Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATES] CryptoCoin Explorer III Development Updates (CryptoCoinExplorer.com)  (Read 6908 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:06:37 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 05:17:14 PM by dreamwatcher

CryptoCoinExplorer

The CCE3 test has moved to test version 3.98!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262539.msg3177164#msg3177164

All test explorers are now running test version 3.98

New in this version:

Complete database integrity and automated recovery system
Complete removal of all per coin custom coding in the modules.
General clean-up and tighter code. Started basic code comment documentation.

Primecoin
http://xpm.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Goldcoin
http://gold.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Federation Credits
http://ufc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Klingon Darsek
http://ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com
- Temporary Down until KED relauch

Gold Pressed latinum
http://gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Cthulhu Offering
http://off.cryptocoinexplorer.com

BottleCaps

http://cap.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Cubits

http://qbt.cryptocoinexplorer.com

I believe a separate thread is needed for the development of CCE III, as it is a large project not only in the sense of CCE, but as a new development tool for other developers.

CryptoCoin Explorer III  Update:

History:

CCE started as the PPC explorer when PPC was released in August 2012.
Note: About three weeks until the PPC one year anniversary August 16!

Terracoin and Freicoin followed as they were released.

The CryptoCoin Explorer site came online November 14, 2012

Novacoin, BBQ, Feathercoin and Bytecoin became part of CCE.

Since this April: Bitbar, Digitalcoin, CHNCoin, JKC, Franko, Goldcoin, Worldcoin and Craftcoin have been added.

CCE is now spread across two decent sized VPS.

CCE has a Alexa global rank of  280,031. Although I do not have any detailed metrics installed on the site, I have seen estimates of 5000 – 10000 hits a day. The site sends out about 10GB of data a day over both servers.

A couple of months ago I updated the look and feel of CCE which I called CCE 2.

About a month ago I decided to write completely new explorer software from scratch.  There were a few additions to the API being worked on and the bigger issue of resources versus the number of coins coming on the market. I also wanted to provide a one stop site for coin information as it became harder to search and find information for all the new coins.

It became clear shortly after I put the first few explorers online, CCE became a trusted source for block chain information. I take that responsibility seriously,  and part of the reasons for the rewrite is to give the community an even larger source of information in both number of coins and quantity of information. I also want both new and experienced alt-coin users to have a place to go and get links to official sources of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:06:49 PM

CryptoCoin Explorer III:

Current goals:

1. Lighter and faster implementation of block explorer.

2. Coin homepages acting an information center for the coins. Each homepage will have:
   A. Network Hash Rate (Hourly, Daily, and Weekly where possible)
   B. Basic information on the last five blocks
   C. Top 5 account balances – In the new explorer, balances for accounts are updated every block.This means no more restrictions on how many transactions an account can have to be displayed
   D.  Possibility Market tickers (Volume, Top 5 prices with depth from 2 exchanges)
   E.   Basic coin info (Official website, forum, source, bitcointalk.org thread)
   F. Technical info (RPC and P2P ports, address version, network prefix, target times, etc.)

3. Time localization options. Explorers can be set to display times in a particular time zone.

4. Developers message box. This would allow developers to place announcements and messages on their coins' CCE home page.

5. Subscription based polled API support. Other site administrators would be able to subscribe for API information that will work much like LP works in mining. Possibility with some customization as to the information they want sent.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:07:02 PM

Open versus Closed source:

Eventually part of the new explorer will become open source. I am writing a tool system that can be used to create other applications that depend on block chain information. This system will gather data from the coin daemon, populate a database and provide a basic query system. It will be adaptable to any information one can get from the coin daemon and its configuration will almost be completely database driven. The configuration file will only need to point the system to the database it is to work with.
The ultimate goal will automatically sort the information keys it receives from the daemon based on column names and disregard keys that do not have columns. The system written so far does work that way, but code customization is still needed at this point for embedded objects in the JSON output of the daemon (Embedded lists for example. Python sees them as a list object inside a Dict. object.)

The final system will let anybody setup a customized block chain database by simply setting up tables and columns. A configuration table would tell it what commands to issue and in which tables to sort and store the results. I also believe this table will be where one defines the objects within objects stored in the key values it gets from the daemon.

One could build any alt-coin application from it, including of course a block explorer.  I will be keeping the CCE block explorer application of this tool private. Though I will probably provide a basic block explorer example in the source.

And so on.....

CCE is not run by a team of developers. I am the sole developer of CCE. Although CCE and this new project are quite large projects I have taken on, I believe it will benefit the alt-coin community greatly.

This also means, aside from donations, I am the sole financial support for CCE. I appreciate all the donations received and I am not writing this to beg for more donations (though they would be extremely helpful). Donations fall way short of costs in both servers and my time.
I have tried to acquire funding through the opening of pools (cryptocoinmine.com), but the pools have ended up losing money rather then gaining it. I am going to shut down CryptoCoin mine completely except for the Goldcoin pool as the Goldcoin community has shown outstanding support for the pool. I may open a Primecoin pool at a later date after the parameters of how such a pool would work best is established.

This means I am going to move to advertising on the new explorers. In the past I have been very much against it, but I see no other choice at this time. I will keep them them as small and unobtrusive as possible and my plan is only one advertisement banner at the bottom of each page. I have made no decisions on who I am going to use for advertising, but it is coming in CCE III.

I will setup a website mock-up of the look of CCE III sometime in the near future. Until then, back to the world of getting coin daemons, python applications and databases to play nice with each other.  Huh  Cheesy
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:35:44 PM

these are really very good ideas you want to implement!! i like it!
please provide an good API (better than the one from abe) for getting data from each coin. i would definitely pay for such a service because i want to use some data on www.cryptocoincharts.info for my new version 2 Wink
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 11:39:29 PM

Quick update:

The database propagation and update system is finished with the alpha stage and will move to beta as soon as the web server application is ready for beta.

I am working on the web server now, so it will not be long before a beta version is up and live on the internet.

The beta will be a PrimeCoin explorer. The first beta will be an explorer only with no API. I feel it is better to get the bugs out of the general explorer before adding the API to narrow down the troubleshooting as the API for the most part is a JSON extension of the explorer.

The web server is written around CherryPY. This means the Beta will be a port address as I do not want to deal with Apache/CGI wrappers. I would rather troubleshoot head on and not discover issues later when Apache is removed from the servers and CCE goes full CherryPy.

I am hoping to have it up before the end of the week, but I am hopeful it will be up within a couple of days. The web server development has hit its stride and is moving along smoothly.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 09:39:39 AM

http://cryptocoinexplorer2.com:5555/

I have put up a live alpha/beta of Explorer III.

This is a PrimeCoin Explorer.

-At this stage only the basic explorer is online, none of the extra features are active yet.

-Search function is not implemented yet, however the URL scheme is simple, and searching by hand quite easy.

-There are a couple of known bugs - for example the transactions on some blocks do not show correctly.

-Spent output field in the transaction page is not implemented yet

This is strictly a testing stage, so expect the explorer to be up and down as bugs are fixed and features are added.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 12:46:02 AM

Phase two of testing the new explorer design has begun.

http://cryptocoinexplorer2.com:5555

This version has all (I Hope  Cheesy),the logic issues from test version one fixed and working for the basic explorer.

The address page is still limited to the running balance of the address. However, test version 3 is already well under way and it will have the full transaction history of the address available along with the "spent output' field on the transaction page. The search system should be in place (At most by test version 3.5), but manual searching can be done by simply observing the url addresses a bit and placing your own values in place of the explorer generated values in the url.

Test version 4 is slated to incorporate most of the 'frills' features on the Homepage of the explorer.

Test version 5 will be in the incorporation of the API.
powpow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Developer

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:56:53 AM

I checked out your new explorer.  It's very smooth and responsive.   I didn't play with the API, I assume it's similar to Abe defaults?

The only thing from a user perspective that I didn't find great, is the design.  The colors really remind of a 90s or early 2000 website.  I would suggest trying something a little more engaging.  Some sites that come to mind our the layouts of blockchain.info or cryptonit.net -- the white with lighter blue seems to be the more modern look these days.  If you prefer darker colors, I think that cryptocoincharts.info looks amazing with it's Holo style.

Just some feedback, great site -- I heavily rely on your service and it's really appreciated!
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:25:30 PM

The API is not active yet, we are still a few stages away from testing it.

You are right about the color scheme, I thought it needed some tweaking myself, so I have redone some of the theme with lighter colors and plan to add a Nav. bar across the top of the pages.

New testing announcement:

I will be parallel testing the CCE explorer rewrite with Goldcoin along with the current testing with Primecoin starting a bit later today. I am generating the database now and when ready I will upload everything to the CCE server. I will then provide the address for using(testing) the Goldcoin version of the new explorer code.

The current ABE based Goldcoin explorer will remain running unchanged until all the testing is complete and all of CCE gets converted.

Just remember, these are TEST versions and are subject to go down, crash or be inaccurate. Although inaccuracy is unlikely as the first two stages of testing have weeded out the few serious logic issues in the basic explorer. One always has the current ABE based explorer(GLD) or Block Crawlers(XPM) to compare to.  Cheesy

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

The Goldcoin test explorer is up and running!  Cheesy

http://cryptocoinexplorer2.com:7777

Remember both of these are test versions, once complete they will look complete, unlike now  Grin
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 10:17:44 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 10:53:00 PM by dreamwatcher

I have a question for coin developers:

How long does it take the daemon to realize it has an orphan block in its chain and insert the correct block?

I have run into an issue where the daemon will trip a database update through block notify and the db update module will query the daemon for the block information and get an orphan block.

The solution I want to use is to simply back compare the block hash stored in the database to the daemon response to getblockhash a second time. If they are not the same update the database entry for that block and related transactions with the new accurate information.

I could simply back check every update, but that will leave false block information on the block explorer until the next block is solved.

Is the correction quicker? Could I back check right after entering the block information, or could the routine request a block hash, wait a couple of seconds, and request again before updating the database?

The only problem I see to the later is the super fast coins (10-25 second target times).

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:56:11 AM

Quick update:

Many things have been going on behind the scenes. Mosty the boring kind of stuff nobody sees... Cheesy

I have greatly optimized the web sever code, basically cutting the number of lines of code in half. At the same time, I also incorporated techniques to lock down against SQL injection. This paves the way to publishing search pages.
The optimized web server code is now up. I am not going to consider this a version update as no features have been added.

The database has also been improved to allow for the home page features.

I am still a bit on the fence about what to do about orphan blocks, hopefully I can finally sync up with some of the coin developers and get a discussion going. I sometimes keep some strange hours, so it can be tough to meet on or offline.

For now the plan is to check the previous block hash in the database with the daemons record of the previous hash every update cycle (every block).

The history of the issue involves "phantom" transactions that cause database updater to error out unable to find the orphaned transaction. Further debugging found that orphan blocks were causing it.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 05:48:23 AM

Test Version 3 is live for Primecoin.

Besides many optimizations and behind the scenes improvements, the SEARCH QUERIES ARE UP!  Smiley

Left to do before Version 3.5:

- Finish the ledger interface to back trace and display the transactions associated with the account. As of now it only shows the current balance.
- Finish the 'Spent Output' display in the transaction page.

I have decided to try and solve the orphan block issue by placing a 20 second delay between Block Notify and when the database management module queries the daemon for the current block/transaction information.
I am hoping that 20 seconds is enough time for the daemon to discover it has an orphan block and store/report the correct information.

CCEIII still needs many visual improvements. These will come with version 4 as the extra features are rolled out.

I will work on getting the Goldcoin CCEIII test server up to version 3, and back up for testing ASAP.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 01:49:32 PM

Just finished a little make over on the color and table schemes.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 06:35:25 PM

Both the test explorers will be down for a bit while they catch up from the last database backup.

This issue was strictly dumbassery on my part, and not a bug in the test explorers.  Lips sealed

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 08:26:27 PM

Both test explorers are up and running.

Primecoin:

http://cryptocoinexplorer2.com:5555

Goldcoin:

http://cryptocoinexplorer2.com:7777

cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 09:19:14 PM

www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/22/cryptocoin-explorer-iii-development-updates/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 10:15:08 PM

I have set up block explorers for both UFC and KED.

They are being hosted on the beta test CCEIII platform.

the ABE based explorer would have required some re-working to use these coins. I am certainly not going to be modifying ABE at this point with the CCE3 project testing.

These coins also give me an unique testing stress that I needed. Because they are so young with low difficulty, there are plenty of orphans.

Orphans are one of the major things I am trying to test CCE3 logic with.

UFC:

http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:9222/

KED::

http://cryptocoinexplorer3.com:9222/

The port addresses are needed until testing is over and I fully convert CryptoCoin Explorer over to CCE3 (which is based on Cherrypy rather then Apache)

Remember these are test explorers, so they may go offline or have bugs. Please report bugs to me.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

Test version 3.4 of the Primecoin Explorer is online.

Two things to note:

Some of the fields have changed in the Home page and Block list. This is in preparation to move to a Blockchain Info general type of theme.

Account Ledger is activated, but with a couple of restrictions. The ledger will only show the last 10 transactions, and because of this only the credit or debit amount is shown. The balance field would be too confusing without the full ledger.

The search algorithm for the ledger is rather complex and needs some major optimization to be practical. I have a few ideas on how to accomplish this and it is the next major hurdle to overcome.

The spent output feature will also be added next. It requires another field in the database. The code is ready, it is just a matter of rebuilding the database with the new field used.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 08:51:38 PM

CCE3 TEST VERSION 3.5  FOR ALL THE TEST COINS WILL BE ONLINE THIS WEEKEND!

The test explorers have been moved to their own server to facilitate a complete sever setup. A complete setup and test cannot be done on servers currently hosting live coins on CCE.

Test Version 3.5 is a completely functional base coin explorer. Full ledgers and searches are available.

New to 3.5:

Fully functional and quick account ledger system.
If you experience a delay when getting a ledger, give it a few seconds, you will be amazed at how long some of these account ledgers are!!! Literally 1000's of transactions long.
There can be some minor differences in the balance at the end of the ledger and balance in the "address" bar.This involves some minor rounding differences and the balance at the end of the ledger is more precise.

Various other tweaks and optimizations.

There will be a 3.51, but it will not bring any new features. The 3.51 release is the final database system that will be universal. Base chain, POS chains and prime chains will no longer have separate database structures or dbloader/webserver modules as they do now. This system will appear first in the SCI-FI coins that will be brought online later in the weekend.

That being said:

Primecoin test server 3.5 is online!

http://cryptocoinexplorer4.com:2001

Please note that the address will eventually be changed once the testing phase of the new server system is started. The address should then change to the normal CryptoCoin Explorer address system.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: