Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:01:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Nicehash  (Read 71 times)
begnme (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:29:44 PM

I have never been a naysayer of NiceHash. In fact, I have successfully rented out my miners for months with more profitable results than mining with ccminer to a local wallet. But now that they are "Back from the brink"...here is my experience:

I test the waters last night and after a few false starts I get a prediction from NH that I will make $2.75 in 24 hours per GPU (I have 4 older GPU's). Great this is even better than before the hack! I check my NH balance after 12 hours and I have barely over $1 and I am expecting $5 based on NH calculations. Anyone else seeing similar results? If that is how they are going to "recover" then count me out I am back to ccminer!
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:45:43 PM

I have never been a naysayer of NiceHash. In fact, I have successfully rented out my miners for months with more profitable results than mining with ccminer to a local wallet. But now that they are "Back from the brink"...here is my experience:

I test the waters last night and after a few false starts I get a prediction from NH that I will make $2.75 in 24 hours per GPU (I have 4 older GPU's). Great this is even better than before the hack! I check my NH balance after 12 hours and I have barely over $1 and I am expecting $5 based on NH calculations. Anyone else seeing similar results? If that is how they are going to "recover" then count me out I am back to ccminer!

Yea most of us won’t. And if you been around crypto long enough. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice..  anyway I’m counting it as a loss.  Hopefully someone will run them thru the ringer in court. I don’t have the time or resources. I’d stay far far away.  I posted the haircut they gave me on their thread. 

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
scaramanga1337

Activity: 280
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:52:15 PM

many youtuber  advertise hashflare these days due to the good btc mining rate, is it a better website/company for hashing power?
jaka331

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

Companies like nicehash will always be prone to cyber attacks. Too bad they were hacked. Some even say it was an inside job, because CEOs son is a famous hacker.
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:06:27 PM

Something dumb again begin to work with NiceHash.. If stolen bitcoins once, it is not excluded that it will happen again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: