Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 10:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest me a wallet  (Read 283 times)
Spike1337 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:33:52 PM

Hello, I want wallet which will have exchange from LTC to BTC and I can change fee per byte for btc tx

I have LTC and I want to buy something via btc, so it will need days for normal btc transaction. Can you suggest me a wallet which I need?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

Hello, I want wallet which will have exchange from LTC to BTC and I can change fee per byte for btc tx

I have LTC and I want to buy something via btc, so it will need days for normal btc transaction. Can you suggest me a wallet which I need?

I'm not so sure what you're asking here.

If you're looking for a place to exchange LTC to BTC use an exchange such as poloniex, GDAX, or bittrex.

If you're looking to store bitcoin, use Electrum.

If you're looking to store both bitcoin and Litecoin in 1 wallet, use something like Exodus, which supports multiple currencies.

BTTrader

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:13:56 PM

I like Coinbase and it sister trading platform Gdax. You can send money from your Coinbase account to your GDAX account instantly and from there you can convert to lite coin or Ethereum very simply.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:20:37 PM

Coinbase? I think coinbase is safe wallet and you can trade LTC to BTC too Smiley but Coinbase trading is not support for some countries.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 07:50:49 PM

The best is a tossup between hardware wallets Trezor and Ledger...
milhaop

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:33:59 PM

I like Coinbase and it sister trading platform Gdax. You can send money from your Coinbase account to your GDAX account instantly and from there you can convert to lite coin or Ethereum very simply.

Don't use Coinbase man. You don't have the private key, in other words, the money is not yours.
amigapower

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:42:24 PM

Ledger or Nano... lean toward trezor.  New Trezor coming out soon that looks sick.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:05:42 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 11:17:07 PM by Cryptoshops

Don't use Coinbase man. You don't have the private key, in other words, the money is not yours.

Not sure it matters which wallet you use if you dont have the private key or the wallet.dat file you are pretty much stuffed. This has happened to me so I wont use a wallet anymore they are just a complete pain in the backside and a lot of people have bitcoins stuck in limbo because of the way they work.   I use coinbase now so much easier lol
Spike1337 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:20:40 AM

I'm not so sure what you're asking here.

If you're looking for a place to exchange LTC to BTC use an exchange such as poloniex, GDAX, or bittrex.

If you're looking to store bitcoin, use Electrum.

If you're looking to store both bitcoin and Litecoin in 1 wallet, use something like Exodus, which supports multiple currencies.

Hello, I have downloaded exodus, when I send BTC can I mention fee per byte? It writes just fee which is 7$ but I want to send it with higher fee, is that possible?
esfirvelius

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:23:37 PM

Perhaps coinbase .
healthureum

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:52:24 PM

Hello, I have downloaded exodus, when I send BTC can I mention fee per byte? It writes just fee which is 7$ but I want to send it with higher fee, is that possible?

No, Exodus doesn't offer that feature. You can not change your fee based on block fee (Satoshi/byte). Use Electrum. It has that
Spike1337 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:58:16 PM

No, Exodus doesn't offer that feature. You can not change your fee based on block fee (Satoshi/byte). Use Electrum. It has that

Yes but does electrum have option to exchange from ltc to btc?
Laffyduffie

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:14:43 PM

Im using coinbase for that and serves me well
Malawi2

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Yes but does electrum have option to exchange from ltc to btc?

No wallet can exchange from LTC to BTC. You need to have two seperate wallets, and send your LTC from your LTC wallet to an exchange where you can sell them for BTC and then send the BTC to your BTC wallet.
0xSmC

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:01:59 AM

Electrum. You can chose your own fee and have your own personal seed.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 04:19:21 AM

Yo, I can appreciate you asking people their opinion here. What you'll find is a lot of differing opinions. The truth is that no one can choose the right wallet for you - YOU NEED TO DO THAT!

With cryptocurrency you're becoming your own bank. Don't let someone make that choice for you.

Here are the factors you need to consider when deciding which wallet to use:
  • The country you live in
  • Your comfort level with the technical elements of Bitcoin
  • How much convenience you need
  • What volume of transactions you'll be making
  • How much security you want to have

No wallets can provide you the best of the items above. There will always be tradeoffs, which is why only you can make this decision.

Here's two links to help you sift through your options...

A short list of Bitcoin wallets (a beginners list): https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

The full list of cryptocurrency wallets: https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
ZCoinTalk

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:30:57 AM

I would recommend paper wallets. Offen you just buy a few coins and then hold them. A paper wallet is very secure when you plan to do little to no transactions.

Also check out my signature for a wallet site that gives you a few daily coins. No need to deposit.
rphk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:43:06 AM

there are so many sites for wallet like exodus , jaxx , which supports muti crypto currency , best is to have go through reputed wallets with the trust rate is good ,And also private key needs to be with you , you shuold not share private key with any one. remeber to know address is diffrent than the private key.And also you send YOU coins to exchanges and from there you can convert send that to respective crypto wallet

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
wisdomabioye
Copper Member

Activity: 132

Developer, Promoter, Environmentalist

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:47:23 AM

Check Cryptopia. You can send LTC and exchange it for BTC and vice versa. You also have option of exchanging BTC for other cryptocurrency.
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

https://exclusiveplatform.com - PaaS for Blockchain Project.
Build your bot in seconds, Host your Bounty/Airdrop, We build the right crypto audience
vkwame30

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:42:59 AM

I think you are seeking for a place to exchange your BTC and LTC and a wallet a rather, if that is son, then the exchanges can generate automatic wallet for you to facilitate your transactions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: