Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be any problem if I ignore this at the boot?  (Read 118 times)
rizabbasi (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:10:41 AM

Hi,

I plugged in the GPUs again (because I was checking with one by one detection of the GPUs, now all [both] plugged in) and there was a message on boot that put 4-pin Molex power on the motherboard. Press N to ignore. I ignored the message and Windows 10 started. I immediately shut down the machine and thought of asking from the community.

The only thing I did before was just the setting of Primary Graphics Adapter as Onboard.

The machine was powering with GPUs before without that message and I am just wondering the impact if I ignore this message. May be its due to Primary Graphics Adapter=Enabled but I am not sure.

Note: I am using powered risers and two risers share a single cable.

Looking forward and thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Rizwan

Shipping beats perfection. So "ship" and then improve (that 1%).
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:29:58 AM

Hi,

I plugged in the GPUs again (because I was checking with one by one detection of the GPUs, now all [both] plugged in) and there was a message on boot that put 4-pin Molex power on the motherboard. Press N to ignore. I ignored the message and Windows 10 started. I immediately shut down the machine and thought of asking from the community.

The only thing I did before was just the setting of Primary Graphics Adapter as Onboard.

The machine was powering with GPUs before without that message and I am just wondering the impact if I ignore this message. May be its due to Primary Graphics Adapter=Enabled but I am not sure.

Note: I am using powered risers and two risers share a single cable.

Looking forward and thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Rizwan

Nope, you don't actually need those to plugged, you have already your powered risers and it will definitely do the jobs for your mainboard molex. its just a waste of cable actually, you will only use it when you're riser don't have a powered options or making use of PCI-e x16 slots.
rizabbasi (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:03:56 AM

Hi,

I installed the AMD blockchain driver, both GPUs were shown in the Device Manager as RX 580.

I noticed that after booting Windows 10, both GPUs are OFF. Fans not spinning and GPU lights are OFF. Still both GPUs are shown in the Device Manager.

Please let me  know whats the issue? Is that related to that warning about powering 4-pin to motherboard?

Regards,

Rizwan

Shipping beats perfection. So "ship" and then improve (that 1%).
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:48:54 AM

Hi,

I installed the AMD blockchain driver, both GPUs were shown in the Device Manager as RX 580.

I noticed that after booting Windows 10, both GPUs are OFF. Fans not spinning and GPU lights are OFF. Still both GPUs are shown in the Device Manager.

Please let me  know whats the issue? Is that related to that warning about powering 4-pin to motherboard?

Regards,

Rizwan

Fans being off does not mean the GPU is off. Most GPU fans wont spin up till they cross a threshold temperature, usually 60C.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: