Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to bypass the AUC3  (Read 202 times)
CryptoSouth (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:19:14 PM

Does any one know the pinout to connect a Avalon A7 miner directly to the I2C bus on the Pi?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

There is a writeup on the forum of how to do this. It is a terrible idea since you lose the ability to connect more than one to the RPi. You cannot daisy chain them if you do this.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
CryptoSouth (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:38:33 AM

I just need to connect one until I get my next shipment as I have no more AUC3s..  I have 15 units on line and a 16th unit just sitting there loan-some!
fanatic26

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:20:53 PM

If you have 16 Avalon 7s you should have 16 AUC3's. Each miner comes with one.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
CryptoSouth (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:28:34 PM

If you have 16 Avalon 7s you should have 16 AUC3's. Each miner comes with one.

I only got 3 with the kit I purchased!
fanatic26

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:44:45 AM

This is why you should only order from a legit reseller.

Each Avalon comes with:

1x microUSB cable
1x AUC3
1x 5 pin data cable

CryptoSouth (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:28:45 AM

This is why you should only order from a legit reseller.

Each Avalon comes with:

1x microUSB cable
1x AUC3
1x 5 pin data cable

Two things,

First is show me a official dealer that has units in stock and I will buy them out!

Second they have pallet packages listed on Canna.io that does not come with an AUC in each box!

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____

I purchased my units from a Mine Operator who purchases mine kits in bulk from Canna and sells a few units from each order. The money and miners were a 1 to 1 exchange on both of my lots purchased from my non official dealer. I in fact just picked up another 40 units today I will snap you a photo of them in the back of the Jeep in the morning as we are traveling back home with them now.

In attempt to use official channels I purchased my first units from an official dealer for thanksgiving and they still have not shipped! We are a quarter the way to having our units purchased from my non official source paid for in just two weeks, so by the time my units arrive from the official dealer the ones from the non official dealer will have met ROI.

But all of this is not here nor their because I was not asking if they should have come with the units because I knew exactly why they did not have them. I had also read the thread on bypassing the AUC2 for the A6 units but some people stated that it only worked on the A6 so I figured I would ask the question directly about the AUC3 and A7 miner.

So if you are done ridding your soap box about what should or should be in the box, who I should purchase my units from and don't have anything to actively add to the original question please pass on replying to this thread.

fanatic26

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:10:35 PM

Two things,

First is show me a official dealer that has units in stock and I will buy them out!

Second they have pallet packages listed on Canna.io that does not come with an AUC in each box!

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____

I purchased my units from a Mine Operator who purchases mine kits in bulk from Canna and sells a few units from each order. The money and miners were a 1 to 1 exchange on both of my lots purchased from my non official dealer. I in fact just picked up another 40 units today I will snap you a photo of them in the back of the Jeep in the morning as we are traveling back home with them now.

In attempt to use official channels I purchased my first units from an official dealer for thanksgiving and they still have not shipped! We are a quarter the way to having our units purchased from my non official source paid for in just two weeks, so by the time my units arrive from the official dealer the ones from the non official dealer will have met ROI.

But all of this is not here nor their because I was not asking if they should have come with the units because I knew exactly why they did not have them. I had also read the thread on bypassing the AUC2 for the A6 units but some people stated that it only worked on the A6 so I figured I would ask the question directly about the AUC3 and A7 miner.

So if you are done ridding your soap box about what should or should be in the box, who I should purchase my units from and don't have anything to actively add to the original question please pass on replying to this thread.

Well I have about 900 spare AUC3's from my last Canaan order but if you are gonna be a dick they are not for sale.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: