Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:27:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone else not received as much BCH as BTC after the fork?  (Read 112 times)
EvermanJ (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:49:02 PM

Hi, was reading about the BCH fork and noticed that we were supposed to receive the same amount of BCH as BTC. This was not the case for me, not even half. My BCH wallet appeared in Coinbase with the BCH already in there. Is it possible that there is more unclaimed BCH out there in the blockchain? Has anyone else experienced this?

I added up all of my transactions (there weren't many) up to Aug 1st on coinbase, and it is not close.

Thanks for your replies in advance.
cryptoblackhat

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:49:59 PM

It was fine for me. I received the same amount of BCH as the BTC that I possessed on August 1st.
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:59:08 PM

are you sure you have bitcoin store in coinbase wallet at that time fork happend ? the coinbase just announce that they support bch but thats not mean when they support it the bitcoin inside your wallet that time will be same as your bch. they still give how much btc you hold at time fork happend. so bassicaly you receive what you have at that date not at time they announce about supporting bch
EvermanJ (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:16:06 PM

Thanks for the responses,
I just remembered that I did sell right before the fork, but bought back in on the Jul 28th. Looking through my transaction history: is it possible that the transaction would say "Bought bitcoin on Jul 28th" but didn't go through until after the first? that would explain the deficit.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:30:44 PM

Hi, was reading about the BCH fork and noticed that we were supposed to receive the same amount of BCH as BTC. This was not the case for me, not even half. My BCH wallet appeared in Coinbase with the BCH already in there. Is it possible that there is more unclaimed BCH out there in the blockchain? Has anyone else experienced this?

I added up all of my transactions (there weren't many) up to Aug 1st on coinbase, and it is not close.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Don't hold your coins in custodiary wallets and services.

Own your own private keys, otherwise you're just trusting someone with your coins.

Not your keys, not your coins!
EvermanJ (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

Thanks for the advice BathRobe! I just got a Ledger Nano. I wanted to transfer the majority to it, but I've been waiting days for any transfers to complete on coinbase. I also cashed out some BTC to the coinbase USD wallet, and it's been pending for 5 days. with their overburdened tech support, I haven't heard anything back, so I'm starting to sweat a little.

I'm definitely a noob, I can sort of comprehend how BTC to BTC wallets work, but BTC to USD? there's no blockchain for the USD wallet, so I assume that this stored only on coinbase's database?

Aside from cashing out to a savings account, is there anyway to transfer coinbase's USD wallet to an offline hardware wallet? I'm assuming not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: