Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin cards?  (Read 202 times)
Cardan0 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:11:08 PM

Are there any bitcoin based credit cards? No pre-paid or anything, just direct bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veidt

Activity: 150

Famous last words - Hold my beer.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:59:32 AM

Are there any bitcoin based credit cards? No pre-paid or anything, just direct bitcoin.

You are at the wrong section.. Yes, there are bitcoin credit cards you can use for your everyday buys, search for TenX.

Thats what I do, I drink beer and I know stuff.
Dided1981
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:49:17 PM

You are at the wrong section.. Yes, there are bitcoin credit cards you can use for your everyday buys, search for TenX.
there is no such thing as a bitcoin credit card
drunkbillmurray

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:04:14 PM

Try cryptopay and bitpay these two offer direct bitcoin to debit card transfer.
Veidt

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:33:16 PM

How little you know.. Feel bad for you carrying the Sr. badge.

https://www.tenx.tech/

JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:54:46 PM

Then wait months to get your TenX card... They will add you on their waitlist.
Veidt

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:19:31 PM

Then wait months to get your TenX card... They will add you on their waitlist.

Am I the only one who got his question?

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:16:32 AM

Get a Mistertango IBAN account. It comes with a MasterCard and you can load your account with bitcoins. You can also use it for sending and receiving SEPA payments.

https://mistertango.com/en/

I'm not sure if you can get it quickly during the Christmas holidays. If you sign up, you might get the card in January but definitely not before the end of this month.

The account and the MasterCard are free. They have an awesome easy to use app.

Cryptopay is another option but be prepared to wait a few days or longer for verification results. It's their card issuer which verifies you and they can be notoriously slow. When you are verified, you can expect to get your card within a few days if you live in Europe. If you don't, it will take longer (or quicker if you pay for DHL courier).

Dided1981
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:35:13 AM

I like meeting idiots like you who have no idea what they are talking about, do you even know the difference between a Credit card and a Debit Card or you just like blowing air out of your ass?
Veidt

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

I like meeting idiots like you who have no idea what they are talking about, do you even know the difference between a Credit card and a Debit Card or you just like blowing air out of your ass?

TenX cards function just like credit cards. The difference between a credit card and a debit card is where the money is pulled of. They are both used in the same way and at the same places. TenX debit cards pull money from your bitcoin wallet, like a credit card pulls money from your bank account. But lets say that Im wrong in this and it doesnt serve the op, even though its the best option offered, the only difference is that it says debit. I was wrong in the naming.. I get it. Functionality and usability remains the same though.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:42:14 PM

Why is this all so confusing? It's dead clear and straightforward: credit cards means you borrow money, debit cards are your own money. That's the difference. With credit card, you are borrowing money which you then repay later which is why it's called a "credit" card. With a debit card, the money is taken or debited from your own available funds.

Going by the above definition, there is no such thing as a bitcoin credit card which would mean a card provider issuing a card with a credit limit. You then repay the bitcoins later with or without interest. As we all know, this does not (yet) exist.

A bitcoin debit card on the other hand exists which is basically a card which debits or takes money from your available funds (or coins) as you use the card.

A prepaid credit card is a secured credit card. It's a card you secure or prepay with a deposit which the bank or card issuer holds as a lien or collateral against the credit limit granted for that particular card.

Bitvigo Official

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 06:31:34 PM

Only banks can issue a credit card or debit card.(By law and/or policy) I f you want  Master card/Visa where you get load Bitcoins then you will need to look for an Bitcoin Prepaid Master card/Visa. There is no Bitcoin debit card unfortunately.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:47:42 AM

bitPay is an awesome debit card, but SALT is coming out with a cryptocurrency credit card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: