Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:43:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STAY AWAY from HitBTC!  (Read 177 times)
Andreff (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:08:47 PM

STAY AWAY from HitBTC!!!!!

SCAM exchange!!!! They keep raising fees (without notice) and they blocked all NEO withdrawals!!!!
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:05:39 PM

SCAM exchange!!!! They keep raising fees (without notice) and they blocked all NEO withdrawals!!!!

I also seen how they milk their traders.  I have traded DENT in their exchange, so I wanna try to buy and sell but I noticed, a 1.6m DENT order at 0.000003 ETH will cost me a fee of 1.6 ETH (it has a total buy wall of 5 ETH fee not included).  So it not only discouraged me from doing the trades but it also made me missed the opportunity to buy and sell DENT due to the massive Transaction fee (though their fee stated a 0.1% fee.

the fee here is in ETH.  This is a DENT/ETH pair.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:16:40 PM

HitBTC is starting to notice a decline in users and for that reason might raise their fees in an attempt to compensate their shrinking volumes. I honestly can't think of any reason for people to use this exchange with such a long history of problems. I however have to point out that regardless of how shady things might look and be, as long as you are using their platform, you basically agree to all their terms. In order to put a stop to all this, whenever you can, withdraw your funds and move to an other exchange. There are so many altcoin exchanges to choose from, that there isn't a reason for people to use this exchange.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:34:36 AM

HitBTC is starting to notice a decline in users and for that reason might raise their fees in an attempt to compensate their shrinking volumes. I honestly can't think of any reason for people to use this exchange with such a long history of problems. I however have to point out that regardless of how shady things might look and be, as long as you are using their platform, you basically agree to all their terms. In order to put a stop to all this, whenever you can, withdraw your funds and move to an other exchange. There are so many altcoin exchanges to choose from, that there isn't a reason for people to use this exchange.
Thanks for giving us information about this site. It's a useful thread for me and other newbie her in crypto community like me.
partsofgarble

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:35:06 AM

Thakns for the information. Heard about them from a friend, will let him know
benj_pirate

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:22:07 AM

One of the thing to be carefull about with Hibtc are the "future" coins...
They actually list token before this actual token are listen on some real exchange and the artificaly pump the price of their future... witch makes poeple buying their token their in general a lot more expenssive. Recently the opposite occured for ICX as for a while future ICX was at 1$ in HIBTC... but most of the time its not like this.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

One of the thing to be carefull about with Hibtc are the "future" coins...
They actually list token before this actual token are listen on some real exchange and the artificaly pump the price of their future... witch makes poeple buying their token their in general a lot more expenssive. Recently the opposite occured for ICX as for a while future ICX was at 1$ in HIBTC... but most of the time its not like this.
Which mean that they fake the price and hold it till it goes up in the real exchange? But I think it's not bad at all, it just their strategy for having some great mind. Correct me if I'm wrong.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:37:06 PM

HitBTC traders have been facing a lot of issues lately. The site is giving troubles like stopping the withdrawals, messing with user's trades, increasing the fees without any notices etc... These issues indicates that it is not at all safe now to trade on HitBTC as it might scam the users anytime. It is better to stay away from HitBTC and use better alternatives like bittrex, bitstamp etc... I recommend bittrex as it is most safer than others.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:20:37 AM

HitBTC traders have been facing a lot of issues lately. The site is giving troubles like stopping the withdrawals, messing with user's trades, increasing the fees without any notices etc... These issues indicates that it is not at all safe now to trade on HitBTC as it might scam the users anytime. It is better to stay away from HitBTC and use better alternatives like bittrex, bitstamp etc... I recommend bittrex as it is most safer than others.

There are other exchanges to choose from so better stay away from the exchange if you can. There may be some history of problems in other exchanges as well but in their exchange there is a lot more complains. Some developers though still choose to list their coins in that exchange. Maybe it has lesser fee? Anyway, if you still have funds in the exchange then better withdraw it and transfer to others that has way lesser fees and somewhat safer. There is Bittrex, Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Kucoin which is somewhat new but getting volume slowly and others.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:13:03 AM

I also seen how they milk their traders.  I have traded DENT in their exchange, so I wanna try to buy and sell but I noticed, a 1.6m DENT order at 0.000003 ETH will cost me a fee of 1.6 ETH (it has a total buy wall of 5 ETH fee not included).  So it not only discouraged me from doing the trades but it also made me missed the opportunity to buy and sell DENT due to the massive Transaction fee (though their fee stated a 0.1% fee.

the fee here is in ETH.  This is a DENT/ETH pair.

Same shit also happened to me, that ridiculous 0.1% fee is really unreasonable. That's why i take out all my coins from hitbtc and never trade on that site again. If you trade with big volume don't trade on HitBTC, the fee is really big there. So many problematic exchanges nowdays damn.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:04:49 AM

I too noticed hitbtc has increased their trading fee since a week and keep increasing insanely, same happens with binance, they are one among exchanges who let us transact upto 2 bitcoins each 24 hours without verification but charge a prohibitive fee. I think bittrex is more satisfying in matter of fee though has some restrictions for non-verified users
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:14:09 AM

I too noticed hitbtc has increased their trading fee since a week and keep increasing insanely, same happens with binance, they are one among exchanges who let us transact upto 2 bitcoins each 24 hours without verification but charge a prohibitive fee. I think bittrex is more satisfying in matter of fee though has some restrictions for non-verified users

If your a not verified member on bittrex then better don't buy any coins from that site because you don't know when they will stop you from withdrawing your coins. if your verification success in their automated system then fine otherwise don't know how long they will take to verify your account. I strongly suggest first verify your account then only send money to your account for trading.
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3271

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 08:44:06 AM

Now i see that is not only on me problem with hitbtc.
Few of my alts listed only on hitbtc, but i can't nohing with them, no trading, no withdrawals. Now i see really high fee

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████