Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-15] UK Regulator: If Investing in Bitcoin, “Be Prepared to Lose Your...  (Read 103 times)
Chase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:49:51 AM

UK Regulator: If Investing in Bitcoin, “Be Prepared to Lose Your Money

https://dcebrief.com/uk-regulator-if-investing-in-bitcoin-be-prepared-to-lose-your-money/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guardian.P

Activity: 609
Merit: 255

Pandora's Tokens Bounties

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:27:33 AM

With a pause, I agree, many do not know how bitcoin works. Personally, I believe that its price is now due to only popularity and nothing more. For example, small transactions have become more expensive and the speed is not the same. Personally, I'm waiting fork with lightning-fast transactions and cheap ones. After that I will decide what to do next
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:57:27 PM

UK Regulator: If Investing in Bitcoin, “Be Prepared to Lose Your Money

https://dcebrief.com/uk-regulator-if-investing-in-bitcoin-be-prepared-to-lose-your-money/

Look who is saying that . UK "REGULATOR" . I mean isn't it obvious to get such comments on bitcoin coming from such authorities . Bitcoin might be in a bit of trouble these days because of the South Korea exhange hack and so on , but that has also not shaken bitcoin to the extend that people loose its faith in bitcoin . Earlier , this week many tried to dump and invest on bitcoin cash . Now they are regretting it because of the bitcoin cash frozen deals . Investing in bitcoin has always been profitable to people who have patiently waited for it to grow .               
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:42:08 PM

Look who is saying that . UK "REGULATOR" . I mean isn't it obvious to get such comments on bitcoin coming from such authorities .

even if this guy doesn't regulate it, he probably still fields a bunch of calls every day from idiots who sent their bitcoin into scams or oblivion. he may as well put his opinion out there in public. and he's right too.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:53:09 AM

That great advice is not unique with Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency for that matter. When a person is into investing there will always be that risks even in dealing with stocks as we had seen some big companies also collapsed. Bitcoin is not for a faint-hearted and I think that people these days are not anymore deprived of information since we have the internet and Google just sitting online waiting to dispense needed information. Getting into something without first knowing can be risky and if anyone is doing that then he is much responsible for his/hr own actions and no one else.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:05:53 AM

What Andrew Bailey did is actually better than what other secretaries are doing, a warning is much better than prevention or banning Bitcoin as a whole in U.K. . What the FCA has done made its citizens aware of what kind of risk is involve when you fund your money to Bitcoin and he is right to say so that we must be prepared to lose our money as we are really facing that kind of danger everyday. I think what he did which he officially made a statement about U.K. being neutral to Bitcoin's legality is a good news for us.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:14:39 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 08:15:45 AM by error08

Actually, bitcoin is the safest coin to invest in long-term.
And other cryptocurrencies mostly used as trading object, if bitcoin fail, so does altcoins.
Bitcoin will always growing over time, there is no loss in this field as long as you can be patient, waiting for months or even years.
Give bitcoin some time and you will surprise how high it can achieve in 2-3 years later, simply because the usability of bitcoin which is better than conventional monetary system.
MoneyMotivatesMe

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:33:09 AM

I keep that in mind but it's possibility to happen is very low by just seeing how much more people are joining this financial revolution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: