Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Bitcoin to Bitcoincash Wallet in Bitrex - funds gone?!?!?!  (Read 62 times)
cryptomaniaaa (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:19:24 PM

Hi All, I'm new here on this forum.  I really need help, because I have a major issue.   

I accidently sent 2797,21 euro off bitcoins to my Bitcoin Cash wallet within Bitrex. Off course nothing came into the wallet, the moment I confirmed, short after this I directly knew that I made a mistake.  Do you guys think that I can get my funds back?  I guess that I need the private key of the BCC wallet of Bitrex right?

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

With kind regards,

Cryptomaniaaa

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

I accidently sent 2797,21 euro off bitcoins to my Bitcoin Cash wallet within Bitrex. Off course nothing came into the wallet, the moment I confirmed, short after this I directly knew that I made a mistake.  Do you guys think that I can get my funds back?  I guess that I need the private key of the BCC wallet of Bitrex right?
Bittrex's Recover Policy states they'll only recover deposits that exceed $5000, and charge 0.1BTC for this. So based on their policy, your funds are lost.
You could ask Bittrex's support, but they'res overloaded for a long time now, so don't expect them to respond soon Sad This policy may or may not change in the future, and I'm kinda hoping someone will take legal action against this at some point. Maybe a class action lawsuit is possible, as a lawsuit will cost more than $5000.

cryptomaniaaa (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:33:53 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, I already sent them an e-mail. 
Hopefully they can fix it for me... otherwise I'm $$#$%$#%#$#@#$%
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: