Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:12:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Blackout - No transactions on Christmas Eve!  (Read 834 times)
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:24:45 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 05:35:25 PM by Anti-Cen

Easy Fix , Use Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin instead,  not just for Christmas Eve but for all time.

old bitcoin is dead, it is just most people are too stupid to realize it.

Currently $55 to make a transaction and still wait days, RIP old BTC.

I hope it does not go quite as far as that because of the knock effect but today you are my hero because I thought
that i was the only one here that dares to call in to question the block-chain or Lightning but then I noticed your
advert in the footer that many addictive gamblers here tend to use to peddle their wares but in your case I
decided to click the Youtube link .

I would send you a $1 in BTC as a compliment if you pay the $40+ transaction fee for me
but if you have a BTG address then games a good one.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:31:49 PM

Please kindly stop making Bitcoin Transactions for a day or two...The Blockchain needs to catchup!

Let's do a blackout for Bitcoin Transactions.

288000+ Unconfirmed Transactions.

So what's the purpose of this? If there are no new transactions going through then miners will chase down the unconfirmed transactions? Do you think we can clear 288,000 transactions in a mere 24 hours? I suppose it's 48 hours if you account for the time frame from the earliest timezone hitting Christmas Eve to the last timezone that completes that same day. There's are 24 time zones across the globe.

This is the first I've heard of this but I like the idea. Are you the sponsor? How's the promotion of this event going worldwide?
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

trying to share with you all what I do to stay ahead of the game.

Indeed you are a smart man !

Hope you stack a little silver/gold like me and I hope BTC plays a part in pushing the price down even more
and I am sure you can work out why and those that mine it are real nice people and will even post it to my
door with transaction cost being free after stamping a nice little picture on the front of it.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:47:02 PM

So what's the purpose of this? If there are no new transactions going through then miners will chase down the unconfirmed transactions? Do you think we can clear 288,000 transactions in a mere 24 hours? I suppose it's 48 hours if you account for the time frame from the earliest timezone hitting Christmas Eve to the last timezone that completes that same day. There's are 24 time zones across the globe.

This is the first I've heard of this but I like the idea. Are you the sponsor? How's the promotion of this event going worldwide?

I am not good at maths so maybe you can help me

60 seconds in a min so that's 3,600 per hour and we times that by 24 to give a total of 86,400 seconds a day

Now it get complicated processing the transactions because we don't have any dead periods waiting for new orders
to arrive so instead of processing seven a second like the max speed is on BTC we will call it eight instead for the reason given.

86,4000 X 7 = 604,800 without me even having to cook the numbers so maybe you can help me
with my mistake b/cus i am useless when it comes to maths

Just think these miners will be sitting in the cold after about (top of head) eight hours because they use these
power hungry mining devices to heat the room they are working in and they won't have much work to do.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:47:52 PM

Such is impossible, here's the reason: People are going to dump bitcoin on Christmas or new year's Eve and flee to some place where they can spend their weekend peacefully. Bitcoin blackout if in case it ever happens it'd be countered immediately by whales and traders. So why think of such a ridicule. But still just for the sole reason of not to degrade you, I wish you luck  Smiley.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:58:51 PM

Do you think we can clear 288,000 transactions in a mere 24 hours? I suppose it's 48 hours if you account for the time frame from the earliest timezone hitting Christmas Eve to the last timezone that completes that same day. There's are 24 time zones across the globe.

I am not good at maths so maybe you can help me

60 seconds in a min so that's 3,600 per hour and we times that by 24 to give a total of 86,400 seconds a day

Now it get complicated processing the transactions because we don't have any dead periods waiting for new orders
to arrive so instead of processing seven a second like the max speed is on BTC we will call it eight instead for the reason given.

86,4000 X 7 = 604,800 without me even having to cook the numbers so maybe you can help me
with my mistake b/cus i am useless when it comes to maths

Just think these miners will be sitting in the cold after about (top of head) eight hours because they use these
power hungry mining devices to heat the room they are working in and they won't have much work to do.

You're math is close.

3,600 seconds per hour, which also means 86,400 seconds per day. If we divide 86,400 by 7 we'll have the number of 7-second intervals = 12,342 "transaction processing intervals" within 24 hours. Now we need to see how many unconfirmed transactions need to be squeezed into each of these "transaction processing intervals".

288,000 unconfirmed transactions / 12,342 transaction processing intervals = 23 transactions that need to clear every 7 seconds for 24 hours straight to have gotten through all the unconfirmed transactions.

Now this DOESN'T take into account the number of miners or the fact that the period. I think this is doable. We need 23 miners online clearing nothing but the unconfirmed transactions to clear them all. We can do this!

Now, where is the tally of unconfirmed transactions? How can we measure success? IF it doesn't work for Christmas day we should ramp up the promotion and hype to occur on New Year's Day - which is more recognized across the entire world. No new transactions on New Year's Day!
tigan_gangmei

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

My two transaction is not complete too... Guess the miners are super busy.

Tigan_Gangmei
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:01:36 PM

Although the blackout as you call it is necessary but it is very tough to convince all the people to do so. The number of unconfirmed transactions are keeping on increasing day by day and it is rising the price of transaction fee drastically. The blockchain network needs time to confirm the pending transactions so that the network becomes stable. The blackout is necessary but it is difficult to let the people do it as they will most likely do the transactions if they need it to. So we must find a better way to do it than a regular blackout.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:39:22 PM

Hello author! I understand you very much! But you really think that you can just ask and people will stop make any transaction? It will be paradise if all people here will be like big family and stop make it but I don't believe in it!

LOL pretty much this. people have made arrangements priori to this announcement, and this is money. a surprising amount of businesses are actually staying open on Christmas nowadays as consumers venture outside of the home on this traditionally low key day. folks watch movies, eat at restaurants, use gas stations and grocery stores (gma forgot the eggnog!). if you use btc to pay for things like this..

.. then of course this isnt really an option.

but if the ones that can do, this should indeed have a wonderful effect on the congestion.  Grin
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:51:49 PM

Bitcoin blackout is very necessary but how do you really convince people to stop transactions when all they want at this moment is Christmas money for there friends and family, this is not going to work out. The heavy transactions are really cause slow in confirmations of transactions.
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:55:59 PM

Let also the office workers enjoy there holidays....
Be considerate.... Hahaha

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Akitot

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:57:52 PM

Hahaha let the other guys have fun during holiday seasons....
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:19:19 PM

This is not a real event. Blokchain does not sleep and does not celebrate. The bitcoin network works round the clock.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:27:52 PM

We can't hold peoples mind.. the blackout might happen when there are disasters going on the city or a worldwar fight it may happen that bitcoin transactions will stop in just a minute.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:02:18 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 10:16:48 PM by Anti-Cen

3,600 seconds per hour, which also means 86,400 seconds per day. If we divide 86,400 by 7 we'll have the number of 7-second intervals = 12,342

You're math is close.

I knew I was doing something wrong, just new it so if BTC can manage 7 transactions a second then we divide the number of seconds in a day
and we don't times it by seven like I did.

Wow I love this and it means the more electricity I consume each second will result in a smaller electric bill since we divide the time by amount instead or multiplying it.

We need 23 miners online clearing nothing but the unconfirmed transactions to clear them all. We can do this!

Again you beat me because I ran some code needed to start a virgin node and to start with it ran a DNS lookup
that returned a dozen IPs from the lookup of "Well known nodes" and then I asked them for a list of all the other
nodes that were up and working and these are know as "full nodes" and the result was, err well more nodes than i could count.

Clearly "full nodes" must mean they are "Full up with work" and this is why I never managed to get the code working that
asked for ledger headers from these nodes because they were "Full up with work" and could not service the requests.

I blame Russia Today and Ebay for my mistake because they was showing me like warehouses full to the roof of miners and
i had the number at something like 50,000 and not just 23 

PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:06:42 PM

This isn't a full time 'fix', but it would be nice to let the network catch up. I know this wont make much a difference because not everyone will see it, but it is worth a try and we'll at least speed up the confirmation process. I also think someone should pin this thread for more people to see.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:25:51 PM

I guess that not many people will listen to your proposal. I don't need to send my BTC anywhere right now so I'll leave it where it is. All transactions I have made recently, were from and to SegWit addresses. Why people won't switch to SegWit? I understand that many web wallets and exchanges don't support it yet but Electrum has already released a new version with bech32 base, native SegWit address generation. Unfortunately, not every client recognizes this new type of address as a valid one.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:40:36 PM

I guess that not many people will listen to your proposal. I don't need to send my BTC anywhere right now so I'll leave it where it is. All transactions I have made recently, were from and to SegWit addresses. Why people won't switch to SegWit? I understand that many web wallets and exchanges don't support it yet but Electrum has already released a new version with bech32 base, native SegWit address generation. Unfortunately, not every client recognizes this new type of address as a valid one.

Here i have to expose some of my lack of knowledge but Segwit was going to be a new fork, copy the block-chain, rinse and repeat and may or may
not still be going ahead on the 28th of Dec and is currently being listed as B2X  at about $1000

Some of the code needed for the new system was being developed but you seem to be saying it can be turned on in BTC
and will somehow work with the older system so I am a little bit lost here not that I am saying you are wrong about this.

Does this involved depositing BTC with a type of broker who then hands out IOUs (Fake micro units of btc) much like
Lightning does that are kept outside the real block-chain because I am more than a little bit lost about how this will work

tigan_gangmei

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:24:33 AM

Too much of unconfirmed transactions, lightning technology should be used more.

Tigan_Gangmei
keithieY5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:41:41 PM

it is better now i see fee back to 200 sat and can send 100$ with 15$ only.

unconfirmed number less than 200,000
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: