Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the price is going down despite opening the Bitcoins future trading ?  (Read 157 times)
fiulpro (OP)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:45:29 PM

There is one thing that am unsure of.

We all know that CME was gonna invest in bitcoins and thus it was gonna get in the market by 18 December.

Well it has already started trading also according to sources 51 billion dollars are going to be used up in all of this process.

But why the price is falling since yesterday ?

Yes.. I am fully aware of the fact that..none of the business trading is gonna take place in... Real bitcoins instead they are gonna use the money and dollars ..

Still its gonna affect the Bitcoins prices indirectly.

Also since the cofounder have sold all his bitcoins and converted it into bitcoins cash, I don't know if the afterwaves of it is still hitting.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

I am not a pro trader but it seems like a common correction. Usually al the last time if something happens we can see like 1-2k changes per day. The price is goin down pretty slow fo it seems for me like a normal correction. Most of the altcoins are green so people might just buying alts now after the pump.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:58:02 PM

It is possible future trading is partially a cause of bitcoin's latest decline. I'll give you a scenario on how this might work. Imagine someone owns 2,000 bitcoin. Its guaranteed the value of bitcoin will decline if they dump their HODL.

The advent of crypto futures could allow them to profit further off their dump with leveraged short selling(short selling is betting the price of something will decline to profit off of decreases in value btw)

The way this would work in practice is, the holder of 2,000 btc would create a short order on a crypto futures exchange with maximum leverage. Then they would dump all their btc holdings causing the value of btc to decline. This would guarantee their leveraged short play would hit giving them added profits on top of whatever they gained via HODL.

It may not be a coincidence that bitcoin dropped not long after futures went into effect, although we've have to wait awhile to see whether what I'm saying is confirmed it seems too obvious a method of exploiting the system for someone to not take advantage of it.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:25:22 PM

This is the common reaction of correction, we have see  the price going up in a strange phenomenal, everyone is buying and buying, there will be a time people sell the coin for profit so it is down, and due  to the some  issue about bitcoin banning, and some investors sell the  coin to make profit in alt coins, but everything will be back, and I am excited about bitcoin future, I waiting to see what can bitcoin future do for us
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:32:39 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 09:57:50 AM by farhaan

It has already been said that bitcoin futures would not have any direct impact on bitcoin's price.So,this is a normal action which always exist in bitcoin,price increase and decrease.Fall in bitcoin price has no connection with bitcoin.com's co-founder selling his bitcoins.He is just a friend of the great bitcoin anti christ roger ver.These guys have no interest in bitcoin and their only aim is to pump BCH and replace bitcoin with it.But that would only remain a dream.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:33:04 PM

We all know that CME was gonna invest in bitcoins and thus it was gonna get in the market by 18 December.

Well it has already started trading also according to sources 51 billion dollars are going to be used up in all of this process.

Yes.. I am fully aware of the fact that..none of the business trading is gonna take place in... Real bitcoins instead they are gonna use the money and dollars ..

Also since the cofounder have sold all his bitcoins and converted it into bitcoins cash, I don't know if the afterwaves of it is still hitting.

It's simple. It's just a usual correction due to the strong rise we've been seeing this past month. Bitcoin (if you look into the past few months) has been following a pretty cyclical pattern. There's a strong rise and then we see a small fraction of that rise as a drop amount during a correction period. Don't worry. As we get more news about the future of Bitcoin and Blockchain's use in upcoming technologies, we'll see the rise back and the cycle continue.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:26:31 AM

The reason why price of bitcoin was being falls down because other country has banned bitcoin and too many country has affraid about bitcoin. So that many investors had a doubt to invest thier money here in bitcoin .they also consider bitcoin as an illigal thing so that it can decrese uts price. But i believed that bitcoin price was back and increase not now but next day or the other day 

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Let's clarify this. Co-founder of Bitcoin.com. Not Bitcoin. Satoshi is the only one who founded Bitcoin. The other guy is a Bitcoin Cash shill. I must also note that Roger Ver, the owner of the same site is still holding his Bitcoins.

The drop probably has more to do with the co-founder noise rather than Bitcoin futures. I mean look at this forum. People seem convinced that Bitcoin had a co-founder and that he gave up on Bitcoin. Read up guys.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:04:54 AM

It's simple. It's just a usual correction due to the strong rise we've been seeing this past month. Bitcoin (if you look into the past few months) has been following a pretty cyclical pattern. There's a strong rise and then we see a small fraction of that rise as a drop amount during a correction period. Don't worry. As we get more news about the future of Bitcoin and Blockchain's use in upcoming technologies, we'll see the rise back and the cycle continue.

This is correct, to  be honest many traders are actually expecting a correction because of the price right now is really inflated. Also there is a recent catalyst in this price drop as the founder of bitcoin.com sold all his bitcoin because of the risk as he said. We may expect the price to go down further before another big rise.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:17:41 AM

Let's clarify this. Co-founder of Bitcoin.com. Not Bitcoin. Satoshi is the only one who founded Bitcoin. The other guy is a Bitcoin Cash shill. I must also note that Roger Ver, the owner of the same site is still holding his Bitcoins.

The drop probably has more to do with the co-founder noise rather than Bitcoin futures. I mean look at this forum. People seem convinced that Bitcoin had a co-founder and that he gave up on Bitcoin. Read up guys.

Jseverson people here should read more, much more then they read
now. Some people here do not have basic knowledge about Bitcoins.
   People do not know that market is not behave in the way they wish it,
there are many reasons why price is moving so much.
   Many people here is still not aware of that war between Core and Cash,
I can not say that I understand everything but in what I saw some of Core
supporters have better arguments than Rodger Ver and other Cash supporters.
   I saw that BitPay will list BitcoinCash or BitCash, decide how do you wish to
call it. Even they are arguing for some time looks like both coins are going up
and gaining more popularity, is there enough space in this world for both?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:34:45 AM

Bitcoin was stable around $18500 for quite a few days now but suddenly there is a drop in it's price. The owner of the famous bitcoin website decides to switch to Bitcoin cash at the same time Coinbase decides to support Bitcoin Cash. Doesn't this ring a bell in your mind ? There is definitely something fishy about this whole scene and from my experience I can say that it is a planned pump which is going to dump soon.
A similar pump and dump happened a few weeks back when BCH spiked up all of a sudden and then dumped with many bag holders crying.
This might be a similar thing. It would be better to stay away.
Pleione527

Merit: 111

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:44:32 AM

Bitcoin is dropping because that is its nature and it has nothing to do with the opening of trading site, bitcoin will always fluctuates there are times it will pump and will drop but that's normal and nothing to get worried about besides in every drop of bitcoin a new highest record in price was declare so better invest if we can and hold and wait till the price pump again.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:51:40 AM

Co-founder has sold all his Btc for BCH, a bit much this is very spur current prices.
Many people who cynical founders are indeed supporters of Bitcoin Cash from the beginning, so this becomes FUD. But it does get big, the price drops very sharply, plus Network becomes very busy, many transactions are stuck in 1 this week.
What exactly happened before and last?
Gabz999

Merit: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:59:24 AM

I am not a pro trader but it seems like a common correction. Usually al the last time if something happens we can see like 1-2k changes per day. The price is goin down pretty slow fo it seems for me like a normal correction. Most of the altcoins are green so people might just buying alts now after the pump.
I agree with you! after reaching its ATH price, I think its normal for the price to drop to make a correction for it. I my self also thinks why it's not moving straight upward, I dont see any of the cause for it to drop down but after realizing that every ATH seems to have their correction.

In the case of co-founder that he sell his bitcoins and changing his mind to go to Bitcoin Cash, we don't know how he thinks but who know? maybe he has plan in the future in bitcoin cash.
Acquaint Project

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:07:20 AM

Future Trading doesn't always mean a price increase, especially in commodities,
depending on how you view Bitcoin obviously.

Because the market is still pretty small right now, manipulation is very easy,
either in publications or trade positions  etc and there's people that will always take
advantage of that i.e Roger Ver and crew. It's paramount to study Bitcoin and
understand it's a relatively new technology and it's always going to be bullish in the
long term, however all sorts of things can happen in the short term.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:22:13 AM

Bitcoin is dropping because that is its nature and it has nothing to do with the opening of trading site, bitcoin will always fluctuates there are times it will pump and will drop but that's normal and nothing to get worried about besides in every drop of bitcoin a new highest record in price was declare so better invest if we can and hold and wait till the price pump again.

I agree ,bitcoin drop and its part of its nature, i don't think it's a bad news for us i didn't see any wrong, because for me this is the right time to buy bitcoin while the price are going down .
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 6294

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:50:07 PM

1. Give a reason why it should..

2. What co-founder you're talking about? Roger? He is not a founder, and that term can';t be applied to bitcoin no matter how you try.
Not only that, but do you have a real proof he has sold all his bitcoins?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:42:19 PM

This is correct, to  be honest many traders are actually expecting a correction because of the price right now is really inflated. Also there is a recent catalyst in this price drop as the founder of bitcoin.com sold all his bitcoin because of the risk as he said. We may expect the price to go down further before another big rise.
Another reason can be because the traffic overflow which resulted in the crash of one exchange and the panic in the market started. Due to that panic a lot of common people and investors have taken their money out of this crypto currency and invested them in other crypto currencies. Now the algorithm says that the price of bitcoin will rise if the demand is increased, and here we can see that a bit of users have taken out their money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: