Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:26:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-20] NYSE Seeks SEC Approval for Bitcoin ETF listing  (Read 128 times)
Chase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:55:54 AM

NYSE Seeks SEC Approval for Bitcoin ETF listing

https://dcebrief.com/nyse-seeks-sec-approval-for-bitcoin-etf-listing/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
btcforever2018

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:18:45 AM

wow, its such a great information  Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM

I personally value an ETF over future markets, and by looking at how things go in current days, it's very likely that it will come through. Important factor is that it concerns NYSE, which will increase the chances of an approval immensely. It's beyond insane if we think about how far we have come in such a short period of time. It wasn't all that long ago where the SEC rejected two ETF's (WV & SX ETF's), so we can definitely look back happily at what we have achieved already before the end of this fantastic year. Next year we can look forward to Nasdaq hopping on board, and perhaps even LN if we have the luck on our side. It basically means that we can look forward to more institutional adoption, and more real world user adoption.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:46:04 PM

Important factor is that it concerns NYSE, which will increase the chances of an approval immensely.

Might be, but I am still not convinced. It would be pretty weird for the SEC to first have rejected the previous ETF's,  and now suddenly grant NYSE an exclusive approval to be the first official Bitcoin ETF. If it comes through, then it's a great achievement, but given their stance on things, I think the chances for a rejection are higher than the chances of an opposite result. Other than that, I believe that at some point in the future we'll see all kinds of financial parties offer these products, which will only open the doors to institutions even further. At first we still have to wait to see how the future markets will impact our market, which will likely require months of patience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: