Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 04:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im creating a new cryptocurrency to use in Cuba. Any ideas?  (Read 214 times)
hypnotic-frog (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:23:12 PM

ERROR: "You have exceeded the limit of 1 personal messages per hour"

Whaaaaaaaat!  Embarrassed
nrm4bits

Activity: 132
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:27:09 PM

LMAO yes sorry, check this out, i pm you
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:31:10 PM

You could use Byteball in Cuba. It can be sent through email, unlike all other cryptocurrencies. And it has a great wallet which makes it easy to adopt and it doesn't need proof of work.

Mail is not really a good idea, at least not without encription and if it is encrypted then is suspicious in Cuba I guess. Besides, how many people there have access to internet as we understand it in the western countries?

I know email is not idea choice, but saddly, email and SMS' are the only services users can use in their smartphones to interact with the network if they are not connected to a public Wifi.
Email can be encrypted though. I think that would be no problem.  

I think that you may look into TokenPay. Very discrete and quite easy to send.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:57:36 PM

Hi. Im a software developer who lives in Cuba, and I have being working for a while in a project to run a new cryptocurrency in order to allow cuban people to use epayments. This are my thoughts:

• It cant be bitcoin. I really dont see it. Getting bitcoins in Cuba its really hard. Mostly because almost all exchanges forbid access and operations from the country. Also minning in Cuba is not an option as you might guess. Sad
  • It has to be email/sms driven to end users. Most people in Cuba dont have easy internet access. There are some public Wifis you can use, but they are very localized and the coverage is small. But, most of the cubans have cellphones (without internet), but they have access to email data plans and sms services. All interactions from the users wallets to the blockchain nodes should be ussing those.
  • It has to work partially offline.Like allowing users to sign transactions offline and send them later when online.
  • It has to be 100% without the government support.There is no way the Central Bank of Cuba (and the government) supports a system like this. They have a monopoly over all the financial system and all the operations are closelly monitored.

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

Any ideas, thought, or comment would be really apreciated!

getting bitcoin is hard in cuba depends on your quote above, but why you want to make a new crypto there,,
are you already prepare for everythings,? maybe you will get problem with the government in cuba

Yes. Probably I will. But there are not specific regulations related with cryptocurrencies in Cuba yet. So by experience, you have to put the tech out there.... and then the government would have to deal with it someway. Not the other way around. At least not in Cuba.
km4700ruda

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:05:00 PM

No money to invest = no project.

It works by that way, if you do not have money to make marketing, you are not going to make a good project.

Also, saying that you are going to create a new Crypto from Cuba, is not a good face to promote your ico.
hypnotic-frog (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:23:34 PM

It works by that way, if you do not have money to make marketing, you are not going to make a good project.

Also, saying that you are going to create a new Crypto from Cuba, is not a good face to promote your ico.

Who says I have no investors? I just wanted to get some feedback from the comunity. Its not a fundraising or promotion post.
But you have right about the "new crypto for Cuba" label. I definetely got that wrong. Its not what I ment.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:08:09 AM

I have written a whitepaper already, but first I would like to know what other people of the bitcoin compunity might say.

Any ideas, thought, or comment would be really apreciated!

I will suggest you to scan the market for crypto and especially for new crypto because your crypto will be new and anonymous for people and in such a currency which has no place in market I will never invest. Already there are more than 1000 cryptocurrency in the market but people are investing in just 4 or 5 currencies because they do not believe the rest and no one wants to lose his investment in such a currency which has no value.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:17:24 PM

Do you think that Satoshi had much money to start with? Ok, I know times are now different, but if you have a real project and if your can convince a small yet knowledgeable team of people to join it, it is not impossible to bootstrap a project. I am sure that many people in Cuba would support it and possible people in Miami.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:43:01 AM

This thought has also come to my head. Cuba is not the prosperous country, and people do not have even enough fiat money to pay for living. Are you sure you will find those ones who will be really interested in this coin?
KevinO

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

Hi There,

Curious how you crypto project for Cuba is going?
You would think If any country needed a cryptocurrency it would be Cuba?

A couple of comments/thoughts --

1.  I am an entrepreneur and was looking at a venture to import large amounts of electronic scooters to Cuba and offer them for sale with long-term financing so there are affordable monthly payments.  However, one concern we have to figure out is how would consumers make payments as most do not have bank accounts.  Any thoughts on how what method Cubans pay their bills would be appreciated Smiley

2. I have a friend who specializes in ICO's and has done an ICO for bringing crypto to emerging companies called "Humaniq"
https://humaniq.com/.  He is a very busy guy but maybe some synergy?

If you want to hit me back you can email me directly at "KevinObrien60@gmail.com"

Thanks
Kevin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: