Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:23:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties with BTC/ETH payout  (Read 116 times)
t3hpwnographer (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:06:53 PM

Do bounty campaigns that pay in BTC/ETH ever work the way they're supposed to?

In the time I've been a member I've attempted to participate in 3 bounties that all claimed they'd pay out in BTC and/or ETH. The first one (FUNDCRU) was supposed to last 4-6 weeks with weekly BTC payments. I received payment for the first week, but then when it came time to be paid for the second week the devs announced that they were suspending the bounty campaign indefinitely. No payment was ever received for week 2, and they never locked the thread so some poor fools kept reporting their work all the way through week 6. The second one (Private City) claimed they'd be paying out in ETH. The campaign manager pretty quickly closed the thread after citing problems with the project dev and no payment was ever received. Now I'm on my third one, the infamous "C." In case you don't know what happened: the original bounty thread claimed that they would be paying out 15 BTC (or ETH if you so chose) over two campaigns. The first payout was supposed to happen on December 16th, but the dev asked for 72 hours to calculate all the payments which made the new deadline December 20th. As of now, no one has received any payment. They keep claiming they're going to post a BTC and an ETH address so people can check the payout transactions, but so far all they've done is add a little line or two to the post every day to maintain the illusion of updates.

I'm beginning to think that any campaign that isn't going to pay you with their own token is just looking to get free work out of people by promising something they never intend to deliver.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 05:41:42 PM

in this forum, bounty hunters must be done fairly (not to be cheated) .. all bounty participants are detected cheats, entitled to reject by the creator of the campaign ...

if there is no problem with the work, then, just waiting for payment

if in 1 week, no good news about bounty payment, please do discussion with developer ..
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:51:55 AM

Sad to hear the incident you experienced, I think you are less fortunate. I followed a signature campaign paid with btc and I get paid every week.

I hesitate with project c, because they dare to pay high-paying participants (above average), this is why I can not join the project c.

I think you should be more careful in finding and following the campaign project. See also the track record of its campaign manager and do research on the project and people in the project.
judgememes

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:28:01 AM

Probably because the campaign launched didn't get the success desired by the devs and managers, I see this daily along with these ICO's scams full of promises, they always end up running with investors money.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:30:35 AM

most campaigns that pays in bitcoin dont work that way. maybe your just unlucky to join a good camapign , ive been for almost 4 moths joining a signature campaign that pays in bitcoin everyweek but good thing i didnt experience any problem the same as you. however some campaigns has a rule that they will pay in token if they dont reach their qouta.  overall i suggest read all the rules and find out if the campaign manager is trusted or not , so that you are confident that they will pay for your hardwork.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:10:30 AM

Do bounty campaigns that pay in BTC/ETH ever work the way they're supposed to?

In the time I've been a member I've attempted to participate in 3 bounties that all claimed they'd pay out in BTC and/or ETH. The first one (FUNDCRU) was supposed to last 4-6 weeks with weekly BTC payments. I received payment for the first week, but then when it came time to be paid for the second week the devs announced that they were suspending the bounty campaign indefinitely. No payment was ever received for week 2, and they never locked the thread so some poor fools kept reporting their work all the way through week 6. The second one (Private City) claimed they'd be paying out in ETH. The campaign manager pretty quickly closed the thread after citing problems with the project dev and no payment was ever received. Now I'm on my third one, the infamous "C." In case you don't know what happened: the original bounty thread claimed that they would be paying out 15 BTC (or ETH if you so chose) over two campaigns. The first payout was supposed to happen on December 16th, but the dev asked for 72 hours to calculate all the payments which made the new deadline December 20th. As of now, no one has received any payment. They keep claiming they're going to post a BTC and an ETH address so people can check the payout transactions, but so far all they've done is add a little line or two to the post every day to maintain the illusion of updates.

I'm beginning to think that any campaign that isn't going to pay you with their own token is just looking to get free work out of people by promising something they never intend to deliver.

Your camp stops because they had failed and their expectation to get more traffic/views, and maybe they doesn't have any huge balance to support their camp that's why they fall for so early since sig campaigns are not guarantee anything to its advertisers and they should have some another option to get spread their words and get more clients.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:11:14 AM

Move on fella, that C scam is a real scam. It's developer / bounty manager doesn't act likely as a manager. You should move on and just remove their sig and look for a better bounty that has trusted campaign manager and if possible the funds are escrowed so there's an assurance that you'll be paid.

With that C scam, it's promising a very high payout on this time with the high price of bitcoin although it's being corrected now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: