Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency related stocks  (Read 122 times)
Durian Rambutan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:03:31 AM

Hi all,

Do you trade any stocks related to Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies?

Since I'm currently studying about the cryptocurrency world and how I could be a trader in this sector, I would like to know if you know some cryptocurrency related stocks, which it would be worthy to invest in. I've been trading stocks for some years now so I would prefer to start with something that I know before open a wallet or buy and trade cryptocurrencies. So not necessary for the long term, I'm interested even in finding some stocks for trading in the next months. All the stock markets are ok for the suggestions.

I would be interested in some stocks related to the use of the blockchain in general.

Please let me know if you have some ideas and thanks in advance  Smiley
uberproteam
Copper Member

Activity: 60

Decentralized Freelancer Community

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:22:43 AM

If by stocks in crypto you mean alts then check coinmarketcap. Look for most volatile with high volume to trade daily and to hold choose low volatile coins. Ripple is hot to trade now.

SayNumo

Activity: 62
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

Do you by any chance mean stocks of "traditional" companies that are starting to pivot to blockchain and crypto? Or companies in the crypto space specifically?

As an experienced non-crypto trader, you could probably make a quick buck on stuff like this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2017/12/21/an-iced-tea-company-says-its-pivoting-to-blockchain-stock-rockets-higher/#49870cb4cde4 (I still can't decide if it's a joke or not)
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:42:29 AM

Yes, I used to trade GBTC rather frequently. Sold when I thought it was overvalued in the 300's and now last time I checked it's over $2,000 each. Live and learn, I suppose, but it's taken my strategy of hodling to a whole other level.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:52:10 AM

Since I'm currently studying about the cryptocurrency world and how I could be a trader in this sector, I would like to know if you know some cryptocurrency related stocks, which it would be worthy to invest in. I've been trading stocks for some years now so I would prefer to start with something that I know before open a wallet or buy and trade cryptocurrencies.

No. Crypto stocks seems like the real bubble that's about to happen. The real companies that are involved in cryptocurrency, that built this marketplace we know of (i.e., 21, Coinbase, etc.) don't have any stock.

The best way to trade and earn in this market is to trade the currencies themselves. Is there a reason you don't want to do that?
stewmeista

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:07:15 AM

Hi all,

Since I'm currently studying about the cryptocurrency world and how I could be a trader in this sector, I would like to know if you know some cryptocurrency related stocks, which it would be worthy to invest in. I've been trading stocks for some years now so I would prefer to start with something that I know before open a wallet or buy and trade cryptocurrencies. So not necessary for the long term, I'm interested even in finding some stocks for trading in the next months. All the stock markets are ok for the suggestions.

I would be interested in some stocks related to the use of the blockchain in general.

Please let me know if you have some ideas and thanks in advance  Smiley

With the massive adoption of cryptocurrencies there will inevitably companies to profit from this.

(Nasdaq: NVDA) Nvidia is the largest GPU car distributer in the world, and due to the fact that almost all mining rigs rely on these GPU's, Nvidia is directly profiting from the crypto craze and will continue to.

(NYSE: SHOP).  Shopify is an online platform that supports over 400,000 e-commerce websites. There's not many places where people can currently use their bitcoins buy stuff, so since Shopify announced that they are accepting bitcoins as payments, there is huge expected growth with this company.

(Nasdaq: CYBR) CyberArk is company that's focused on preventing cyber attacks on companies. With the loads of money flowing into crypto coupled with its anonymity, hackers are finding new ways to steal cryptocurrencies every day. Therefore companies like CyberArk will profit from being needed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: