Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forking, forky Forks??? found my bitcoin wallet......  (Read 70 times)
Azoth928 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:00:39 PM

Hi all.

Second post so be gentle ;-)

Was going to post a new thread but hoped you can confirm what I think.

Waaaaaay back in 2012 or 2013 I bought a couple of bitcoin. Have just found the backup file and it was on the core wallet.

Have dowloaded the core and its syncing.....this could take a while.

So the question is.... If I can access the 2 bitcoin in my wallet, does this mean I have;

2 BTC
2 BTG
2 Bitcoin cash

Is there a new thing BTX or Super BT....Diamond... I have also??

Never used/moved or traded the coins. Is someone going to tell me that I can only buy a 12" Pepperonni with it now as they have not been used and in an old wallet since these forking, forky, forks have happened?

Thanks so much for any help.

:-)

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

Hello
Congrats on your discovery.
Yes, it means you have all of bitcoin fork coins. And you can sell them and have even more coins:)
But you will need to do some homework to get those coins Smiley
Good luck!

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:17:57 PM

If you had that bitcoin from before before fork and you are still holding your bitcoin you get your fork coins which is bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash.
To get those coins you need to coinomi but first you should transfer your bitcoin to new wallet before you get your bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash..
After you transfer your bitcoin to new wallet you should get the private keys from your old bitcoin address and import it in coinomi and you will get your 2 BTG and BCH..
Azoth928 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:20:17 PM

Wow Thanks for the info......need to set aside time to research all this stuff....

Thanks again and have a great time over the holiday :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: