Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta Hack. What To Do If You Have Funds On ED.  (Read 102 times)
roastedparsnip (OP)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:56:27 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 05:44:59 PM by roastedparsnip

For those who aren't yet aware, EtherDelta's DNS servers were hacked yesterday (20th December 2017). This means that hackers were able to put up a fake site on the real etherdelta.com domain so anyone who used the site in that time (even those who only visit the site from a bookmarked link) may have given their private keys to the hackers, who have then gone on to empty those wallets.

If you use MetaMask or the BLUE Chrome extension then your tokens are safe.

But if you use EtherDelta or MEW without MetaMask or the BLUE Chrome Extension by entering your private key directly then you need to take action as soon as possible.

PLEASE DO NOT LOG INTO ETHERDELTA AS THE SITE IS STILL VULNERABLE. ETHERSCAN.IO IS ALSO HAVING SSL ISSUES SO PROBABLY BEST TO AVOID IT

Right now the best thing you can do is to join the Telegram group for Ethereum Blue at this link:

https://t.co/RoxhCbc3ku

Once you enter, you will find a pinned post which has step-by-step instructions on how to move your funds out of EtherDelta without logging in to the site. The devs and admins in that group have stated that they are ready to help every single person who has funds stuck in EtherDelta.

There's no charge for this and there are some genuinely helpful people in that group so you can ask questions if you are unsure about anything. I'm also happy to answer questions in this thread and will try my best to provide updates on the situation.

Full Disclosure: I am NOT a developer or admin in that group but I am an investor in the BLUE token. I'm sure there are many people who may have funds in EtherDelta which will come in useful over the Christmas/New Year period so please help to spread the word to people who need help with this EtherDelta hack. It won't cost them anything and hopefully we can all learn some lessons going forward.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: