool makes no sense, the profitability is much lower than solo mining. Your service should be mining time for solo instead. If it is too unpredictable you could average out the earnings and give a fixed (+10/-10%) return from the service.
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 05:02:57 PM

just confirming : shares are adding up nicely since using your service, good job Smiley
Foamy

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

Using ypool makes no sense, the profitability is much lower than solo mining. Your service should be mining time for solo instead. If it is too unpredictable you could average out the earnings and give a fixed (+10/-10%) return from the service.

I have been soloing for 3 days with 100k pps and haven't got squat. That might not be the best idea. lol
atomiccloud

Activity: 104

COMM:CUA9LQiSKXG8Ed79qNz6bZv4NbSCS6RUb7

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:28:21 PM

I have been soloing for 3 days with 100k pps and haven't got squat. That might not be the best idea. lol

Ouch! I'm solo mining with 3200 pps and I've gotten a block a day or so!

BTC Address: 15xKtJFLGWEnCE76ti6KFXVoT1v4FBxjCq  |  LTC Address: LQMarmNkdo5r7BpxbfEUbCxgopxYVJ7qB6  
COMM:CUA9LQiSKXG8Ed79qNz6bZv4NbSCS6RUb7
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:12:39 AM

Thanks for your replies. We are working on some new updates, and turbo usage is still in beta.

Turbo will kick it all up a notch to more PPS without paying extra for it.

We will see how this goes.
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:09:25 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 11:20:48 PM by maco

An update ~ Before getting started, I want to THANK those who have been supporting us thus far, financially and verbally. We haven't billed anyone more than once at this time, and we are holding off on that until further notice, even though our packages are daily usage. We are still sending PPS for our paid users from two and three days back, as long as they made only 1 payment to 1 of our packages. It's been about 3 days, and first day users are still getting PPS for their accounts.  They are getting 3x of what they paid for, without paying additional days of usage. I think we are different, MUCH different than any VPS provider in this part. How? more on this in the RED font.

We are working on profitability, optimizations, and tweaks (constantly)
This has been on our minds way before our release, and we aren't stopping until we @ Host For Bit, gets it right.  I agree with some people in terms of profitability vs XPM earned, and we are working to fix out those kinks to bring us back in the right ball park... PRIMECOIN is changing daily, but we can manage to keep up, no worries.

Thank you to those who gave us a chance!!!
I am talking about the users who tried us out! I won't forget the people in the community who helped us get started.
If anything, we will continue to give back to them, once we get back on the right road... we couldn't make this possible without you.

For a coin that is just over 2 weeks old, we have seen a lot of history being made in such a short period of time... don't forget, we did reach 0.018 highest
peak price for 1 XPM coin. That isn't bad for just 2 weeks old. This is a great sign for long term ROI WITH xpm.. if this works as we expect it to.

THIS IS A SECTION OF MY POST YOU MUST READ!!

In terms of people comparing us with AMAZON VS. Digital Ocean VS. OTHER HOURLY/DAILY HOSTING PLANS
If you can show me your last 24 hours bill on any of these sites with proof of PPS per HOUR (for 24 hours run) and compare it with one of our packages, and show me the cost is less, I will match the price of that provider, and add 2,000 PPS extra on top of it. And no, free trials or $100 coupons don't count as a 'real test'.. if you have been billed for 24 hours usage (hourly/daily plans), and prove the PPS you are getting (fully documented) and can show the cost for it beats ours, I will price match it -- and -- add 2,000 PPS on top of it.  This means no monthly providers count... for long commitments. I would also like to see their stats, if running linux send me their CPU CAT info and documented PPS, and lets compare it to our plan @ http://www.hostforbit.com

I don't want to mention any names, but there have been other companies who sell you the hype, and never deliver a single thing. I don't sell hype, I provide services that people can start on today, and not have to wait MONTHS to get started or a whole year to maybe break even. I am trying to work with every venture to help keep this working for people... bear with me, and thanks for your support ahead of time.

So you can order at http://hostforbit.com now without a daily charge. We will keep the account live for about 72+ hours.. if you got docs and want us to price match, pm me and I will review it.. I would love to give out more pps if you switch over.
poordeveloper

Activity: 896
Merit: 527

₿₿₿₿₿₿₿

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:08:29 AM

After seeing the results were rather low, maco offered to improve the results.

So far, I've earned 0.138482 XPM more (extra) from this new test.

He got in touch with me through PM and asked me specifics about the problem. It is obvious maco has significantly improved the results I've gotten - the shares/hour count has increased significantly.

Also, there was no downtime on either of the tests. Constantly getting shares. A professional service run by a professional.

In the end, I would say it's a well-run service which delivers. And I'm yet to see the end result  Smiley

🎰 Bitcoin Casinos ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🔵 Buy Bitcoin (Visa / Mastercard / SEPA / Bank Transfer / Western Union / MoneyGram / RIA)
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 08:36:08 AM

Another quick update on the service :

Shares have increased after a restart of the miner (thanks Maco!)

This service has been pretty awesome so far (only took the smallest package), but i'm a very happy customer.

I recommend this service to anyone who wants to get into XPM .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: