Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 09:25:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB-UK K16 Miner  (Read 670 times)
ajw107 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:26:35 AM

Hi
I'm quite interested in upgrading from GPU mining and buying a K16 4.5GH/s klondike miner. I've not been able to find anyone currently selling either chips or the K16 in the UK on here, so let me know if I've missed you're thread.  I'd buy it as either an 'all in one assembled with chips' miner or as chips from one person and K16 board and assembly from someone else.  I would rather it be from someone in the UK though, as by the time you've added international postage on the top, it does seem to significantly reduce the ROI (only wanting it to make the amount spent, the rest is the fun of using it).  As mentioned many times, anything over 1BTC per GH/s is a bit mad now, so I'm looking to pay 4-5BTC for the whole lot, and would prefer it if it wasn't a pre-order, or at least nothing more than a few weeks (is that possible at the moment)?  As I'm incredibly new to all this, I'd like to use escrow if possible, either through the regularly used John K (who I've not contacted yet, but will do when offers appear), or another service which is easy to verify on the board, I'll pay the fees.

Hope that all makes sence, as it possible to do.
Alex
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 08:49:13 AM

I'm not aware of anyone is ready with a buy it now solution since they've only sent out sample chips, to get designs like the Klondike tested.

I pre-ordered mine as someone from the UK, via this group buy (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200067.0), but I'm not aware their being any space left for any more buy ins for the chips anymore.

Best of luck, there was a few Europe based chip buys 2 months back, when I was doing it, however most of them are complete now.

Your options will be limited to buying up what chips you can now and get them completed via a Europe based assembler (http://www.minerfactory.com/index.php/miners/klondike.html) as I've used as they do accept chips bought outside of their group buys.

OR

Wait for the completed options, which come out later, which you will pay a mark up price for and also be later before you get a working device mining for you most likely.

As a small note there is a UK based company who has made mentions of entering the market with ASIC based products, Enterpoint, but their goal is to make really really large multi-chip designs, so expectations is it to be expensive. But they generally only sell once it's ready to be sold, no pre-order non-sense.

ajw107 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:16:54 AM

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. 
That was actually one of the Chip Group Buys I was looking at (Bizwoo), as there seems to be quite a few people wanting to sell on some of their chips.  The 65 Euro (no idea where the Euro key is on my keyboard, he he) for the K16 board from Spain seems okay.  I assume I could ask the seller to tell Bizwoo to send the chips with the others to get assembled in spain?  Not sure what the time-frame on the finished product is though (you don't happen to, do you, as Bizwoo is on his hols I thinks now)?  The other builder I looked at was AlphaHPC in Romania for 0.85 BTC, but then you need to factor in the cost of having the chips sent to me, then to Romania, then the final product coming back to Britain.  Their lead time is currently about 13 weeks on the finished product.
Alex
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

Whom ever you buy the chips from, you'd have to ask them what arrangements they can do for you. But when it comes to Bizwoo/Nekonos I do know that purchasing of the assembly process is a separate cost and you arrange the courier pickup from their offices on the finished product which is also a separate cost, which is a lot cheaper than I expected. So keep that in mind.
Once Bizwoo (Bulk Chip buyer) and Nekonos (Assembler) get the Chips, I think the expected time to completion was in the region of 2 weeks.
I'm not sure about other assemblers, there was not that many when I was making my pre-orders, especially not in Europe, only 1 in the UK, which is Enterpoint, whom is opting for a rather different design.

ajw107 (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:51:02 PM

I think that maybe the way to go actually, fingers crossed I can still get 16 or 32 chips off someone who is selling them from Bizwoo's lot.  You've been incredibly helpful, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: