Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 )  (Read 3714 times)
Tigel

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:10:04 PM

Maybe bminer? There is a thread @these forums. A lot of hype on that but I did not see any improvement mining ZEC with Linux.
As a user I feel kind of confused, there are now two "forks" of this awesome OS, which one to choose.. I am currently running the other branch on three rigs and I would not want to break anything. But automated OC feels tempting... Smiley

Have you considered combining your work?

--
Tigel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meligo

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:12:02 AM

As one of the official contributors of the NVOC group I must say that this build has been one of the best builds I've seen so far. As you might know, overclocking is one of the hardest parts to do in Linxu. With fullzero's NVOC it was made a lot easier and with the current release of PoisonXA it has taken OC to the next level.
I have been using it on my rigs for some time now and the settings that it give to be the "sweet spot" of OC , I would have never guessed to put those numbers.
Also I've have been in contact with PoisonXA and looking forward to working together with him and making this built even greater. There is an awesome roadmap and plans for the future for this built so keep an eye out on this forum because you don't want to miss it.
pantalyra

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:01:04 AM

Does this OS go to sleep after X hours? I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on - it was at the 'enter password' screen. Then it loaded the desktop (as if it crashed?)

I checked my pool which said there was no downtime?

no this os does not sleep it mines for as long as theres power.

I have only seen this problem with USB's that are starting to fail. I have not had it happen on the new version but I have seen it several times on the older versions from FullZero and it always turned out to be a failing USB or poor quality USB.
byztech

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:38:24 AM

I personally also use PXA's Fork of nvOC.

He's a rare bred developer----actively involved and engaged with his user base.

Anyways, PXA nvOC is a frequently updated fork of FullZero's nvOC with pretty sexy features. What I like most about the product is it's auto overclock, no longer are you having to tediously tweak your cards. Enter acceptable values and boom, the OS will determine which clock is appropriate for your card.

If you want a 1,2,3 miner with the sophistication and all the bells and whistles you could want, try PXA's nvOC. I don't think you will regret it. Everyone on the Discord is friendly and there is usually someone around to help. No one bites, as far as I know, except for me.

poisonxa (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:06:17 AM

new update up should fix alot of bugs and add alot of new features reimage for best results enjoy guys!

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 04:49:20 PM

Guys if you have any issues feel free to contact me via discord I'm always on.

theDwiz

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:00:55 PM

New version working great. Had a bunch of errors with the older version and they have now been corrected. Can't seem to get TeamViewer to load up but I'm sure I'm overlooking something outside of TeamViewer "YES" but auto-overclocking is working great - highest SOL/s I've ever got, temps are setting properly, voltage assigning correctly, etc. Very happy, thanks for the help I needed earlier too!
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

I've been running the original nvOC but taking a look at all the upgrades here I'm going to switch over thanks
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:35:55 PM

guys i released a small patch to auto update to fix global overclocks and beta test ftc neo scrypt on ccminer 2.2.3

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 11:18:56 PM

I'll be adding screenies and tuts shortly

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 02:31:41 AM

screenshots added any questions feel free to write to me or go to our discord channel for support?

biogenetix

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:53:43 AM

On latest build from @PoisonXA 1.9.3
Increased my hashrate like adding another gpu.
Gtx1060 6gb Aorus@3700 sol/s.
Before NvOC PAX I got 3350-3450 sol/s.
All os's running at 2.7 sol/s.

https://ibb.co/dFVk4m
trillobeat

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:45:41 AM

flashed the image using etcher and later HDDraw on second attempt.
Every time when the system boots instead of the usual purple ubuntu loading screen  it  shows a black one with:
/dev/sda2:clean, etc/ etc files, etc/ etc blocks   and the prompt _ just blinks and nothing happens

flash drive was reformatted several times, checked for errors, nothing wrong.
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 02:53:49 PM

Every time when the system boots instead of the usual purple ubuntu loading screen  it  shows a black one with:
/dev/sda2:clean, etc/ etc files, etc/ etc blocks   and the prompt _ just blinks and nothing happens

Change usb port use a usb 2.0 port

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:08:42 PM

Neoscrypt confirmed working with ccminer 2.2.3

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:12:11 AM

Feel free once again to ask any questions im here to get you up and running.

trillobeat

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:59:59 AM

Every time when the system boots instead of the usual purple ubuntu loading screen  it  shows a black one with:
/dev/sda2:clean, etc/ etc files, etc/ etc blocks   and the prompt _ just blinks and nothing happens

This worked just for one start, then after  auto downloading updates and restarting the system, it was the same screen /dev/sda2:clean, etc/ etc files, etc/ etc blocks

So, this looks like incompatibility yet of the nvOC with a B350m board  +ryzen 1500x cpu. 

Tried the flash drive on asrock b250m and  all started ok, auto downloaded  some updates etc.. however two  unwelcome  situations happened :

first time of start after downloading something, unzipping, implementing etc. the screen ended up with downloading teamviewer and that was it ... no successful connection to wherever the nvoc was trying to connect (internet was running , i was using the firefox browser in the same time).
 removed (unticked) teamviewer from the relevant linux settings tab , on next restart system started up and loaded ok and went on  directly to mine the default BTG coin. I then stopped the terminal window and went on to edit 1 bash for my coin of choice.

changed coin to ZEN, changed pool settings etc for my pool choice, set ZM for miner saved file and rebooted.

After start up, the  terminal window began showing : cannot find miner  ( tried later with ewbf, same thing cannot find miner, both are in the respective ZEC folder and i did not touch anything else in the 1bash file )

Any idea why is this happening? 
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 06:10:35 AM

This worked just for one start, then after  auto downloading updates and restarting the system, it was the same screen /dev/sda2:clean, etc/ etc files, etc/ etc blocks

So, this looks like incompatibility yet of the nvOC with a B350m board  +ryzen 1500x cpu. 

Tried the flash drive on asrock b250m and  all started ok, auto downloaded  some updates etc.. however two  unwelcome  situations happened :

first time of start after downloading something, unzipping, implementing etc. the screen ended up with downloading teamviewer and that was it ... no successful connection to wherever the nvoc was trying to connect (internet was running , i was using the firefox browser in the same time).
 removed (unticked) teamviewer from the relevant linux settings tab , on next restart system started up and loaded ok and went on  directly to mine the default BTG coin. I then stopped the terminal window and went on to edit 1 bash for my coin of choice.

changed coin to ZEN, changed pool settings etc for my pool choice, set ZM for miner saved file and rebooted.

After start up, the  terminal window began showing : cannot find miner  ( tried later with ewbf, same thing cannot find miner, both are in the respective ZEC folder and i did not touch anything else in the 1bash file )

Any idea why is this happening? 
I'll be more than happy to help u can u come to the discord channel for faster services

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 04:21:59 PM

ok all issues resolved with that user anyone else with issues?

TAKCuCT

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:37:51 AM

ok all issues resolved with that user anyone else with issues?
Just a small fix - 8coin at MPH-EQUIHASH address -> MPH_ADDRESS same at MPH-ETHASH

And can you add limits at OC?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: