Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XPM] paused and shut down  (Read 14046 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:05:01 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 09:21:38 AM by maco

After seeing the results were rather low, maco offered to improve the results.

So far, I've earned 0.138482 XPM more (extra) from this new test.

He got in touch with me through PM and asked me specifics about the problem. It is obvious maco has significantly improved the results I've gotten - the shares/hour count has increased significantly.

Also, there was no downtime on either of the tests. Constantly getting shares. A professional service run by a professional.

In the end, I would say it's a well-run service which delivers. And I'm yet to see the end result  Smiley

Hey poordeveloper,

Thanks... I would like to take the credit in most things, but remember, this wouldn't work unless it was with the community.
Everyday, we are investing in MORE, and MORE Servers. What does this mean for our network? more PPS without paying more.

We are a community network... which means, you aren't buying a VPS or HOSTING

You are contributing to the community network to expand our resources, hardware, and services of gaining you more PPS, which helps you, and everyone around us earn more XPM. No one would see that unless it was pointed out, and I am pointing it out now.

If you look at Every Host provider in the world, I would like to say, we are the first to be working as a NETWORK OF HOSTING to only increase overall network speed. If our network speed goes up, your speeds go up. This is (sort of like we are a POOL-CLOUD host, while dispensing PPS to ypool.net to each individual accounts.). We are not affiliated with ypool.net as of yet, so I am pointing that out too.  I am coming up with some more plans, and I am just hoping to get it to make financial sense all together.

Conclusion: We are taking on a larger risk as a network to invest more into these heavy servers. I think it is a calculated risk, and we can all see the end result sooner than later. I can't say we at Host For Bit aren't turning a profit. For every +1 from you, is calculating to +1 on our end. so 50% from customers, and 50% from us goes back to you (the community).

Go changes and plans ahead, stay tuned!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pentel

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:57:32 PM

How do I pay only for a day? 

cross/\'kros/ n: a thing they nail people to. Vircurex - Exchnage
PGP Key
BM-NC5DsQck3UyTHFv3fKCMBprw7BNVHUwH
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 01:15:52 PM

Set up a coinbase account.

Once you're in the coinbase account, perform the following steps :

Click on "merchant tools" on the left
click on "Tools"
select payment type : donations , select any button, give it a name (i called it VPS) & then click on "generate button code"

you'll get a html code, just open up notepad, copy & paste the html code in it, save the notepad file as vps.htm on your desktop

Doubleclick the vps.htm on your desktop, click on "donate bitcoins", you'll get a new form

Select "send using a bitcoin address", send the coins to the generated address, et voila, within the hour the funds is available in coinbase to spend on the VPS Smiley

If it helped, donations are welcome in XPM (AQX6i7jWKZk3WchULwFybcFfGYTHtYRn2u) or BTC (1AYyCPUQRVH6HLG8p6hvuxvCqjuM57JMh5)

EDit : Maco, feel free to add this small guide to your original post if it helps people to understand the coinbase system Smiley
jpmi1

Activity: 214

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:29:24 PM

I would like to give you guys an update on how my experience has been so far with Host for Bit.

Thursday night I purchased  10k pps I believe for 0.20 btc. My shares are still coming in thanks to the awesomeness of Host for Bits! I have received +10 hours so far of extra time. During the 34 hours my miners has been running I have racked in about 4.5 XPM. at current exchange rate 0.04 btc.  I currently average about 1/ 400th of the shares of ypool with a payout of 0.025 on average per block. My investment currently has not paid of but I am pleased with helping Host for Bit, Prime coin, Bitcoin, and the workers on ypool. It could possibly pay itself off of we give it another 72 hours. I am please with this service and content with my investment. If anyone has any questions about my experience with either Host for Bits or Ypool, I would be happy to answer your questions.

Note: I wrote this on a Droid.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:02:49 PM

Hi, do you still need some assistance getting started?

You can send me a private message with your worker info, and which package you would like
to order from http://www.hostforbit.com and I will get it started once funding has cleared.

You can use your coinbase account or simply use a address to send it to my address, either works fine.

Let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks
Maco
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:18:17 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 02:32:18 AM by maco

Users of our Network that hit blocks for the pool

• jpmi1
  • Bitflux - 2 or more times
  • Easyice
  • Ray - 4 or more times
  • SALHERO
  • jammertr - 2 or more times

I know there is more out there, but so far these have been claimed just about.
If I missed your username, please let me know and I will add it to this list.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 12:22:47 AM

Macro, is it possible for us to solo mine on your service?

I don't believe it will ever be profitable pool mining now as diff. is way above 9.

Profits are now mostly based on luck.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 01:06:58 AM

Macro, is it possible for us to solo mine on your service?

I don't believe it will ever be profitable pool mining now as diff. is way above 9.

Profits are now mostly based on luck.

This is a great question, and I have only been in limbo for the past couple days, with very little sleep, thinking how we can improve everything to make it profitable in every sense of the way. In fact, solo has been on my mind, however, we would need to accept a much higher risk and possibly own a few thousand servers for this to work.  I can't say we are too far from it, but we can get close with the right funds and the right group of people investing.

Feel free to pm me in what you had in mind, and let's discuss this more in-depth.

eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 04:39:06 AM

They say evil triumph when good man do nothing.

And this service comes from the guy who a few days ago PMed me asking how to set up Primecoin miner on linux!

For those considering this service, I shall point out that at 0.17 BTC per day for 15,000 PPS, you are paying x4 more than setting up the same miner with Linux on DigitalOcean droplet.

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 04:49:42 AM

And this service comes from the guy who a few days ago PMed me asking how to set up Primecoin miner on linux!

For those considering this service, I shall point out that at 0.17 BTC per day for 15,000 PPS, you are paying x4 more than setting up the same miner with Linux on DigitalOcean droplet.

We are all learning in a sense and that includes me Wink

In a few short weeks maco has already accomplished two projects primecoin buzz and cloud mining service. I'd say he is among the most hardworking supporters of xpm. Whether his cloud mining service can be a profitable venture is up to the market to decide, but I very much appreciate his effort.
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

Set up a coinbase account.

Once you're in the coinbase account, perform the following steps :

Click on "merchant tools" on the left
click on "Tools"
select payment type : donations , select any button, give it a name (i called it VPS) & then click on "generate button code"

you'll get a html code, just open up notepad, copy & paste the html code in it, save the notepad file as vps.htm on your desktop

Doubleclick the vps.htm on your desktop, click on "donate bitcoins", you'll get a new form

Select "send using a bitcoin address", send the coins to the generated address, et voila, within the hour the funds is available in coinbase to spend on the VPS Smiley

If it helped, donations are welcome in XPM (AQX6i7jWKZk3WchULwFybcFfGYTHtYRn2u) or BTC (1AYyCPUQRVH6HLG8p6hvuxvCqjuM57JMh5)

EDit : Maco, feel free to add this small guide to your original post if it helps people to understand the coinbase system Smiley

Awesome job on providing this guide to help others subscribe! I added it to the main thread post for others to follow.

The Tip Cap comes right off! Smiley

Date: 7/28/2013 01:39
To: AQX6i7jWKZk3WchULwFybcFfGYTHtYRn2u
Debit: -2.00 XPM
Transaction fee: -0.01 XPM
Net amount: -2.01 XPM
Transaction ID: 76ea752ad606c86f7affcdf2f9a98d122324dd87e14b18218791b04e69f94773
jammertr

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:29:03 AM

In a few short weeks maco has already accomplished two projects primecoin buzz and cloud mining service. I'd say he is among the most hardworking supporters of xpm. Whether his cloud mining service can be a profitable venture is up to the market to decide, but I very much appreciate his effort.

+1

But I would love the option of remote access to servers, and also the option of solo mining.

My average shares per hour is around 125-130, considering the costs, solo mining at high pps solutions might be preferred by some
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 03:24:09 PM

Awesome job on providing this guide to help others subscribe! I added it to the main thread post for others to follow.

The Tip Cap comes right off! Smiley

Date: 7/28/2013 01:39
To: AQX6i7jWKZk3WchULwFybcFfGYTHtYRn2u
Debit: -2.00 XPM
Transaction fee: -0.01 XPM
Net amount: -2.01 XPM
Transaction ID: 76ea752ad606c86f7affcdf2f9a98d122324dd87e14b18218791b04e69f94773

My pleasure, tip has been received, thank you so much Smiley
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:16:12 PM

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for taking the time to write this post, and I am really looking forward to serving the community with much more value. I am learning everyday too, and I am committed to the good of the community each and everyday.  Most of my motivation comes from being around the right people, and you have inspired me to start moving on the adoption side of things.  I believe Primecoin is only at the beginning of Breaking world records, and making history.

I know the media attention is coming, but as of now, I can only speculate, and we aren't too far from it. I hope this service can work for people, and we are tweaking through all bugs to make sure we deliver more XPM for their investment.  We are constantly taking feedback, and listening to the community... and this will be our driving force for a long time to come.

Thanks for your support, and I will continue working on my end to deliver more and more value to the Primecoin community.

Maco
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:36:27 PM

Update: YPool posted a new share system, and I think this will change the interface of what we were mining on, only to increase it for the legit players, and keep those botnets/cheaters so to speak, away from the system (I hope they can pull it off), and here is what they have to say..

Share system update, 28.07. 17:00 @ http://ypool.net/news.php
Hello miners,

we have modified the share system to better reflect the internal algorithms of Primecoin.
Instead of just counting the amount of shares a user submits, every share is now associated with a weighted value.
The value is determined by how hard it was to find this share. At the end of each round the value of all round shares is used to distribute the XPM.

It's important to know that this may increase the 'random luck factor' a lot. Therefore don't estimate your earnings by a single found block, but rather what you received over the last 24 hours.

A more detailed description of this system will be posted on the forums soon.

-- jh00 & testix

So far, I am seeing a small test run on 20k pps of 10 shares every 3-4 minutes, and its only getting better it seems like.

If the new system works, our services will work side by side to help you earn more XPM.

Thanks for your support,
Maco

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for taking the time to write this post, and I am really looking forward to serving the community with much more value. I am learning everyday too, and I am committed to the good of the community each and everyday.  Most of my motivation comes from being around the right people, and you have inspired me to start moving on the adoption side of things.  I believe Primecoin is only at the beginning of Breaking world records, and making history.

I know the media attention is coming, but as of now, I can only speculate, and we aren't too far from it. I hope this service can work for people, and we are tweaking through all bugs to make sure we deliver more XPM for their investment.  We are constantly taking feedback, and listening to the community... and this will be our driving force for a long time to come.

Thanks for your support, and I will continue working on my end to deliver more and more value to the Primecoin community.

Maco
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 08:41:43 PM

Edit : my bad, looking at the wrong stats :>

Is there any way users of the service can see their worker details on your service on an "account" page in the future?

Just to give an idea what speed it's running at, how many shares, how long left on the contract, etc Smiley
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:14:27 PM

Edit : my bad, looking at the wrong stats :>

Is there any way users of the service can see their worker details on your service on an "account" page in the future?

Just to give an idea what speed it's running at, how many shares, how long left on the contract, etc Smiley

Hi, thanks for your input.

We are working on a way to have it output more transparently. The thing is, we run an average of 2 servers per client depending on the route they are taking, and how much pps they requested. We soon should be implementing such functionality, if ypool works with us closely to allow for it. At this time, we recommend all users to monitor using a brand new account for our service. That way, you won't have stats concluding together from your other efforts/investments.

maco (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:43:14 AM

Ypool has changed their payout system, and we are seeing huge improvements so far. Shares are earning much more now from what others are reporting. Let's see how this goes... remember, our service is dependent on them. We have the resources to reach upwards of 30K pps on 1 server... and we hope ypool's new payout system gets it done for us.

Thanks for your support thus far!

+1

But I would love the option of remote access to servers, and also the option of solo mining.

My average shares per hour is around 125-130, considering the costs, solo mining at high pps solutions might be preferred by some
mpr20rt

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:35:24 AM

After seeing the results were rather low, maco offered to improve the results.

Also, there was no downtime on either of the tests. Constantly getting shares. A professional service run by a professional.

In the end, I would say it's a well-run service which delivers. And I'm yet to see the end result  Smiley

Same for me.  Cool guy, great service.

Let me tell you what i've got out of this professional service..

So i've paid 0.04btc for 8k pps and after 12hrs mining on ypool i've got 0.09xpm lol

I mean I won't even be able to cash out whatever I'll mine cos of a min 2xpm withdraw limit Cheesy

But its all good OP sent me 2xpm as a BONUS so I guess I'll be wearing XPM fanboy hat untill rate hits 0.02 btc/xpm to break even Cheesy

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 10:14:26 AM

I mean I won't even be able to cash out whatever I'll mine cos of a min 2xpm withdraw limit Cheesy

Yes, that 2 XPM withdrawal limit is an ugly thing from the HostForBit side. They could easily limit it to one redraw a day if they wanted not to waist the (minimal) resources on large(?!?) number of payout transactions. This way it can only be seen as a way to collect pocket money from a lot of people letting HFB have what's left when they stop using the service. One day "free" trial was not free since no one could collect what's mined in that one day. Not that I long for < 1 XPM I've left them, as a matter of fact I've expected something like that since there is no free lunch in this world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: