Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:18:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 module B3 Avalons - wtf??  (Read 2201 times)
johnny5 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:51:59 PM

Had I known that the 4 module B3's wouldn't be shipping -  I would've requested a refund for my order, and now it's apparently too late for that.  The fact that Avalon has only shipped 3-module B3 units, while giving no hint there are issues with 4 module units, leaves those of us with orders for 4 module B3's royally screwed, it would seem.  I'm holding out hope that 4 module units get some sorta fancy nitrogen generator (i kid, i kid) or something to make the (nearly 3 month and counting) wait worthwhile.
It would've been FAR better had Yifu/Avalon, when offering the refunds for B3 - said they'd only be shipping the 3-module units at first.  Instead we got further examples of poor communications from this "company" of engineers who openly admits to being hostile towards paying customers.
Or, simply refund of 25% from the 4-module cost and ship us 3 module units.  Instead we get no response from Avalon & Yifu and lots and lots of FUD, while those of us with 4-module orders get to watch people who ordered days after us already hashing on their 3-module units.  Weak!

Yifu's stats: Last Active:   July 16, 2013, 01:32:15 PM
double-bummer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:26:47 PM

sauce?

Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

cheese?

-
mdbssm

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:16:47 PM

Had I known that the 4 module B3's wouldn't be shipping -  I would've requested a refund for my order, and now it's apparently too late for that.  The fact that Avalon has only shipped 3-module B3 units, while giving no hint there are issues with 4 module units, leaves those of us with orders for 4 module B3's royally screwed, it would seem.  I'm holding out hope that 4 module units get some sorta fancy nitrogen generator (i kid, i kid) or something to make the (nearly 3 month and counting) wait worthwhile.
It would've been FAR better had Yifu/Avalon, when offering the refunds for B3 - said they'd only be shipping the 3-module units at first.  Instead we got further examples of poor communications from this "company" of engineers who openly admits to being hostile towards paying customers.
Or, simply refund of 25% from the 4-module cost and ship us 3 module units.  Instead we get no response from Avalon & Yifu and lots and lots of FUD, while those of us with 4-module orders get to watch people who ordered days after us already hashing on their 3-module units.  Weak!

double-bummer.

+1
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 06:38:42 PM

double-bummer.

He is a do'er. This just means he is busy making units, managing logistics, chips and units. Would you rather he cuddle you and stroke your hair, or get those units built?

mitak64

Activity: 254

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:43:49 PM

Seems like they have not shipped 3-module units without PSU either .
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:48:32 PM

I honestly doubt if you had purchased a 3-module B3 you would have that right now either.

Like last time, it appeared some people got B2 really early.  They got "older" designs (silver cases and/or earlier internals).  Then it took a month+ to really get more units out the door.

So far we have seen a few reports of Batch 3 being delivered, but they have all been Batch 2 designs (black w/ circular black grill) and my hypothesis is these were just "leftover" Batch 2s more or less.  (psu included also seems to confirm this)  My guess is we will see in a couple/few weeks a ton of Batch 3's being delivered with the square "cut" grill designs.  Probably with 4 module ones also.

Put another way:

I have a Batch 2 order that recently arrived (3-months late from original "claimed" B2 shipping dates).  I am waiting on a Batch 3 (3-module).  If you have been watching anything about Avalon shipping, it is basically random.  Your only real option is to suck it up like the rest of us.  Just because 1% of B3 was delivered thus far doesn't mean you got screwed due to ordering a 4 module unit.

johnny5 (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:10:01 PM

I honestly doubt if you had purchased a 3-module B3 you would have that right now either.

Like last time, it appeared some people got B2 really early.  They got "older" designs (silver cases and/or earlier internals).  Then it took a month+ to really get more units out the door.

So far we have seen a few reports of Batch 3 being delivered, but they have all been Batch 2 designs (black w/ circular black grill) and my hypothesis is these were just "leftover" Batch 2s more or less.  (psu included also seems to confirm this)  My guess is we will see in a couple/few weeks a ton of Batch 3's being delivered with the square "cut" grill designs.  Probably with 4 module ones also.

Put another way:

I have a Batch 2 order that recently arrived (3-months late from original "claimed" B2 shipping dates).  I am waiting on a Batch 3 (3-module).  If you have been watching anything about Avalon shipping, it is basically random.  Your only real option is to suck it up like the rest of us.  Just because 1% of B3 was delivered thus far doesn't mean you got screwed due to ordering a 4 module unit.
You make some very logical points.  Ya, 'twas a early morning bitchy rant, i can be such a diva sometimes.  /smh 
It does seem like a handful of pretty random deliveries so far, of B2 comparable gear.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:02:20 PM

double-bummer.

He is a do'er. This just means he is busy making units, managing logistics, chips and units. Would you rather he cuddle you and stroke your hair, or get those units built?

Dogie your snide tone is actually pretty ironic considering you are making money off of brokering Avalons. Bitcoin is supposed to be built around peer to peer trust, and a lot of people placed a lot of trust (and money) on Avalon. For you to make these kinds of pejorative remarks, insinuating that proper customer support on a $10,000 purchase would be akin to "cuddling and stroking [their] hair" is a bit outrageous. We are talking about millions of dollars here. Customer service is make or break, and people like to be informed about delays which could materially impact their expectations of profit from an otherwise useless SHA256 generator.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:19:37 AM

double-bummer.

Dogie your snide tone is actually pretty ironic considering you are making money off of brokering Avalons. Bitcoin is supposed to be built around peer to peer trust, and a lot of people placed a lot of trust (and money) on Avalon. For you to make these kinds of pejorative remarks, insinuating that proper customer support on a $10,000 purchase would be akin to "cuddling and stroking [their] hair" is a bit outrageous. We are talking about millions of dollars here. Customer service is make or break, and people like to be informed about delays which could materially impact their expectations of profit from an otherwise useless SHA256 generator.

All I am saying is this:

You guys are complaining the units aren't here yet
You guys are complaining he isn't active on the forums
Do you a) want him active on the forums all day or b) help get you your units?

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:29:18 AM

double-bummer.

All I am saying is this:

Do you really think he is doing what he should do when he is not active on the forums?
Begru

Activity: 349
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:25:18 AM

double-bummer.

All I am saying is this:

seems dogie is a very closed friend of Yifu....or more...
speak/wrote like him
think like him
dyseac

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:45:31 AM

double-bummer.

All I am saying is this:

With the amount of money bitsyncom has ripped off us all I'm sure they can afford to pay a PR person to answer questions on the forum.

All it takes is a 30 minute meeting each day to ask him priority questions and then relay them here or via twitter or on their website or whatever.

Yuffie is a dog and a shit business man period. - Hurry the fuck up and refund our money.
johnny5 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:31:59 PM

fwiw, i have DHL tracking number for my 4-module unit (seems like a lot of folks got shipping notifications w/in the past 24 hours).  So we can surmise that Avalon is indeed shipping 4 module units (w/PSU, thankfully my request to have the PSUs removed from the order was ignored).  It seems orders sans-PSUs (3 or 4 module) have not yet shipped, however.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:40:15 PM

All I am saying is this:

Do you really think he is doing what he should do when he is not active on the forums?

If you believe that, then why on earth did you order from him?

seems dogie is a very closed friend of Yifu....or more...
speak/wrote like him
think like him

Yes, I am indeed Yifu *sarcasm*

Omen1855

Activity: 111

Bitcoin Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:55:39 PM

I also received my DHL tracking nr for the 4 module orders one week later than the 3 module ones.

I never met Yifu, never spoke with him. Honestly people, I believe these guys try their hardest, but this forum is not really the most motivating place to be trying to sell mining hardware.

Affiliation code wTksie2mDj for a 10% discount on your trading fees on BitFinex
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:53:55 AM

I can't think of any friendly forum if you over promise, under deliver and have no updates... the natives get restless.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:47:15 AM

All I am saying is this:

If you believe that, then why on earth did you order from him?

I really wish I didn't! But unfortunately I am a human, not a saint! I cannot predict future.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:23:09 PM

Just so people know, B3 units with 4 modules have shipped.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:39:31 PM

Just so people know, B3 units with 4 modules have shipped.   

Now that B3 4-Modules are shipping... it might makes sense for the OP-er to lock this thread so it can die, as no longer relevant.
I am sure there will be a "it has been over 2-weeks... where is my B3 machine" thread elsewhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: