Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit wallet, how to keep my BTC safe while getting access to BTG and BCash?  (Read 71 times)
LMTMFA (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:17:51 AM

Hello all,

I've got an old Multibit Classic wallet sitting around that's not been touched for quite a while, not much in there, about half a coin, but with the prices nowadays "not much" is getting debatable even with only half of a BTC. Smiley

From what I understand Multibit Classic won't work well or at all anymore, especially not with upcoming changes, and won't support BTG and BCash.

Seems like this version does easily support exporting the Private Keys, and I viewed the video about importing to Electrum in this manner.

It's not clear to me how to do this and then also access / store the BTG and BCash equivalents in their own wallet without risking either losing them or my BTC.

Of course, it would be preferable to do so without transferring between wallets, considering the time and cost involved, especially if I recall correctly it's divided into two wallet addresses, so I'd have to do everything at least two times, including the cost of transferring to another address. Wink

Does anyone have any insight / tips for what steps to take? Are there any wallets that will just support all these forks at once maybe? If not, any suggestions for good local wallets for these coins (no cloud)?

Thanks for any time ya'll spend on this. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: