Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:07:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt Coin Pairings - What's best USD, BTC or ETH?  (Read 87 times)
Baja Surfer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:37:54 AM

I need some help here. Is there a difference if I buy the coin with USD, BTC or ETH. If I own the coin does only the value of my coin matter? Or is it connected to the price of the underlying pairing?

For instance I buy ABC coin for $1, or the equivalent at that moment in BTC. And then BTC goes from $18,000 to $15,000, the value of my coin is then worth more BTC if I sell it correct?

I do understand there's some risk in BTC pairings if there's not sufficient volume, so they may be more susceptible to swings because of being thinly traded, but I own the coins right? Not the pairing USD, BTC or ETH?

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:06:24 AM

I need some help here. Is there a difference if I buy the coin with USD, BTC or ETH. If I own the coin does only the value of my coin matter? Or is it connected to the price of the underlying pairing?

For instance I buy ABC coin for $1, or the equivalent at that moment in BTC. And then BTC goes from $18,000 to $15,000, the value of my coin is then worth more BTC if I sell it correct?

I do understand there's some risk in BTC pairings if there's not sufficient volume, so they may be more susceptible to swings because of being thinly traded, but I own the coins right? Not the pairing USD, BTC or ETH?

Not sure about which is the best but just try to buy through the coin that gives you the more coin.
For the second question and not sure about that. if your coin still on the stable price and you might get the more amount in the bitcoin. but i think that will straight with bitcoin price. your coin will go down on its price. but it gets a lot of increase in the bitcoin pair.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: