Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Blackout - No transactions on Christmas Eve!  (Read 833 times)
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:25:04 AM

Please kindly stop making Bitcoin Transactions for a day or two...The Blockchain needs to catchup!

Let's do a blackout for Bitcoin Transactions.

288000+ Unconfirmed Transactions.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

HelpMyWallet.com

This is my cry for help...  Grin

Yeah got a transaction stuck from 1 exchange to the other.. Can't even push it trough with an additional fee.. No idea what to do now...

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:50:29 AM

I really do not want to do transaction because Blockchain transaction is very long and until now Bitcoins still not been confirmed. I sent Bitcoin 2 days ago

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
helpmywallet (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

HelpMyWallet

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:21:18 AM

2 or 3 days later and still unconfirmed.

So much for a P2P system that works. Anyone want to design an off-chain alternative and get some of the major exchanges to adopt it? All of the fly by night bandwagon fans are on Bitcoins nuts and it is being choked out... and not in a good way!

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:42:26 AM

The fees are enough to stop people from sending transactions lmao. It's sad, but Bitcoin is pretty much unusable right now.

In my opinion, it's better to advocate against dumping. I don't have any data to support this, but I only really see two reasons for the massive transaction pump at this point:

1) Network spam attack. Bitcoin Cash has done this before. They can do it again. They paired the last attack with massive FUD and with Roger Ver moving his coins. Now, this network spam coincided with Bitcoin.com's co-founder dumping. Could be a coincidence, but I don't buy it.

2) People panic dumping. You can always delay your transactions unless you actually bought something, which few people really do. What other transactions can't be delayed then? That would be panic dumps, with people wanting to preserve the value of their money.

We'll get through this like we did the last.

kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:45:55 AM

Please kindly stop making Bitcoin Transactions for a day or two...The Blockchain needs to catchup!

HelpMyWallet.com

This is my cry for help...  Grin

this is very much alarming news for this platform. we have observed that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies price has fallen down and the transaction process also has been hanged. that's why we have to take a very careful step to transact Bitcoin.

If your statement would be true then we have to wait for a couple of days for sending Bitcoin in order to convert into money. So wait and observe what's going on. I think within a couple of days, the situation will be calm and quit.
captainplauze

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:48:32 AM

HelpMyWallet.com

There are romours that miners holders are doing many small transaction to make a big congestion over the blockchain.
kalakabgr

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:50:06 AM

BTC would need a system to deprioritize meaningless transactions to avoid this type of DDOS attacks
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:17:12 AM

HelpMyWallet.com

This is my cry for help...  Grin

this is very much alarming news for this platform. we have observed that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies price has fallen down and the transaction process also has been hanged. that's why we have to take a very careful step to transact Bitcoin.

If your statement would be true then we have to wait for a couple of days for sending Bitcoin in order to convert into money. So wait and observe what's going on. I think within a couple of days, the situation will be calm and quit.

Well I just hope all the transactions will be confirmed before the year ends. It's very alarming and I don't like to start my new year with this kind of problem. Aside from high transaction fees, I didn't expect this to happen in blockchain. We really can't predict what will happen in the next few days. I'm waiting for my payment to be confirmed and it's still stuck for how many days already and I'm needing it so I can buy stuffs before Christmas, but it seems like it will take more days or weeks perhaps for it to confirm and it's quite annoying.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:05:37 AM

I do really understand now why there are a lot of threads in the "Service Discussion" offering to accelerate pending transactions. I'm also tempted to seek help. But, they are one of the reasons why there is an ongoing chaos within the Bitcoin network. I guess we have to live this way temporarily until someone will fix up this kind of a mess. Also, I can imagine now once Bitcoin becomes more mainstream and will be accepted as an alternative payment method globally. With the continuous number of transactions keep rising up, there's no way that the network will cope up with the current demand of BTC users. Let's just hope that an excellent dev team will find a solution for this. Otherwise, we should look for an alternative digital currency that can sustain what Bitcoin has done a few years back.
Stooked

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:54:14 AM

HelpMyWallet.com

both of those will sell
spam form ver and others.
new users worry to lost all money and sell them btc

sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:04:47 PM

Wow 288000+ has not been confirmed, this is a very large number and needs to be investigated. I'm worried about fee for bitcoin transactions because every day his fee is more expensive, maybe this is what makes the transaction becomes difficult
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:16:46 PM

The current unconfirmed transactions are down now to 263350 so that was a good indication that there are transactions that were confirmed already but still that's a high number.

It's Christmas season mate so we can't stop people of doing it so and we all want to enjoy the holidays so everyone is just cashing out and keep on transacting. If you want to stop sending bitcoin, you can do it alone but it can't push others of following.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bhadnaufal

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:17:30 PM

HelpMyWallet.com

AS said , problema happen becuse there is people making congestion on the network and therefore fees are huge.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:48:52 PM

Damn! 288k! I thought we already have many miners already LOL
But I agree with your suggestion, let it rest for a while, do not do any transaction for a while. Do not let the miners increase their fee as much as they want Tongue

crypto90

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:56:01 PM

I agree. I've sent some btc with a small fee almost a week ago and it didn't arrive yet
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:57:06 PM

HelpMyWallet.com

I totally agree with you.. A lot of unconfirmed transaction in bitcoin now. I thought I was the only who noticed this one. That's why I did not have any transaction with bitcoin started last day.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:25:36 AM

HelpMyWallet.com

I totally agree with you.. A lot of unconfirmed transaction in bitcoin now. I thought I was the only who noticed this one. That's why I did not have any transaction with bitcoin started last day.

Yes this is a nice idea, although i do not believe people will do this and if just in case we do this for a day most likely the next day transaction after the blackout will just be doubled.

The blockchain really need to have a breather but somebody should think a permanent solution.
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:39:48 AM

People aren't just going to not use their Bitcoin, but people should try to consolidate transactions, and take it easy to some point if you can.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
Valentina Ambassador

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:43:47 AM

Hello author! I understand you very much! But you really think that you can just ask and people will stop make any transaction? It will be paradise if all people here will be like big family and stop make it but I don't believe in it!

It is not impossible. People are known to do even more amazing things when they come together on something.
Perhaps organizing an event of sorts is in order. Like the Earth Hour when people turn their lights off, just for Bitcoin, or something like that.
Sorry but I don't believe in solidarity here in this community but maybe it's only now such situation! About Earth hour...come on...people kill people, starts wars, make deforestation maybe they think that money make oxygen? I don't believe in big full of solidarity crypto family especially when we are talk about money. Hope I am wrong..

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:39:18 AM

In as much as that is the best option for this present situations it will be very hard for people to stop transactions for a day in bitcoin. The amount of unconfirmed transactions are increasing day in day out the blockchains are congested and the transactions fees is on the increase but that will not stop the people from carrying out transactions. Your advice is the best but only if the people can act like one big family and stop as you have said.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: