Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XPM] paused and shut down  (Read 14046 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:46:05 AM

So, after 24 hours of mining, here's my takeaway.

Pros:
  • The hoster is professional in his dealings. e.g. he had once forgotten to turn on my plan, so to compensate he gave me doubled PPS for a period of time.

Cons:
  • Will never make positive ROI. In 27 hours of 6k PPS (at a rate of 0.032 BTC/day) I've made ~0.44 XPM, which is 2.8 mBTC at current prices. The loss ratio is over 90%. If anything, this only goes to show how unprofitable XPM really is right now.

Also... what sieve size and jhprimeminer are used for mining? Smaller sieve sizes raise PPS, lower sieve sizes drop PPS, but the share rate would stay approximately constant.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 01:16:01 PM

i hit 2 XPM blocks today, pretty sure they both came from HostForBit Smiley

the best one :

88296   5.402113   3   29.07 - 14:51   

5.40 XPM from 1 block, awesome Smiley
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:06:23 PM

i hit 2 XPM blocks today, pretty sure they both came from HostForBit Smiley

the best one :

88296   5.402113   3   29.07 - 14:51   

5.40 XPM from 1 block, awesome Smiley
How much pps are you paying for? It would be interesting if you could post some status update about your investment and how it is going with the new payout system. Thank.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

How much pps are you paying for? It would be interesting if you could post some status update about your investment and how it is going with the new payout system. Thank.

i got the cheapest package before the promo (6000?) pps for 0.04 BTC , evaluating day to day.

Since the new system on ypool, my earnings have more than doubled.
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:59:14 PM

Sorry everyone, I had an emergency that caused me to be away most of the day.

I am now back, and ready to take action. Last night, I couldn't sleep as we were working on some new changes.

We still have lots more to deliver everyone... so far, we have begun some updates, and we will see how it goes.  Still have 50% more remaining, and will keep you all updated.

Please contribute to this thread as much as possible with updates and progress.

Thanks for hanging in with us, and counting on us throughout this venture together.

Maco
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:09:56 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 01:59:34 AM by maco

ANNOUNCEMENT about LATEST yPOOL system changes!

ypool has made some drastic changes to their system, and now stats could take more time until they appear in your account.

From what we hear, ypool payout has a VALUE PER SHARE calculation.  Your Value/Share can be 1.0 up to 7.0 from what we are seeing as a result and hearing as feedback. This can potentially increase your earning rate by up to 30% -- however, this is not an exact quote, it is only speculation from our short tests. This is all new to everyone, and we are just at the beginning edge of what is yet to come from XPM mining.

BONUS: Host for bit will TIP you 2 XPM WHILE using our services with that worker and find a block within trial or paid period. This ends at 7/30/2013 12:00 PST

Send a pm with the block # you found from the stats page.
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:28:24 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 12:43:47 AM by maco

Important Announcement:

Coinbase had a halt in their system that disabled the functionality of per day billing.
We kept most accounts active even after the 5 days halted billing glitch on Coinbase's subscription part.  

If you no longer want to use our services, we recommend you PM or email me to stop your account, and login to coinbase and cancel your subscription.

Starting now, moving forward, we will go ahead and extend our services to those who got rebilled for the down time of those days, and I will enable you to more PPS and remaining days running. In addition, you will benefit with the new earning system, as we have seen a better estimated XPM earning, according to our most recent tests.  You know I make it right for the community, however, we cannot afford to stay in business as our costs have only doubled with less intake of payments due to the coinbase payment glitch.

Please PM me again for your account info if you got rebilled today, and I will add more value to your account, and extend the time period as much as possible. This will still cause us a loss on the accounts, but we hope to continue doing business with you today, and the near future.

Thank you,
Maco
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:36:07 AM

Thanks for trial!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:44:02 AM

I think your prices need to be worked on.

I ordered the 32,000 PPS for a week package for .896 Btc.  I estimated that I needed around 100 XPM to make my ROI (or even get close) at current prices.  So far (in about 2 days) I have made 5.  At this rate I will have somewhere around 20 or 25 XPM by the end of the package, effectively losing about 75% of my investment.  This is just my observation so far, I think that this far in is a pretty good estimate of what I will make at this rate.

I am a little curious though as yesterday I was making more than .02 XPM per block, but today I am only getting around .01 to .015 per block.  Can anyone tell me with 32,000 PPS if this is abiout what I can expect to be getting as there is no way for me to determine if I am actually getting 32,000 PPS or not.

This is all my personal observation, owner is helpful and a nice guy, but prices are extremely high and at current levels people are dreaming if they think they will hit ROI.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:57:46 AM

I ordered the 32,000 PPS for a week package for .896 Btc.  I estimated that I needed around 100 XPM to make my ROI (or even get close) at current prices.  So far (in about 2 days) I have made 5.  At this rate I will have somewhere around 20 or 25 XPM by the end of the package, effectively losing about 75% of my investment.  This is just my observation so far, I think that this far in is a pretty good estimate of what I will make at this rate.

I am a little curious though as yesterday I was making more than .02 XPM per block, but today I am only getting around .01 to .015 per block.  Can anyone tell me with 32,000 PPS if this is abiout what I can expect to be getting as there is no way for me to determine if I am actually getting 32,000 PPS or not.

This is all my personal observation, owner is helpful and a nice guy, but prices are extremely high and at current levels people are dreaming if they think they will hit ROI.

Hi,

There has been major changes from when you ordered, and everything we do relies on ypool's output and payout system. I will double check your account now, and see if we can get you kick started in the right direction.  We are always looking at feedback like yours to only improve, optimize, and generate more XPM for your investment. We are all new to this experience, and unfortunately, our services heavily rely on the payout per shares by ypool.

In addition, ypool has now backed up their stats by a longer period of time, so what we do for you now, you will see at a later time.

No worries, we are going to be optimizing all accounts today, and working to help us all get a better return.

Thanks
Maco
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:15:20 PM

I mean I won't even be able to cash out whatever I'll mine cos of a min 2xpm withdraw limit Cheesy

Yes, that 2 XPM withdrawal limit is an ugly thing from the HostForBit side. They could easily limit it to one redraw a day if they wanted not to waist the (minimal) resources on large(?!?) number of payout transactions. This way it can only be seen as a way to collect pocket money from a lot of people letting HFB have what's left when they stop using the service. One day "free" trial was not free since no one could collect what's mined in that one day. Not that I long for < 1 XPM I've left them, as a matter of fact I've expected something like that since there is no free lunch in this world.

Please understand the 2 XPM withdrawal limit is not us. Also, I am working on an agreement with ypool to see if our users can see a little bit of a bump in ROI... working on this as we speak. Remember, we don't know what is going on daily at this moment, since our services heavily work in conjunction to ypool's service.

We are working on things to bring our users more value daily. Stay tuned. +1 for your review.
maco (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

We have made some tweaks in your account, and you can feel free to message me progress reports so I can know where to go, at any time. We are now implementing some new things to track the progress, and if user reaches lower than share values, we will auto run with new script to start testing until we hit the happy medium. Ypool has made major changes, even after your sign up, and we are finding a close way to bring you more value. How is your progress going so far? Seeing improvements?
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:12:52 AM

We have made some tweaks in your account, and you can feel free to message me progress reports so I can know where to go, at any time. We are now implementing some new things to track the progress, and if user reaches lower than share values, we will auto run with new script to start testing until we hit the happy medium. Ypool has made major changes, even after your sign up, and we are finding a close way to bring you more value. How is your progress going so far? Seeing improvements?

I am now getting half of what I was getting yesterday, currently making about .006 per block.  Have only gotten about .5 of an XPM on the day.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: