Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A great intro video for bitcoin  (Read 111 times)
player514 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Hey guys, I stumbled upon this informative video from Austin Evans for anyone who wants to get into Bitcoin.

https://youtu.be/2X9eJF1nLiY

While he doesn't go too deep into the technology behind the coins, he does offer a great surface level explanation of Bitcoin, how it's obtained, and some of his own opinions as well. The only part I have against this video is his use of coinbase, but I think it's just something an average Joe would use at this point.

What are your thoughts?

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chocomartin

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

Coming from someone who knows just a minimal amount of information about BTC, this was pretty helpful. It was in-depth enough for me to understand where the bitcoins come from and how they work and it wasn't overly technical to the point of confusion. I was looking for a good and simple video explaining btc to show to my friends, thanks for this! 
player514 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:16:01 PM

Coming from someone who knows just a minimal amount of information about BTC, this was pretty helpful. It was in-depth enough for me to understand where the bitcoins come from and how they work and it wasn't overly technical to the point of confusion. I was looking for a good and simple video explaining btc to show to my friends, thanks for this! 

No problem! Austin Evans has always done a good job with anything tech related. I highly suggest his videos for anyone trying to research reviews of products they're trying to buy or even some introductory level technological knowledge. It might actually be a bit too steep for people JUST getting into bitcoin, but I think this really hits a sweet spot between those who know a little about it and those who know a lot.

cryptogoose11

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:31:55 PM

..the video was USELESS.... I have buying BTC for some time and I can remember all the pitfalls that I ran into and this vid doesnt do a thing to explain any of it - none what so ever.  buying BTC is hard, time consuming, lots of overpriced fees, and sometimes doesnt even work

If Visa or Mastercard worked like this there would a revolt in the streets by morning.  

This video does NOT provide one ounce of useful information for any NEWBIE out there.  

The problem really is that there is a lack of really sound and useful content on how to actuallly sign up to an exchange, fund your exchange, load yoru exchange wallet, buy a bitcoin and then transfer than BTC to another more personal wallet on your PC/mobile device for longer and safer storage

good luck

PS the effin video is called "  Great Intro into Bitcoin"...I know that anyone you doesnt know about bitcoins will run the other way when seeing this vid.
player514 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:52:46 AM

..the video was USELESS.... I have buying BTC for some time and I can remember all the pitfalls that I ran into and this vid doesnt do a thing to explain any of it - none what so ever.  buying BTC is hard, time consuming, lots of overpriced fees, and sometimes doesnt even work

If Visa or Mastercard worked like this there would a revolt in the streets by morning.  

This video does NOT provide one ounce of useful information for any NEWBIE out there.  

The problem really is that there is a lack of really sound and useful content on how to actuallly sign up to an exchange, fund your exchange, load yoru exchange wallet, buy a bitcoin and then transfer than BTC to another more personal wallet on your PC/mobile device for longer and safer storage

good luck

PS the effin video is called "  Great Intro into Bitcoin"...I know that anyone you doesnt know about bitcoins will run the other way when seeing this vid.

I'm sorry for seeing this a little late. I think the issue comes with the purposes of the video. The video is not from an investing standpoint. Instead, it is a technological introduction to bitcoin. Austin Evans is a technology youtube content creator; he has no interest in investing (at least for his vids), but instead is trying to introduce people to what the history behind bitcoin is and what the currency in general.

zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:10:11 AM

Austin is one of the well-knowned tech reviewers in the internet. This is a good sign that bitcoin is being spread all over the world. Whatever we say about the video, we can't deny that these media groups help alot with spreading the word.

player514 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:41:01 PM

Austin is one of the well-knowned tech reviewers in the internet. This is a good sign that bitcoin is being spread all over the world. Whatever we say about the video, we can't deny that these media groups help alot with spreading the word.

Yup, that first statement is why I was slightly confused at the response above yours. He's actually been informing people of bitcoin even before, he's put up a couple of videos on how to mine altcoins as well and explained it thoroughly. I feel as though many of these major tech youtubers can make a LOT of money if they start putting videos out about Crypto. People are itching to know more about the field, and I know they'd rack up views.

sguy57
Copper Member

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:43:12 PM

Thanks for the video link, very useful
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: