Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:19:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should I move ::)  (Read 3555 times)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:43:49 PM

Back to the op, I've been to Ghana and yes, there are LOTS of Chinese investments there. Especially in Gold mining. The local village kids in Southern Ghana would yell out 'chino' when I'd drive by. They all assumed I was Chinese. LOL! Smiley  If you don't mind getting malaria a few times a year and having no AC (electrical system there can't handle the load) then go for it. I'd recommend Central America or Thailand as better alternatives from a 'comforts' point of view.

I told you about that gold mining show on discovery, there aint no way I would go there.
Why's that. I'm a bit too lazy to dig through posts. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:11:34 PM

What is the best place you recommend to live, thats cheap, I've been looking at spain, ghana and greece, any others? And can someone help me find a reputable realtor?  my price is between 1k-19k in the country (1acre+) Thx

Chile, Paraguay ?
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

If you're moving to Spain I would recommend idealista.com
marjamrob

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:43:19 PM

Not sure if someone said this, but go to Mexico. You could make it work...
There is a great guide on HackBB Wiki, sure it is for fleeing criminals, but it can be applied to anyone.
Jiveturkey235

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:22:32 AM

Africa.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:33:54 AM

I've been seriously considering Thailand myself.  Anyone from there know what it's like for an ex-pat?  I've done some research here and there, it's apparently very inexpensive to live there.  Perhaps a freelancer could make a very nice living.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:46:05 AM

thailand is ok if you dont mind filth.

and i refer to the garbage, rotting food, rats, cockroaches, men pissing EVERYwhere, absolute mediocrity, dodgy electricity, corruption EVERYwhere, pollution ALL year round(worse during slash n burn season).

i could go on for days, ive spent more than enough years there to know for certain, its a shit hole filled with some of the worst examples of humanity to be found.

although the whores(filth) do seem to keep the whore-mongers blinded to most of the real filth.

i am currently doing the same as you except to escape this cess-pit and get back to some semblance of civilisation.

anywhere you think of needs to be really, really looked into carefully.

Unless you're really loaded with cash, in which case you should be able to make it work wherever you may be.

You know there are other cities in Thailand.  Bangkok isn't the only one.  Also, everything you stated applies to New York, Paris, London, etc.

There isn't another city on the earth where more people piss in the street than my home town of San Francisco.
http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Streets-of-San-Francisco-drenched-in-urine-4658210.php

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:18:38 AM

I plan to move to Mars when they let me... where things are normal...

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:20:23 PM

There isn't another city on the earth where more people piss in the street than my home town of San Francisco.
http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Streets-of-San-Francisco-drenched-in-urine-4658210.php

On the up side: No tinea / athlete's foot.

On the down side: Urine on the street.

(Note: couldn't read article without subscription)

Oh, sorry. I forget that not everybody has a membership to the San Francisco Chronicle. It's boring really. It just goes on about even after the law was passed in 2002 banning public urination that people still piss everywhere because businesses don't let people use their restrooms. I have to admit that I was walking downtown on Market Street and couldn't find anywhere that would let me use the restroom and I pissed in a hidden doorway around the corner from the old Navy store. lol

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:28:39 PM

Oh, sorry. I forget that not everybody has a membership to the San Francisco Chronicle. It's boring really. It just goes on about even after the law was passed in 2002 banning public urination that people still piss everywhere because businesses don't let people use their restrooms. I have to admit that I was walking downtown on Market Street and couldn't find anywhere that would let me use the restroom and I pissed in a hidden doorway around the corner from the old Navy store. lol

It's a brilliant thing to make something illegal, and yet provide no way to help people not break the law. For instance, make it illegal to take a piss on the street, yet make no public toilets were people can get relieved of said fluids. The solution is to piss wherever you can, the chance of actually getting ticketed for it is very low, and there's a limit to how long a man can hold his pee in his bladder. But it is a truth that restaurants and bars will not let you use their bathroom in San-Francisco? In that case, it's just pure evil.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:44:01 PM

It's a brilliant thing to make something illegal, and yet provide no way to help people not break the law. For instance, make it illegal to take a piss on the street, yet make no public toilets were people can get relieved of said fluids. The solution is to piss wherever you can, the chance of actually getting ticketed for it is very low, and there's a limit to how long a man can hold his pee in his bladder. But it is a truth that restaurants and bars will not let you use their bathroom in San-Francisco? In that case, it's just pure evil.

Well it's really more complex than that but yeah that's the gist of it. There are many homeless people in San Francisco. I've heard that between the homeless and the young runaways/hippie types in SF there is one person living outdoors for every 10,000 living indoors. I don't know if that's a good number but it seems about right. Businesses don't want to let vagrants use the restrooms because they will take a bath in them so they make a policy that no one can use them. The problem is worse downtown at night. When the businesses are all closed the homeless take over every doorway and alcove to sleep. They piss and shit all over the city streets at night and the street cleaners and pressure washing businesses come by and wash it all during the day. There are public toilet boxes that you can use for a quarter but homeless and vagrants don't have a quarter. They are always filthy and broken so no one uses them anyway. It's funny because when you look at the street drains they all have a little crab logo and say "drains to bay" to keep people from dumping toxins in the street drain. But the city workers flush human waste into that drain all the time. lol

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

in ecuador every man pisses on street because it rains 2 times a day
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:18:31 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 04:07:40 PM by QuestionAuthority

OP, here's a condo that we were thinking about buying in Kamala. It's funny, I met more Americans while walking down Rim Had than Thai people and everything is in English. lol

http://www.siamrealestate.com/detail/phuket/apartment-condo/foreign-freehold/modern-studio-studio-penthouse-condominiums-kamala/#.Ue_uZ8u9KSM

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:34:35 AM

By Vivian Ho

July 11, 2013

It's a whiff as familiar to San Francisco as marijuana in a park on a nice day.

From the UN Plaza to the Mission District, Market Street to Polk, the Tenderloin to the Haight, San Franciscans are forced to navigate the nose-wrinkling, dry-heaving olfactory land mines of urine-splattered sidewalks on a daily basis.

The Board of Supervisors passed legislation banning public urination in 2002, but fresh yellow puddles on the pavement say the culprits prefer to answer the law of nature over the law of the city.

It's up to the police to enforce the public urination ban, which is punishable with a citation ranging anywhere from $50 to $500.

But quality-of-life infractions like public urination require that police officers see the crime happening in order to issue a citation, said police spokesman Sgt. Dennis Toomer - a serious limitation when it comes to enforcement.

Video won't cut it, nor will eyewitness complaints. Toomer said he doesn't know how many citations police issue a year.

"We know it's a problem and we're out there - our foot beats and our mobile patrol units - we're out there trying to enforce these kinds of violations," he said. "When we do spot something, we take action on it, but we have limitations. We're trying our best."

The constant acrid stench all over the city says the citations aren't much of a deterrent. Between Jan. 1 and June 30 of this year, the Department of Public Works received 5,636 requests for steam-cleaning sidewalk service, the majority of which were for human waste, said spokeswoman Rachel Gordon.

Although care of sidewalks falls to property owners, the Department of Public Works will provide steam cleanings when requested by private property owners because public urination and defecation is a public health issue, Gordon said.

Paul Chinn, The Chronicle

Stephen Lee from the Department of Public Works sprays a disinfectant before steam cleaning a sidewalk on Jessie Street near Sixth Street in S.F., an area that produces the most requests for sidewalk cleaning.
More than 3,000 of the requests over the past six months were concentrated in the Tenderloin and South of Market neighborhoods, with the Mission District following with 1,251 requests and 513 requests coming out of the northern neighborhoods of Chinatown, North Beach and the Marina.

Gordon said anyone with a problem sidewalk should call 311, and the department will send workers out within 48 hours.

As most things go in San Francisco, the 2002 ban on public urination didn't go through without a fight. A big issue with the ban was that there weren't enough public restrooms in the city.

But others also argued that some people will continue to urinate outside, no matter what's available. "We know it's a stinky problem for the city," Gordon said. "No one likes it. It's not good for the residents, the tourists or the people who work here. Unfortunately, it's a part of urban living that people will relieve themselves in less than ideal places."

What's not working
Issue: Sidewalks all over San Francisco reek because people urinate on them.

What's been done: The Board of Supervisors passed a law banning public urination in 2002, but officers can only issue citations for the offense if they catch the person in the act. As for cleaning, private property owners are responsible for the sidewalks in front of their buildings, but the Department of Public Works offers steam cleaning upon request.

Who's responsible: Police Chief Greg Suhr - (415) 553-1551, greg.suhr@sfgov.org

Chronicle Watch
If you know of something that needs to be improved, the Chronicle Watch team wants to hear from you. E-mail your issue to chroniclewatch@ sfchronicle.com, or reach us on Twitter at@sfchronwatch and facebook.com/ sfchronwatch.

Vivian Ho writes for Chronicle Watch, a weekly feature that investigates stubborn problems. E-mail: vho@sfchronicle.com, chroniclewatch@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @VivianHo, @SFChronWatch
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: