Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:17:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep my wallet safe?  (Read 280 times)
CanvinGale (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:31:33 AM

Guys, How to keep my wallet safe?

Where  can I buy cold wallets or what kind of services do you use?
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:20:53 AM

www.ledgerwallet.com/  good offline wallet flash drive! costs $ 80 very reliable, if lost or stolen, you can restore all the data through 24 code passwords!
bmartin44

Activity: 85
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:23:54 AM

www.ledgerwallet.com/  good offline wallet flash drive! costs $ 80 very reliable, if lost or stolen, you can restore all the data through 24 code passwords!

Yes, nowadays hardware wallets are pretty good in security, safe to keep and very easy to use.

brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:25:17 AM

how to keep your wallet safe
-read website what you want to go , and take care for copy website ( like steamcommunity to -> steamcommunlty -> the "i". )
- copy all your assest to something offline
salutuba

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:41:49 AM

yes i also recommend you www.ledgerwallet.com it,s safe.
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:45:01 AM

the best way is to have an hardware wallet, like somebody already pointed out, ledger wallet is also a pretty cheap solution to keep safe your BTC.
Even if you lose it, get burned, stolen with your recovery password (usually 12/24 words password) you can easily get a new one and recovery it just by putting the password and you are back on track.
On the other hand, if you lose your password you screwed yourself, better to carve it in stone to be 200% safer Smiley
chaki1992

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:31:04 PM

no. one thing to remember is not to share your password,
two is limit posting your wallet accounts into pages, only send it to people whom you are making transaction with.
three is changing your password every month or annually or quarterly.

Hope this help.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:33:47 PM

Blockchain  main wallet 3 tier security is enough for me
1. sms verification While login
2. Email verification while login from new ip.
3. Google autho. Code Time based. App

After three steps i will get authority to login my account . these all settings you can find in setting option.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:37:14 PM

Best are to use hardware and offline wallets if you are holding for long term. But they are not convenient for making everyday transactions. If you wish to hold some coins for everyday transactions like for trading, move them to  a hot wallet. You can use your desktop wallet as a hot wallet. Make sure your computer is free from malware and virus. And don't forget to backup your wallet.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:41:24 PM

Even if there are some online wallets that seem to be safe , I'd rather recommend offline wallets / wallet paper / hardware wallet which give more security since hackers can reach'em as there is no connection to internet
Reseler

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

just write down your private keys (on piece of paper) and put it into safe place. Or you can buy hardware wallet for example trezor
BitcoTK

Activity: 172

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:45:58 PM

I think Google auth is a best wallet safe system.Because its card is change every 30s.Can't any one hack it.its works in time base cords system.
mamabtc

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:49:08 PM

just write down your private keys (on piece of paper) and put it into safe place. Or you can buy hardware wallet for example trezor
yep, I also reccommend the Trezor wallet. It has a password manager, a pass phrase secuirty that when you enter the incorrect password it will generate a completely different wallet in case you have been forced to tell your password or simillar. it is super safe.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:50:47 PM

If you really want to have a secure wallet, I recommend downloading a wallet onto an external drive; hard-drive, solid-state, USB stick, whatever you think would work, then make multiple copies of it and have them all stored securely and in different locations you're aware of, so you can always make sure you have a backup in case something happens to one of the drives. If you want you can go a set further and get something like Electrum for your wallet and use the various passwords and security features on top of having a bunch of drives.

Alternatively, use an online service like blockchain.info, which has a lot of security features. But be aware that you are leaving your Bitcoin in someone else's hands and you have to hope it all goes well, they only have a guarantee of making your Bitcoin safe so their own business can grow.
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:54:10 PM

Guys, please, tell me, is ledger usb for 60 euros really safe? I mean, do u just copypast others reviews? I haven't seen it working at all cos any friends of mine doesnt have it.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:57:08 PM

Best are to use hardware and offline wallets if you are holding for long term. But they are not convenient for making everyday transactions. If you wish to hold some coins for everyday transactions like for trading, move them to  a hot wallet. You can use your desktop wallet as a hot wallet. Make sure your computer is free from malware and virus. And don't forget to backup your wallet.

If you holding the little fund or using for keep on exchanging it you no need to wait for buying the hardware wallet and all. It would be cost effective to you bro. So keep the bitcoins in the desktop wallet or paper wallet.
There are some users having fund in the paper wallet too. That is also not a bad idea guys. Simply if you keep secure your private key and not sharing the wallet.dat file means your fund will be secured.
howtobuy

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:12:48 PM

Use well known and trustworthy wallets or the best exchanges with high investments behind them
rynah011991

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:13:01 PM

Registering in a wallet will give you a password or private key to be kept in order to be safe or security of your wallet. Don't allow other people will use your personal device to log in theirs. if you log in to other device make sure that you log out.
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:17:58 PM

One of the ways to safe keep your wallet is to use 2FA security app.  Also have a hard copy of your private keys and pass word and keep them offline. Have a separate  email address for all your transactions from your regular email address.
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:19:11 PM

One of the best way to secure your wallet is to store it in a cold wallet, hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano or use a desktop wallet such as electrum. Just keep always safe your private key at all times. Be careful with the website that you are trying to visit, keep an eye if it is phising, double check it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: