Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:10:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining electricity usage help  (Read 142 times)
iris9er (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

Hey I've been into crypto since 2 years recently I tought I'd give mining a try now the prob is I wanna get two s7 which will consume 2.5kwh and will cost me 360$ month as my electricity is 0.18$kw/h but as I'll be mining bch I calculated I'll be in profit so heres the real problem I live in a military garrison and rules are pretty strict here I want to mine but am afraid my electricity supply complany will notify the military police as I'll be using alot of energy in a non-commercial buildings so will using 2.5kw/h 24x7 be a problem with electricity suppliers? btw I live in Pakistan
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshuaj

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:40:07 AM

Hey I've been into crypto since 2 years recently I tought I'd give mining a try now the prob is I wanna get two s7 which will consume 2.5kwh and will cost me 360$ month as my electricity is 0.18$kw/h but as I'll be mining bch I calculated I'll be in profit so heres the real problem I live in a military garrison and rules are pretty strict here I want to mine but am afraid my electricity supply complany will notify the military police as I'll be using alot of energy in a non-commercial buildings so will using 2.5kw/h 24x7 be a problem with electricity suppliers? btw I live in Pakistan

Actually it is quite straight forward, if your electricity bill cannot cope you mining, then you better stop. There is no tricky way for ASIC miner.

iris9er (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:16:33 PM

Actually it is quite straight forward, if your electricity bill cannot cope you mining, then you better stop. There is no tricky way for ASIC miner.
well my electricity bill doesn't have anything to do with it it's actually private house electricity usage limitation will using 2600watts 24x7 will be a problem as I've read it can result in a raid if you have alot of electricity ussage in a non commercial house
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 05:21:27 PM

you might need to call the power company , and tell them why you are ging to use 2.5kwh/24 hours a day.

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:50:53 PM

well my electricity bill doesn't have anything to do with it it's actually private house electricity usage limitation will using 2600watts 24x7 will be a problem as I've read it can result in a raid if you have alot of electricity ussage in a non commercial house

Well, if you are too concerned about 'military garrison' you better take care of it first and I think 0.18$kw/h isn't a small amount!

Not sure how much you earn on two S7 but you may get more bill with that heavy usage.

If you think that if your military personal knows about your mining and it will jeopardise your occupation, i would suggest you to look for an alternative location. Good Luck. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:56:05 PM

They'll definitely see 2.5kwh usage - to put that in perspective, my whole house base average consumption is less than at, so they'll know something is going on.  Occasional spikes will happen when cooking or drying clothes, but something consuming power like that all the time will probably give them pause...

If you really want to mine in that situation, just pick up two GTX 1080 TI's and put them in your tower computer and mine with that.  It will still have a decent return and the fun of mining, but also not scream "I'm doing something crazy here!", and consume less than 1kwh.
iris9er (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:12:45 AM

thanks for the replies so I tought maybe if I can use 1 r4 foor house mining it uses just 800watts and will cost me 90$/month I might not have too worry about commercial use as r4 uses 3 times lower conssuption than 2 s7's?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: