Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying pressure stacks up.  (Read 2789 times)
btc237ftw (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:27:39 PM

Hello everyone,

Here's what I noticed: in the last 48 hours, the buying pressure rose higher and higher, the "above 80" was at around 30k for a week or so and now it's almost 50k where most of the added pressure is at the top, (over 90s), therefore I believe the price is going to go up in the very short run at least.

I also think this is a flipped trend and not just a short run-up, but to back this statement up I need to bring a lot more data and therefore, for now - just take it as one man's opinion.

cheers,

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:35:02 PM

Hmm, maybe possible panic buying as all of the newcomers who have been watching the market and waiting for a good moment to buy in think "Uh oh, what if the price doesn't go back down... ever?!?! BUY BUY BUY!!"
jbcv

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:40:48 PM

Hmm, maybe possible panic buying as all of the newcomers who have been watching the market and waiting for a good moment to buy in think "Uh oh, what if the price doesn't go back down... ever?!?! BUY BUY BUY!!"

More recent newcomers wouldnt make a significant impact, they wouldn't invest much money altogether. Around/ right after the time of $266 would have been when we would have to consider the irrational newcomer impact
btc237ftw (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:45:38 PM

Well, this might be part of the case, but in any case we are talking about whales here so it doesn't fit the psychological profile entirely. Yet, can't exclude that notion - just one more note: say you are right, it still means the price will go up if many people believe the price is too cheap at the moment and are afraid we are at some sort of a bottom... So while the motivation for buying effect mainly longer runs and trend aspects and considerations, it has a lot less effect for short term… I.E mass buying (for no matter what reason) = mass buying and the result is... price goes up.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

There is actually a chart for this that I like to check frequently on Blockchained.com

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:27:24 PM

I would have agreed on a trend reversal, if not for the continuing withdrawal hiatus that is impeding on the natural course of the market. Roll Eyes

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:48:04 PM

According to the chart at blockchained, we should already be at 98-99, but we are not there yet.
Well, maybe in the next hours...

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
xavier

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

I agree, buying pressure is building up.

I don't see anything changing much over the next few weeks, but possible into late August/September/October, there is a high probability we will see the price rise back past $100. I would guesstimate the probability of it rising right now is greater than it falling, due to current favorable sentiment towards bitcoin.
gog1

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:16:56 PM

While it does seem prices are picking up, but with so many complaints about not getting money out of gox, not quite sure what to make of this.  I think we should also keep track of bitstamp as it's volume is getting a lot closer to gox and keep an eye out on the spread between the 2.  Part of the demand is probably just ppl trying to move money out of gox by bidding up BTC.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

past 100 in ten minutes Grin damn look at all those big buys that just went threw.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:17:59 PM

past 100 in ten minutes Grin damn look at all those big buys that just went threw.
witnessed
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:16:28 PM

After the whale buy I was expecting another 2 days of boring activity, but it seems someone else has continued the momentum.
Following the previous 2 whale buys we had first a decline by 3 $, and the second a stable period.
But now, the divergence between the bid sum and ask sum has grown a lot, anyone care to comment on this?

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:26:30 PM

After the whale buy I was expecting another 2 days of boring activity, but it seems someone else has continued the momentum.
Following the previous 2 whale buys we had first a decline by 3 $, and the second a stable period.
But now, the divergence between the bid sum and ask sum has grown a lot, anyone care to comment on this?

Comment.

Grin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
XXthetimeisnowXX

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:36:21 PM

nope spoke to soon. jinxed it.  Embarrassed
XXthetimeisnowXX

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:38:56 PM

nope spoke to soon. jinxed it.  Embarrassed

still that 100 buy wall was huge two days ago, like 2.4m not that that all got bought up some did move but now its quite small. about 280k will do the trick. any whales want to go halvsys, like two of you whales, no me haha if only..... if only Smiley

usually Sunday night late we see a big push upwards, did it come early or is there going to be another big push up. if there was i predict just under 105 with the current buy walls. if we push past 100 people will jump on and we could see a decent overnight gain, also a few sell orders would be taken off so I see this happening. if we see no bug sunday night push then ya we will be stuck at 98 for some time. JMO

what do you think?
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:53:44 PM

A 5,000 BTC buy (little whale) would reach up to 101. It is 21:54 my time as I write this and in 6 minutes we may breach the 100 $ (psychological) wall. Or not, depends just on the whales...

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:19:13 PM

I would recommend you do more studying and paper trading before you put your money on the line.  You need better reasoning than "whales this" and "order book that" before you put your money on the line.  (In other words, don't make the same mistakes I did Wink).

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

where the bears at? they like to moan and groan.

ok
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:43:40 PM

I would recommend you do more studying and paper trading before you put your money on the line.  You need better reasoning than "whales this" and "order book that" before you put your money on the line.  (In other words, don't make the same mistakes I did Wink).

Point taken.

Without these whale buys we would be down to 80s or lower by now, so the general market theory may not be so accurate for MtGox right now.
I have a theory on what the buying whale is trying to achieve: he's depleting the BTC stash on MtGox badly, so the price will rise to 120,
and then he'll dump. That will be the mother of all dumps, the price will drop to 50s. Repeat.

abrkn

Activity: 232
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
-
July 28, 2013, 09:48:26 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 03:19:38 AM by abrkn

-

keybase.io/abrkn/key.asc
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print