Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [12-12-21] Bitcoin is a real asset class for young people-Tom Lee  (Read 119 times)
SlipMart (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:26:49 PM

The strategist said acceptance of cryptocurrencies as an investment is not different than how previous generations adopted gold and the “baby boomers” helped drive the stock market rally in the 1990s.

“The millennials in the U.S. are driving this adoption and recognition that blockchain and cryptocurrency and sort of digital businesses is going to be a real asset class,” he added.

Read More:https://bitzamp.com/bitcoin-real-asset-class-young-people-tom-lee/
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secondgarlic

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:44:39 PM

Obviously young people are more up to date on the most recent technological developments, and generally they don't have families and not a lot of money to lose as well, so they can take more risks than your average adult. It should be no surprise that young people are into cryptocurrencies more.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:18:48 PM

Obviously young people are more up to date on the most recent technological developments

Not only that, but the older generation is far too traditional in everything they do and think. If I hear people talking about Bitcoin where I work, from which the majority is +40 in age, they don't even know what they are talking about. I participated in one of these conversations at the moment things become too awkward. They believe that Bitcoin has got hacked many times already, where as result people lost all their coins. I jumped in to explain them that it's not Bitcoin that got hacked, but a third party service functioning as exchange or wallet service. It's something I see come back in the comment section of YouTube video's as well. It's mind boggling how stupid people can be, really.
Guardian.P

Activity: 609
Merit: 255

Pandora's Tokens Bounties

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:58:37 PM

Obviously young people are more up to date on the most recent technological developments

Not only that, but the older generation is far too traditional in everything they do and think. If I hear people talking about Bitcoin where I work, from which the majority is +40 in age, they don't even know what they are talking about. I participated in one of these conversations at the moment things become too awkward. They believe that Bitcoin has got hacked many times already, where as result people lost all their coins. I jumped in to explain them that it's not Bitcoin that got hacked, but a third party service functioning as exchange or wallet service. It's something I see come back in the comment section of YouTube video's as well. It's mind boggling how stupid people can be, really.
I know what you mean. When I was working at work in the environment of the collectives from 25+ years, everyone there said that it was a pyramid. When I explained to them that I had earned a small sum on the company's bounty and invested in ISO, where I multiplied the investment by 20 times, they still did not believe me,
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:06:58 PM

“The millennials in the U.S. are driving this adoption and recognition that blockchain and cryptocurrency and sort of digital businesses is going to be a real asset class,” he added.

he's right. it took years for my generation (twenty-somethings) to come around, though. with one exception, it wasn't until bitcoin was above $10,000 this year that my friends finally took an interest. in contrast, i haven't had any older colleagues or family members ask me about it, even though i've been mentioning my involvement in bitcoin trading for at least 3 years now.

the older generations are still stuck on traditional investments like stocks and gold. the exception seems to be technical traders. well-known traders like peter brandt, john bollinger and steve burns have all been dipping their toes into the cryptocurrency scene. their involvement on social media has done a lot reach a new audience of investors and traders.

AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:35:58 PM

According to a survey, "27 percent of millennials would prefer to invest in $1,000 of bitcoin versus the same amount of stocks."

High returns in short period thrills young people who go against traditional assets. Where S&P 500 surged more than 18% this year, Bitcoin surged 1700%. Quick returns involving risks is something that attracts millennials. I think the percentage of the youth in survey would have been more if bitcoin was more popular.

Also, Lee said, "Millennials have great interest in digital businesses, social media and bitcoin and the millennial population is not going to peak until 2040."

Where most of the experts are highly bearish for bitcoin in long term and saying the bubble will burst in coming years. He is quite bullish on Bitcoin while betting a growth for more 23 years.
captainplauze

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:37:27 PM

https://bitzamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/104850435-IMG_6041r-tom-lee.530x298-500x280.jpg

The strategist said acceptance of cryptocurrencies as an investment is not different than how previous generations adopted gold and the “baby boomers” helped drive the stock market rally in the 1990s.

Read More:https://bitzamp.com/bitcoin-real-asset-class-young-people-tom-lee/

is likely how life is forced, old people are attached to their normal doings while youngs like to experience new things.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:04:01 AM

According to a survey, "27 percent of millennials would prefer to invest in $1,000 of bitcoin versus the same amount of stocks."

High returns in short period thrills young people who go against traditional assets. Where S&P 500 surged more than 18% this year, Bitcoin surged 1700%. Quick returns involving risks is something that attracts millennials. I think the percentage of the youth in survey would have been more if bitcoin was more popular.

Also, Lee said, "Millennials have great interest in digital businesses, social media and bitcoin and the millennial population is not going to peak until 2040."

Where most of the experts are highly bearish for bitcoin in long term and saying the bubble will burst in coming years. He is quite bullish on Bitcoin while betting a growth for more 23 years.

I don't think that young people are investing in Bitcoin because they want high returns quick, because high returns is not something exceptional to Bitcoin - there are penny stocks for example.
Young generation is more tech savvy, and careers in software engineering are especially popular among them, so there's much more people who understand why Bitcoin is so valuable and how it can disrupt the corrupt economy we have now. For them Bitcoin is not just an asset, it's an ideological movement that fights for a better future.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:36:29 AM

Obviously young people are more up to date on the most recent technological developments, and generally they don't have families and not a lot of money to lose as well, so they can take more risks than your average adult. It should be no surprise that young people are into cryptocurrencies more.

Next year, I am expecting a deluge of young people getting into Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. The year 2017 saw a big portion of the volume of trading coming from younger generation (am just assuming this) but there would be the snowball effect by next year especially that we already have the futures and soon the ETFs. These young people will be the future leaders of the cryptocurrency movement and can help the platform further evolved with their new and bright ideas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: