Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 hour SMA much lower than reported hashrate, could use some tips :)  (Read 139 times)
Mydi (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Hello guys, i'm fairly new to coin mining. I've read a lot and been mining eth since 4-5 days now. I've got a gtx1080 (no OC), win10 and using claymore 10.X atm. I'm mining for nanopool. On the software i've got a hashrate steady of around 19/20 Mh/s. I've had a few issue of the windows freezing (known issue for cmd/win10) and I solved it recently so these drops of reported hashrate should not happen anymore.

My main issue is that my 2 hour SMA and submitted shares has been declining heavily since 24 hours and I cant find the reason why. I haven't changed my settings. There is no apparent error message on the claymore window, nor on the log. My 2hour SMA seems to average around 10 Mhs instead of the roughly 20 i should get. My internet connection is flawless (and has been for a few years) so this should not factor in. My GPU is stable at around 60/65 degree and fan at around 40%.

My GPU load is around 50% since I use the option -ethi 0 (to be able to play video games while I'm home, I do not change the setting while away). That is the only "unusual setting" I used, alongside a tempreature control one ( -ttli 75) that I may remove if needed since the GPU temp seems to stay below or at 65 most of the times.

I updated windows, nvidia drivers, made sure I had 16gb of page files on windows. What puzzles me is that I did not change anything since when I started to mine and It worked fine as you can see in the graph below:

At first I had a 2H-SMA close to my reported hashrate and since a day it had plummeted to half of what it was. I know RNG is a factor with only one gfx card but over 24 hours, it would be very bad luck if that's what it was about.

What do you think it is related to?

Since my GPU load is around 50% could this be because the -ethi 0 option ? With or without it my hashrate in claymore stays around the same, wihch is wierd since my gpu seems to be working way less than without the option. But then again, it worked fine for two days with that option....

Any help will be greatly appreciated Smiley Thank you !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coulston

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:00:51 PM

I have similar problem. Since 10 days ago, effective eth gain in eth/hour rate dropped 20%.
I think I will now mine to the limit, take the eth and run...to the other pool.
stavrev

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:57:39 PM

My main issue is that my 2 hour SMA and submitted shares has been declining heavily since 24 hours and I cant find the reason why. I haven't changed my settings. There is no apparent error message on the claymore window, nor on the log. My 2hour SMA seems to average around 10 Mhs instead of the roughly 20 i should get. My internet connection is flawless (and has been for a few years) so this should not factor in. My GPU is stable at around 60/65 degree and fan at around 40%.

Guys, did you find where your problem was ?

I'm having a similar situation, everything is almost exactly as Mydi described it, the only difference is that in the last day from time to time I see a message from Claymore miner: "GPU #3 got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much".  I'm not sure what is "often" in this case. I see this message once or twice each hour. Until now, for a week or so, my SMA was very stable and very close to the reported hash rate. Now it is down to approximately 2/3 of what it was.
I'm thinking - maybe this particular GPU is not entirely stable at the clock rate I specified. Still, it is a bit strange because the other GPUs (1060) are exactly the same, clocked exactly the same way and the incorrect shares are comming only from this GPU (#3). I'm not sure if this caused the problem because I've seen the same warning in the past, though, probably not so often.
I lowered the clock a little and I hope this will solve the problem...

If you have any similar experience, please share.

P.S. videocard in question is: Zotac 1060 mini (Micron memory), clocks are: +125 +800
Mining ETH only, the Zotac gives me about 24.0-24.3 MH.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: