Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 04:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the bitcoin holder dies  (Read 847 times)
HackS

Activity: 86
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

Most probably he will take it to his grave and the btc he has will be gone with him as well not unless a great hacker could hack his wallet address. It will stay where he has it secured and if he has not told anyone about it then yes it is considered dead too.
That's not allowed even in that case , anyway some of relatives should know his mail .. You know the rest. Tongue (anyway who ordered kill hahah)
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:13:40 PM

If such a situation prevails this will go unused until an user has informed to a person who is a relative to him or the one who is close to him. The value gets added to the total number of bitcoin into circulation. This won't affect the growth of the cryptocurrency network.
HackS

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:14:43 PM

He will take them to the afterlife and be rich there.

hahahaha

good joke, you knew that in the earliest times there were cultures that where when someone died, they buried this person with their belongings.

This is a very serious concern. When someone dies it becomes something very problematic because besides the lack that this person gives us we have to deal with the goods that this person who died left. the banks take a lot of time to give the insurance values and there are more others bureaucracies involved. If you want someone to benefit from your bitcoin after your death, this person needs to know that you have bitcoin, your password and private keys. But you do it this movement (tell someone that you have X bitcoin, give your password, give your private key) you are at risk of being robbed. Unfortunately in today's world even the person you love the most in the world can fool and steal you. So the question you should have is:

when is someone trustworthy enough to give pasword and private keys?

anyway  devs should also think about connecting wallet to sim , something like credit card (and I know that is insecure and big project)...
Findingnemo

Activity: 2422
Merit: 805

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:15:05 PM

Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
If family member knows no problem. What if not
If someone dies then we need the private key of his wallet to access the bitcoin or else there is now way to use it.it will be buried with the owner.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
XaurumGamma

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:18:11 PM

Then nobody can have this btc... lost forever if no privat key
handsomes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:02:18 PM

maybe the transaction will be stop because there is nothing to operate or hold a bitcoin and can permanently lose it.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:04:41 PM

maybe the transaction will be stop because there is nothing to operate or hold a bitcoin and can permanently lose it.
Yes this is what I understand, once the person dies and no one knows his personal or private keys of all his wallet. Obviously no one can access the wallet and cannot transfer to anyone unless atleast one person knows all his private keys.
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless

If you're the only one having your bitcoins, they get lost forever in this case. It's not possible to recover them without knowing the necessary information about your wallet.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2660
Merit: 572

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:12:08 PM

Dear team

then it is gone, stuck forever in that wallet account. that is why some project see that case and create project to help with it. like Wish, not gonna promoted because their ICO is already over but their project is to solve problem like this
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:13:28 PM

Dear team

If you're the only one having your bitcoins, they get lost forever in this case. It's not possible to recover them without knowing the necessary information about your wallet.

Yes , if you we are in a serious condition we will have to give our private details to our lovable persons. They can benefited

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:14:29 PM

therefore while we are alive we must have someone who can be believed that if it happens can be a very valuable inheritance for those around us.
do not store valuable assets without any one know.
merszxc

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:16:28 PM

Useless bitcoin if you tell to your family and teach them how to get you bitcoin there are no worry about
poletando

Activity: 364

PlayGame.com

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:19:07 PM

hahah its right if the family dont know what is the address and the private key its useless. so i think it will better if you note your private key in the paper and save it, it will so risky if somebody steal our paper and know what is bitcoin and they take them all

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
goaldigger

Activity: 2422
Merit: 357

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

I started to get curious also. Maybe his earnings will be stock in his wallet because he cannot be or hard to traced due to his anonymously. It will be better if someone close to him or his relative knows his wallet and transfer the coins to them after because its to useless if it was only stocked there for good.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:31:32 PM

Dear team

Then the whole amount of BTC which he had will be locked forever in his private key because there is no nominee contract in blockchain. check out this thread of mine which explains how many bitcoins have been lost merely due to such things. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2466779.msg25267961#msg25267961
jundel

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:36:53 PM

Well, it is sad to die. Also the BTC will die and wont recover if theres none knows how to recover your accounts, passwords etc.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:37:15 PM

Dear team

Well.... So the bitcoin will be dead too with the owner if there are no people who know about the private key of the bitcoin forever and i think it is good due to about 100 bitcoin was gone and the price will always keep increasing or at least the price of bitcoin will be stable due to the dumpers of bitcoin with 100 bitcoin is gone, that is the problem for their families but i think it is good for the price of the bitcoin to be more expensive in the future.
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:38:41 PM

It will be lost but most likely no one will know they are lost. The maximum number of Bitcoins will be 21 million but there are lost coins, some of which are known, but many lost coins no one knows about. It's hard to say how much if an impact this will have on price, but if these coins are never going to be sold, then the supply is basically lower because of it.

If you have Bitcoins that you are holding, I recommend that you leave instructions on how to recover them with your spouse or other family members. You could leave this in your will or in a safe deposit box where they will find it if you die.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:38:51 PM

Will be gone forever unless he left the details (info and some private key for example) on a piece of paper (always good idea) that his family can find

Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:39:01 PM

Well in that case a  million of dollars would just get wasted and literally freeze .
Bitcoin does not work like banks and never look into other wallets which are frozen for years . That would just stay there for the time to come . That would be best in that case to give out  some wallet information to someone you love and you can trust . There is  no better way to to deal with it.   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: