Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction Issue. How is this possible?  (Read 160 times)
eaglewhite80 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:19:52 AM

Not sure where to post this though, but I am sure the mods will help out if it is the wrong place. And I am new to this and also tried some google search but did not get any pleasing answer.

I tried withdrawing some good amount of bitcoin from my freebitco.in wallet which is not the first time anyway, and it has been over 2 days now but it has not been confirmed. However, this transaction has been added to a block for over 24 hours and still not confirmed. Usually, I know the mempool may be full, and from the little knowledge I have garnered, once your transaction has been added to a block, it should at least get confirmed.

Right now though, this seems to be otherwise and may be there is a point I am missing here, but is it that this transaction is purposely being skipped by miners or it is just something that is normal which can happen even when your transaction has been added in a block?

Here is the transaction hash; https://blockchain.info/tx/36da0189deeef9c1722be6ec587ff756b0560e69bfe68448b986c760fd6acf85

Pardon my ignorance if the question sounds stupid to you, but the blockchain technology is not something you can get to know everything about it over night.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:26:54 AM

ive been using freebitco.in as a wallet for 4 months now and i dont experience any problem just like yours.  are you using automatic withdraw every sunday? because automatic withdraw usually takes more than 1 to 2 days to completely procces your transactions. slow transactions take more than 5 to 6 hours to be process and fast only takes 15 to 30 minutes. also have you check the correct wallet before withdrawing? maybe you missed some numbers or letters after pasting it.

EDIT: i  just accelerate you transaction via antpool. hope it helps
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:28:52 AM

Is this a segwit or vanilla bitcoin transaction?
eaglewhite80 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:29:12 PM

ive been using freebitco.in as a wallet for 4 months now and i dont experience any problem just like yours.  are you using automatic withdraw every sunday? because automatic withdraw usually takes more than 1 to 2 days to completely procces your transactions. slow transactions take more than 5 to 6 hours to be process and fast only takes 15 to 30 minutes. also have you check the correct wallet before withdrawing? maybe you missed some numbers or letters after pasting it.

EDIT: i  just accelerate you transaction via antpool. hope it helps

I have been using it too but this seems not to be the fault of freebitco.in but the network and which is kind of amusing. I do not use the automatic withdraw as I disabled the function. I made use of the slow one that takes about 5 hours before it is sent. This has been sent already and the funny thing is that it is added to a block already for almost 24 hours now and still not confirmed, which was what got my attention.

Thanks for accelerating it via antpool, I hope that works. However, I used the rebroadcast method yesterday by generating hex for the transaction and using on antpool website and some other ones, as I learned it works and still nothing. Not sure if this is the same thing you have done though.

Is this a segwit or vanilla bitcoin transaction?
Grin I would call it Vanilla actually.
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Not sure where to post this though, but I am sure the mods will help out if it is the wrong place. And I am new to this and also tried some google search but did not get any pleasing answer.

I tried withdrawing some good amount of bitcoin from my freebitco.in wallet which is not the first time anyway, and it has been over 2 days now but it has not been confirmed. However, this transaction has been added to a block for over 24 hours and still not confirmed. Usually, I know the mempool may be full, and from the little knowledge I have garnered, once your transaction has been added to a block, it should at least get confirmed.

Right now though, this seems to be otherwise and may be there is a point I am missing here, but is it that this transaction is purposely being skipped by miners or it is just something that is normal which can happen even when your transaction has been added in a block?

Here is the transaction hash; https://blockchain.info/tx/36da0189deeef9c1722be6ec587ff756b0560e69bfe68448b986c760fd6acf85

Pardon my ignorance if the question sounds stupid to you, but the blockchain technology is not something you can get to know everything about it over night.
OP your transaction has not been added to a block, so it has not been confirmed.
If you mean the "lock time" then that is a different thing entirely.
That doesn't mean it has been added, it just means that those outputs can't be spent before that block.

For reference, this is an example of a confirmed transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/347a15d10804fb7f2ee2a07ea67da975021175872fa47dee3054ce58a8863300
eaglewhite80 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:26:00 PM

OP your transaction has not been added to a block, so it has not been confirmed.
If you mean the "lock time" then that is a different thing entirely.
That doesn't mean it has been added, it just means that those outputs can't be spent before that block.

For reference, this is an example of a confirmed transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/347a15d10804fb7f2ee2a07ea67da975021175872fa47dee3054ce58a8863300

Oh! I have always been mistaking that for transaction being added to a block. It sounds a bit confusing though, but I think that answers it for me. I will do some research on what you have just said.

Thanks a lot bro! Phew!! There is still a lot to learn and take in.
eaglewhite80 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:39:52 PM

OK! I think I have more questions now. From what Xynerise told me, I just did some digging and then found out here https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/46495/what-does-lock-time-means (for those who care), that the locktime cannot be accepted by the network unless the blockheight is exceeded.

Now, trying to find the latest blockheight, I bumped into this site (https://blockexplorer.com/) and I noticed that the latest block now is 500405 whereas my lock time block shows 500108. That is like some huge hour difference since a new block is mined every 10 minutes if I am right and that has brought in room for more questions in my head now that I ma trying hard to find answers to.

Here is my block https://blockexplorer.com/block/0000000000000000006bd1ce0425f3ffb2366a41d2c47ef12e28c6eefd60717f
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

OK! I think I have more questions now. From what Xynerise told me, I just did some digging and then found out here https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/46495/what-does-lock-time-means (for those who care), that the locktime cannot be accepted by the network unless the blockheight is exceeded.
Yes, that's how it works.
It means the transaction, not the lock time, will not be accepted by the bitcoin network unless the "lock time", specified in bitcoin block height, has passed.

Now, trying to find the latest blockheight, I bumped into this site (https://blockexplorer.com/) and I noticed that the latest block now is 500405 whereas my lock time block shows 500108. That is like some huge hour difference since a new block is mined every 10 minutes if I am right and that has brought in room for more questions in my head now that I ma trying hard to find answers to.
The fact that your lock time block height has passed does not mean that your transaction has been included into a block, rather it means that now, the transaction CAN be included in a block.
If your transaction specified a lock time of 600,000, then your transaction CAN NOT be mined UNTIL block 600,000 has passed.
If a miner includes that transaction in a block, it will be invalid to other nodes on the network -- same as if a miner tries to create a Coinbase transaction paying himself 300 bitcoins instead of 12.5 -- and the block will be discarded.

eaglewhite80 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:21:56 PM

Thanks a lot for the clarification Xynerise, you are the best. I get it now totally. New knowledge everyday. The whole thing was a bit confusing at first and I really appreciate you for taking the time to explain it all. Although it is taking years to get this confirmed, and what I even wanted to use the funds for, I could not again and I guess I am at the mercy of miners now. I hope this scaling issue is finally taken care of.

Cheers bro!
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:45:11 PM

Yes, it is a common thing these days due to blockchain network gets flooded, too many transactions waiting to be included in a block which generates every 10 minutes.
The only thing here is miners always looking for higher fees to executed, and let other transactions with low fees stranded out of nowhere waiting for days or even weeks, as my last transaction was December 14th but still not confirmed due to I paid a low fee  Grin. So, if freebitco willing to pay higher fees, about 800-900 sats/byte, it will get confirmed within 30 min -1 hour, maybe Cheesy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: