Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 08:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee Sold his Litecoin for "Conflicts of Interest"  (Read 276 times)
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

Really,, I’m surprised he does that for that reason and most developers really does hold they’re own coin as a sign of confidence that trust litecoin.. But doing this for an issue that is totally can be ignored and not a big issues to be seriously sold all for a certain “conflict of interest”.. Nah I think that is not a good decision..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:56:42 PM

He wants to prove that his not associated with what's happening to his coin.

But who knows if he is really saying the real thing that he sold most of his litecoins, he can just bluff or it's for real since he's totally a rich lad.

I'm thinking that he's using the word "charity/donation" to avoid something.

He probably 'believes' that is why he is doing this...on the other hand...he 'sold' at the high prices....so delusion in this case can work both ways

he has his cake and eats it too...( I'm selling because of conflict of interest (reality: tummy hurts from possible bubble), sold at the height, (tummy

no longer hurts from the possible bubble, but a soothing effect of selling at the price high...helps him sleep at nite

not sure if sold if the prices were reversed, he'd feel all that chipper

was a win/win choice in 20/20 hindsight Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:11:24 PM

Yesterday, Charlie Lee sold his Litetcoin. He said he was doing it because of the "conflict of interest" that arose as a result of talking about Litecoin. What are your opinions of it?

I think that he has a point. Although he may have no monetary incentive for Litecoin to rally, he has every other incentive to see it succeed. It was his creation and he has his name to it. By not holding the coins, he can easily sing its praises without having to worry about accusations of "market manipulation".

That is much less that can be said about other coins in the cryptocurrency ecosystems.

https://www.coinbureau.com/analysis/litecoin-founder-sells-ltc-avoid-conflict-interest/

That's an intriguing perspective you put up. I think I have to agree with you on that, but I just don't know how the community will react to it moving forward. It's possible that they'll see Charlie Lee as a coward of sorts to pull out when there's a promising build up. There will always be people who fail to see that it's potentially beneficial for the whole of the coin, and these people might weigh down the price by removing their support of litecoin as well. We'll see what happens within the next week.
It could be a good call and a bad one, but everything depends on how people would really end up seeing it.

There is really no conflict of interest here to me, it is your project and if it dies you should be ready to die with it, but it seems strange that he feels people may think he is going to be manipulating his own coin by holding a huge chunk of it? Let's see how this goes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: