Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason why there no Electrum for Bitcoin Gold ?  (Read 104 times)
streamplus (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:31:26 PM

Hi,

What is the reason why there no eletrum wallet for bitcoin gold ?

At my opinion, the first thing to think for before creating new cryptocurrency, is the ability to manage the coins on a web wallet, desktop wallet and especially ELECTRUM !!!

I checked the few options present on the bitcoin gold website, all seem to be not trusting at 100% !

Because i can't share my private keys elsewhere that my own PC, since there 2 forks today, there will be many new forks in the futur !!! Even Fork of Forked cryptocurrencies.

Any good solution whithout risky way please ?
streamplus (OP)

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

Any idea ?
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

Because Electrum has a policy to support Bitcoin in their app, not forks because they exist in a split chain and sometimes with different settings so they would have to program them in and they are not willing to. If you use Electrum, you can get your forked coin by transferring out your Bitcoin to a new wallet, export your private keys from the old one and import those keys into a wallet that supports the fork.

By the way, for the good forks with community support, good wallets will follow.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:17:37 PM

I don't think BTG team will be working on their platform actively, and have shown significant effort to convince wallet provider like Electrum to be developing wallet for it
Saif Mughal

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:12:20 AM

i have no idea about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: